Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Lot of inner circle/ old boys network process in NFL coaching.  

Look no further than Zimmer being interviewed by Dallas for their DC job… dudes been out of the league for two years and is about as big of a retread as you can find in the NFL, but that’s Jerruh

32 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

Dolphins hire Ravens DL coach Anthony Weaver as DC.

And with that Brandon Staley is officially out of a job this upcoming year. Maybe it’s good to take a year off and just do some self reflection.

4 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Look no further than Zimmer being interviewed by Dallas for their DC job… dudes been out of the league for two years and is about as big of a retread as you can find in the NFL, but that’s Jerruh

Zimmer is a great DC...his defense has great track record and even during end of Vikings tenure when he had to deal with depleted defenses with ton of injuries & worst pass rush in league, he still did the best possible job he can. Would be a great hire for a team like Cowboys who have so much talent on defense

4 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

I like interviewing Zimmer as a DC. 

• Like 2

Why would anybody want Luke Getsy anywhere near their football team? It's Las Vegas, so I would rather have a member of the Blue Man Group to be my offensive coordinator if I'm the Raiders. 🤪

• Like 2

Getsy, McAdoo & Zimmer ? This is a devil you know is better than the devil you don't type of deal right? 
I guess I prefer when teams are shooting for the stars with unknown coaching talent versus hiring retread types like Kingsbury or Patricia who can't seem to adapt even if their job hang in the balance... 
I understand hiring Raheem Morris or Dan Quinn because at least they've been able to adapt and put some good defenses since they've both been HC. But what about Luke Getsy last years with Chicago, or McAddo last years doing nothing in the league or Kingsbury at USC would make you want to hire them again? I get there's not that many candidates but why not go for someone who might be good instead of someone who has proven to be bad? 
If I'm a Raiders fan I don't even want to draft a QB now if Getsy is the OC, he'll just slow down the rookie's development so much that it won't be worth it.