Trevor Lawrence and the Jags - Year 4 (T-Law is what he is)

notthatbluestuff

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He played the worst D in the league.

That's true.

But before Carolina game many were predicting a Carolina victory.  All the Carolina podcasts and beat writers were I saw.  All the fan message boards were.  I think the line was -4.  So Bears were favored, but not by a lot.  

Bears were favored by just -1.5 last I looked in Jags game and not all Jags people were confident in win at that point, they all thought they had a good shot before game started.

Then two blowouts happen and people are like, of course.  It's just because they are bad.  It was easy.

You have whole threads on here and twitter and elsewhere before that saying he is a bust already.  

You have to give credit where it is due and not move goal posts before and after results.  

Will they look as good against better defenses?  Probably not.  That would be true of anyone though.  Good defenses are hard.

Bears will continue to struggle against teams with good D lines IMO.   Doesn't change the fact that Caleb, given time in pocket can hurt you.  As all talented QBs can.

But I think he has demonstrated that he is talented and can play.   He needs to grow as all rookies do.

His one big flaw IMO is that he isn't very tall.  Affects his sight lines and will result in more batted balls.

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

There seems to be a slight correlation between bad QBs locking on to their first read more often than good QBs, at least this year so far. A lot of that is dictated by the offensive scheme and structure though.

I think it all kind of ties in to itself. If you don't trust your starting QB, because he's not very good, you're more likely to structure your offense to be one read and get the ball out. You're going to give less of a leash to hold the ball to QBs who make bad things happen when they do.

58 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Just told on yourself.

That I think Trevor Lawrence is a solid QB surrounded by a dysfunctional organization and is only as good as the coaching and talent around him? (same with bortles even if tbh he was basically just joe flacco who never learned to read defenses)

Dude's a top 16 starter but the inconsistency is blegh.

10 minutes ago, Xmad said:

That I think Trevor Lawrence is a solid QB surrounded by a dysfunctional organization and is only as good as the coaching and talent around him? (same with bortles even if tbh he was basically just joe flacco who never learned to read defenses)

Dude's a top 16 starter but the inconsistency is blegh.

He is literally on the same career path as Derek Carr. Plays for a dysfunctional organization, flashes high level ability but is super inconsistent, doesn't really elevate the team around him, and his inconsistency is one of the main reasons for their struggles as a team.

On 10/3/2024 at 3:58 PM, MagicMT said:

Not saying he has a good O-line (he doesn't) or a good coach (Press Taylor or Pederson are terrible at play calling) but man look at what Jayden Daniels is doing in Washington. Commanders have a poor O-line and Kingsbury (who has been decent this year) and they're making magic with what they have. 
You shouldn't need for everything to be perfect around you to be a decent QB. 
Lawrence isn't in the best situation but at some point he has to play good enough to elevate his teammates and he's just not doing that. 

I think this kinda makes the opposite point of what you think it does.

Press and idiots are stuck in this old rut.  Kliff is showing that you can take a rookie QB and basically just run wild with a quasi-collegiate offensive design.

On 10/3/2024 at 4:21 PM, Soko said:

”Yeah his receivers are getting wide open, and yeah this is his third year with the same play caller, and yeah the team is strong rushing, but he’s not confident in the line” doesn’t fly for a guy who you just paid $55M/year. You’re not paying him that much money under the guise that he gets a pass if everything isn’t perfect around him.

The team’s freaking 0-4, I don’t want to hear that your $275M QB, wide open receivers, strong run game, and offensive minded coach can’t win a single game because TL isn’t confident in the line.

lol.  Strong rushing.  Ya'll ain't been watching when this Kitty team needs a couple yards and doesn't have a ******* hope in heck of making a yard or two on the ground.  They absolutely do not run the ball well.  And it's a huge part of the problem.

5 hours ago, Xmad said:

Never forget trevor lawrence is still Blake Bortles with hype.

One key difference is that Trevor knows how to throw a football.  Bortles never quite figured that part out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He is literally on the same career path as Derek Carr. Plays for a dysfunctional organization, flashes high level ability but is super inconsistent, doesn't really elevate the team around him, and his inconsistency is one of the main reasons for their struggles as a team.

Nahhhh Derek Carr is just a medicore QB, homie's best skill is his ability to exist and force feed his no.1 red. Trevor has talent but it ain't between the ears.

Trevor Lawrence is more like Ryan Tannehill tbh. The talent's there but you question if everything else is.

Feel like once Pederson is gone later this year (or brings in an OC who do their god damned job) we'll see his potential for 1-2 years before defenses adjust and he goes back to being captain more flash than substance.

Nothing wrong with being a QB who can't carry the team that's a rare breed and maybe like 5 guys who can do it right now? (Burrow, Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Purdy) 

Everything is fixable but the fact it hasn't been fixed with adjustments in what works for him/offensive play calling to adjust is just pure Jaguars. 

7 hours ago, Xmad said:

Nahhhh Derek Carr is just a medicore QB, homie's best skill is his ability to exist and force feed his no.1 red. Trevor has talent but it ain't between the ears.

Carr put up 32 TD's in his second year and then was an MVP candidate in his third year before he got hurt. Their numbers are basically identical over the last three years and Carr was more productive in every way in his first three years.

On 10/16/2024 at 11:23 AM, Tank4Drake said:

I cannot believe the Jags paid Lawrence already. He has not had one good season and hasn’t proven a thing.

That one good sophomore season looks about as flukey as the one good sophomore season from the likes of Josh Freeman, Blake Bortles, and Mitch Trubisky.

Edited by redsoxsuck05