Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yea. Who would you trust to a rookie QB? Another Rookie HC? 

He had a rookie mid rounder go 5-4. Kingsbury was the OC ready if the Daniels trade was there. 

To the other questions no . You’ll just flip it with flawed logic on a non ending thread responses. With subtle insults when you run out.

I look at the big picture. AP is 7-7 overall and 2-3 this season so far. Better than any coach under Davis Jr.

I’ll turn on AP like I have every coach when or if he deserves it. I’ll back his successor 

An offensive coach. Not a guy who hired a terrible offensive staff with Getsy to man the offense. 

You really need to get over last years record. And this year, you at least need to acknowledge 2 of the 3 losses were to bottom tier teams. 

23 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If we move on from this staff after one season, I would love Saleh as our DC. He's a top tier defensive mind IMO.

Yes. Probably a good chance he goes back to the 9ers, but if one of these Shanahan tree guys end up as a potential option for us if/when we're looking for a HC next year, then I'd hope they will ask the question about Saleh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Let the season play out with Pierce. Judge him based on the results. If we land a top 5 pick, so be it. Start off fresh with a new QB and head coach 

It’s not gonna be a good look if we keep firing coaches. That would be 5 HCs in 5 seasons 

Edited by bucksavage1

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s not gonna be a good look if we keep firing coaches. That would be 5 HCs in 5 seasons 

Should have never hired Pierce in the first place. Going have to pay up this time around. The players were wrong. (Maxx)

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Not a good look, sure. But you don't continue to roll with a bad coach. Nobody actually thought AP was going to be good anyway and interims are almost always one and done so it won't be much of a shock if/when it happens. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Def not, but winning cures all. 
again, no idea how this season plays out. 

I legit will not be surprised if we beat Steelers, we do better against mobile qbs vs true pocket passers who just pick us apart. (Stafford scares me ).

if team collapses, hopefully Ben Johnson is willing to interview for HC jobs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Honestly, shame on Mark for that. Screw the employees. Let's give them their proper labels here, they're employees. Not a single one of them, individually or collectively, should have that sway. Not a single one of them has made the difference between us sucking and not sucking. None of them have earned a right to demand squat. 

Adams wants out, bye. 

Maxx wants to go on a podcast with his cigar and make vague threats, bye. We'll take the 1st rounder for ya. 

So on, so forth. Sure, they may be good players, but if they were good enough to call the shots on HC decisions, we wouldn't suck. So they need to be told to sit down, shut up, do their job, or get lost. 

In my opinion, we don't have an irreplaceable player on this squad. Maxx is close, but he's not taking us from 4 to 10+ wins. We have him, we still suck. So he needs to be reminded where he is in the chain of command, or start making calls on a trade package. 

That's what a Jim Harbaugh would've come in and said to anyone pouting about not hiring AP. And frankly, that's what we need. Not a bro passing around cigars in the locker room for beating Easton Stick. 

And ya know what, that's where AP's schtik loses me. He has a romanticized idea of the smashmouth "Raiders" of old. Yes, they were tough, hardnosed, badasses. But they were disciplined where it matters. They were the Gulag in Siberia, AP seems to think they were LA Central Booking. The old Raiders he likes to cite weren't making business decisions, demanding trades, going on podcasts, and whining about whonthe coach was. And that starts and stops with AP. 

The Raiders he's talking about are the Madden and Flores Raiders. Could you imagine either of those guys in a press conference talking about "business decisions"? No. They would've gone into the locker room, ripped some new ones, and told the press "It's been handled". Ted Hendricks and Howie Long weren't going on podcasts. Branch and Biletnikoff wouldn't be pushing reporters or sulking on the bench. 

This team isn't tough. It's fake tough. The HC talks a big tough game, but calls them like a wimp. The players parry over beating nobodies and can't show up when it actually matters and go on Pat McAfee or wherever to whine and complain and threaten holdouts or whatever when they don't get their way. 

So I don't really care what the employees have to say or think about any move we make. They can put up, or shut up, and they definitely haven't put up. 

Definitely agree. 
that’s why I mentioned Harbaugh too, he wouldn’t have put up with it, and ultimately I think Maxx and others would’ve gotten on board.

if they didn’t, yes it would suck, but leadership starts from the top. 

I wouldn’t be willing to trade Maxx for just any Hc though, especially an unproven one who odds are we end up firing in 2 seasons.

we just so desperately need a great gm / coach combo. 

mark needs a solid right hand man he can trust. Honestly would love knowing that any poster on here, was in marks ear. Even if I disagree with their posts, many ways to skin a cat. 
mark struggles on who to listen too. Ends up paying people who are just using raiders to get their next promotion. 

gotta listen to people who just love the fricken raiders. Maybe Tiger can buy a piece, that guy understands winning

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Not a good look, sure. But you don't continue to roll with a bad coach. Nobody actually thought AP was going to be good anyway and interims are almost always one and done so it won't be much of a shock if/when it happens. 

The big question is;

Would you prefer AP and Telesco or Gruden with complete control, that’s likely the options we have here, right?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The big question is;

Would you prefer AP and Telesco or Gruden with complete control, that’s likely the options we have here, right?

Ouch, that’s a nasty “would you rather…?”

I’d really not like to do the Gruden thing ever again, but I think he’s a much better HC than Pierce and we would eventually be a more competitive team in the long term, even with his questionable roster construction methods. It’s like picking how you want to die, though, and ideally neither of these options are ultimately the long term look for our franchise.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Ouch, that’s a nasty “would you rather…?”

I’d really not like to do the Gruden thing ever again, but I think he’s a much better HC than Pierce and we would eventually be a more competitive team in the long term, even with his questionable roster construction methods. It’s like picking how you want to die, though, and ideally neither of these options are ultimately the long term look for our franchise.

We should just buy Harbaugh out of his Chargers contract and go with him. We’d have a great coach plus also that would be a massive humiliation to them 😁