2023 GDT Week #9 4-3 Steelers vs. 3-4 Titans

Steeler Hitman

2023 Week #9 Who Ya Got This Week?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Steelers Offense start fast this week?

• Yes. This is finally the week the Steelers offense shows up in the first half?
    • No. They are who they are?
    • It won't matter. They will blow it late or win it late.

My bold prediction : We finally come out and score a TD in the 1st quarter.

Thats allows us to keep the heat on Levis to a degree and 3 Boz field goals the rest of the way. Will it be enough to get the win, I think so. Feels like 16-14 for the good guys to me, but Im hoping for 16-13 at least ;) .

Start out with a lot of Jaylen Warren. Pickens is the big concern for Tennessee and him breaking loose once or twice is a high likelihood.

33 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

As a Penn Stater, I always believe that Levis got hosed when he outperformed Sean Clifford in the spring game early in his career there in what was supposed to be a somewhat open battle. Franklin stuck with Clifford and then because he either has a fear of risk or is also a loyalist to a crippling degree, Sean Clifford was the qb for the next 6 or 8 years. Levis never really showed anything too promising thereafter except his Taysom Hill like running ability with an occasional rifle shot throw. I blame all of that on Franklin who has shown a HORRIBLE propensity to neglect and under develop and under prepare his back up quarterbacks. I'll go off on a tangent here so I'll get back online. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47csc9m4lhehr0a5g1ex

I apologize, this isn't a Penn State Forum. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

(but also, we are trying wayyyyyy to hard to keep one of the running backs from transfering) 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47csc9m4lhehr0a5g1ex

I apologize, this isn't a Penn State Forum. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

(but also, we are trying wayyyyyy to hard to keep one of the running backs from transfering) 

I think James Franklin was the only one not to see it.

• Like 1

Levis' big down for the draft was that he would fail to put the team on his shoulders to win.  He will need mechanical work to make him accurate to an NFL level.  He was my #3 QB in the draft .  I comp him to Brett Farve but not many remember Farve in college.

so who is LT? I thought Moore reinjured his knee? Anyways, if Moore is good to go, I like this move because chuks is a weakness for the run game and he needs to be gone next year .  chuks play hasn't even been near what his cap value is, very overpaid to say the least. A colbert holdover that will finally be gone. There are a few others too, and perhaps we will see them benched or get less playing time etc in the next few weeks

This is one good move anyways. 

Next will be cole, who should take notice of this.  I expect a change at C in the next few weeks if the team has a chance at the playoffs only. If we lose the next 3 games, then I doubt it

4 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

On the other hand he is not AB or anything like that when it comes to speed or routes.

has there been anyone comparable to AB since ? I haven't seen anyone that reminds me of AB, he was like a video game for a while, really wasn't fair by the looks of it.  

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

Levis' big down for the draft was that he would fail to put the team on his shoulders to win.  He will need mechanical work to make him accurate to an NFL level.  He was my #3 QB in the draft .  I comp him to Brett Farve but not many remember Farve in college.

Favre was wild then too. I didnt watch any of his regular games but that senior bowl was the first one I ever took any kind of notes or did any kind of grading for in my life. He threw 3 picks as I recall. The funny thing is I may still have the worksheet I wrote out somewhere back in a box in PA. 

Edited by JustPlainNasty