Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I could definitely see Ben Johnson to the Cowboys in 2025, though the lack of ties to Jerry (Jason) or prior HC experience (Wade, Bill, Mike) make it a bit unorthodox.  The likelihood of us going with an offensive guy like him over a defensive guy though is high.  Also don't see Jerry giving two hoots about how Ben handled his DC interviews

Exactly. If anything Jerry would love to rub it in. 

I have Ben as Dallas HC as his #1 landing spot next year.

1 hour ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Bold prediction: Washington fans will be back to complaining about their terrible ownership within two years. Not being Snyder only gets you so much goodwill.

Yes this whole smear campaign they have against Ben is giving them a bad look out the gate 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Yes this whole smear campaign they have against Ben is giving them a bad look out the gate 

Again, what else am I missing outside of the plane incident? I felt like I've been following this super close, but it seemed like all I could find was the plane thing, and then Ben Johnson calling them a bunch of basketball guys. Oh and I think some people said he didn't interview well, but I'm not sure that was limited to us. 

5 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Schefter is an idiot.

Whatever you think of his intelligence is immaterial. Schefter repeats what he hears. It’s unlikely he would be saying all this so emphatically if he wasn’t hearing a similar sentiment around the league on this. 

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So let me get this straight - it would be better for him to let you come out, sit down for 2-3 hours, interviewing him for a job he KNOWS he's not going to accept, and completely waste your time and energy, rather then let you invest that time/energy with Glenn who you're also in town to meet with?

The only way that this makes sense is if the argument is "he should have let them know sooner" or "he should have made sure they heard from him directly, not from Twitter" and even then it's just petty.  This is coming from someone who interviews executives and CEO's on behalf of organizations and boards all the time.

• Like 9

I don’t know, it sounds obvious to me through his previous tweets and that interview that Schefter is a mouthpiece for someone in Washington.

I’m tired of this whole thing though. Both sides playing he say/she say, both sides need to move on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

So let me get this straight - it would be better for him to let you come out, sit down for 2-3 hours, interviewing him for a job he KNOWS he's not going to accept, and completely waste your time and energy, rather then let you invest that time/energy with Glenn who you're also in town to meet with?

The only way that this makes sense is if the argument is "he should have let them know sooner" or "he should have made sure they heard from him directly, not from Twitter" and even then it's just petty.  This is coming from someone who interviews executives and CEO's on behalf of organizations and boards all the time.

It would have been best to let them know beforehand, no doubt.  I'm surprised Johnson lacks people skills to such an extent that he couldn't see that.

It also would have been much better to let them know before letting the world know.

Regarding your first point, one could argue that it would have been better to give them the courtesy of hearing them out and giving them a chance to change your mind since they're already midflight.  If that wasn't possible, one could argue that it's more professional to turn them down in person with your reasoning.

Whatever the case, I should have known that only one piece of that entire 3-minute video would be attacked as a way to discredit the entire thing.

12 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I don’t know, it sounds obvious to me through his previous tweets and that interview that Schefter is a mouthpiece for someone in Washington.

I’m tired of this whole thing though. Both sides playing he say/she say, both sides need to move on.

McAfee says Schefter reports for Washington in the video.

3 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

McAfee says Schefter reports for Washington in the video.

In a teasing tone.

People are also straight up dismissing the negative feedback coming from Seattle and pinning this all on Washington... which is typical.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It would have been best to let them know beforehand, no doubt.  I'm surprised Johnson lacks people skills to such an extent that he couldn't see that.

It also would have been much better to let them know before letting the world know.

Regarding your first point, one could argue that it would have been better to give them the courtesy of hearing them out and giving them a chance to change your mind since they're already midflight.  If that wasn't possible, one could argue that it's more professional to turn them down in person with your reasoning.

Whatever the case, I should have known that only one piece of that entire 3-minute video would be attacked as a way to discredit the entire thing.

You can't have it both ways.

You can't want him to let them know before the story leaked on twitter and want him to waste their time with an interview. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So what the hell happened with Kris Richards? He was a guy I had as a DC hopeful before Eberflus got the HC gig and he has just been a ghost the last several years. He was always a really good defensive coach I thought.

GMs and owners were all, “I am not pronouncing it “ri-SHARD,” Richard.”

And that was a deal breaker. 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

In a teasing tone.

People are also straight up dismissing the negative feedback coming from Seattle and pinning this all on Washington... which is typical.

The feedback from Seattle was so impactful, Seattle interviewed him twice and only hired someone after he reported he was going back to Detroit. 

• Like 2