Ongoing Coaching & GM Rumors/Updates Talk

RaidersAreOne

I actually feel bad for wilks. They brought him in, he couldn't run his defense.... Basically had to run someone else's... Then did an okay job in the super bowl and they bounced him. 

Him not being the right fit is correct, but just sucks for wilks 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I actually feel bad for wilks. They brought him in, he couldn't run his defense.... Basically had to run someone else's... Then did an okay job in the super bowl and they bounced him. 

Him not being the right fit is correct, but just sucks for wilks 

Yea.. this isn't a great look boss.

5 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Yea.. this isn't a great look boss.

That's why they brought in a secondary guy. They didn't want to mess with kocurek and the front. 

But if you look at what wilks has done as a DC, much different than what the niners have done under saleh and Ryans and kocurek. 

I think they were assuming the fit would just work, and it never quite did

4 hours ago, Forge said:

So I'm guessing that this is just a Peters comfort thing, @MikeT14 and the 49ers were okay with letting them go. 

I’m just surprised Lynn didn’t try to stay longer and maybe see if he could be like Mike McDaniel under Kyle. Especially if he wants to be OC or even HC again one day.

• Like 1

Not the final list since we’re still missing positional roles like RB coach. But so far, it looks like all the defensive hires are primarily from college, specifically Michigan. And all the offensive hires are NFL retread guys.

On 1/30/2024 at 7:28 PM, nagahide13 said:

If she was a cheerleader under Snyder I'm not sure she ever wants to go back

Or she's still carrying trauma and this is a Count(ess?) of Monte Cristo type situation where she's back to burn the place to the ground?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Not the final list since we’re still missing positional roles like RB coach. But so far, it looks like all the defensive hires are primarily from college, specifically Michigan. And all the offensive hires are NFL retread guys.

NaVorro Bowman as a LB coach?  Yeah... start punching up your CV Kenneth Murray... or head straight for Las Vegas because Telesco might be gullible enough to hire you twice.