Draft Thread (Giants have picks #6,47,70)

Acgott

57 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I couldn’t find his 2022 mock, but he was right last year with Banks.

2022 he had Sauce and Neal, but Thibs was gone at 4 in the simulator he used. He said the Giants liked Thibs as well. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

If you want the best prediction for who the Giants will pick, wait until Art Stapleton drops his final prediction. He's been dead on for like the last 5 years.

So when does that occur?

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

Oh? Why is that, being I don’t study the prospects at all.

I like how explosiveness Nabers is. He's got a jetpack strapped to his back. He's an outside, #1 receiver that can break the big play at any time. Where MHJr lacks is with the ball in his hands, which is something I value a lot personally.

19 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

So when does that occur?

His latest dropped yesterday (paywalled), so his final one will be next week.

he uses a simulator so added chaos there, but Giants traded down to 7 and got Maye.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/giants/2024/04/15/ny-giants-mock-draft-2024-our-latest-picks-predictions-nfl-draft/73299998007/

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

His latest dropped yesterday (paywalled), so his final one will be next week.

he uses a simulator so added chaos there, but Giants traded down to 7 and got Maye.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nfl/giants/2024/04/15/ny-giants-mock-draft-2024-our-latest-picks-predictions-nfl-draft/73299998007/

aargh. he didn't say what happened after the Giants and TENN made their picks at 6 and 7. lol

On 4/14/2024 at 5:44 PM, Acgott said:

If you are sure he be our QB for the next decade, why shouldn’t we trade up for him?

This is my take as well. There are lots of other positions where we need help, but taking the right quarterback elevates the entire team. I think either McCarthy or Maye could be that quarterback.

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 1

I'm starting to firmly believe that Maye is going to be the pick at 3rd overall. Now, whether it is the Patriots taking him there or us, I'm not sure. But the rumor pendulum is starting to swing back to "Giants moving up for Maye". You'll notice all the JJ talk the last 2 weeks or so mention the Broncos and Vikings as teams willing to trade up for JJ, but they never mention the Giants in those same conversations. I think that is on purpose.

But even more than that, I am positive that the Giants backup plan if they can't get THE QB they want is to stand pat at 6 and take Nabers or Odunze. I don't think they are moving up for just "a" QB. They'll move up for their guy, but otherwise, they will take a WR. Along with that, the rumblings of the Giants moving back up from 47 into the late first or early 2nd for Nix or Penix if they take a WR at 6 are loud and impossible to ignore. Ryan Dunleavy has been on that train for months now, and it is picking up steam elsewhere now as well, with Dan Duggan noting that it is something to watch out for.

Call me crazy, but if we are taking a WR at 6 and Penix is very firmly in play later, I'm taking Odunze even if Nabers is available. I'm a sucker for pairing college QBs up with the WRs they played with. Even though I like Nabers more, the chemistry Odunze and Penix had was undeniable and would translate to the next level.

• Like 2

I don't really care what combination it is any of those WR's paired with Penix would be awesome. And I really don't care how much equity it takes to make it happen (within reason). A true #1 and a big arm big play guy like Penix instantly makes this offense viable and is the quickest road for us to be back in contention. I really hope that is their plan but I doubt Penix falls far enough to make it happen. If he gets passed over by Minny, Den, LV, and Seattle... maybe but I find that unlikely. 

Watch though... all this talk about Nabers, JJ, Maye etc and they go and take Joe Alt 😑

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

I don't really care what combination it is any of those WR's paired with Penix would be awesome. And I really don't care how much equity it takes to make it happen (within reason). A true #1 and a big arm big play guy like Penix instantly makes this offense viable and is the quickest road for us to be back in contention. I really hope that is their plan but I doubt Penix falls far enough to make it happen. If he gets passed over by Minny, Den, LV, and Seattle... maybe but I find that unlikely. 

Watch though... all this talk about Nabers, JJ, Maye etc and they go and take Joe Alt 😑

There's no way. Schoen is super bullish on Evan Neal. Drafting Alt would be admitting Neal is a lost cause.

How mad would we collectively be though if that happened? Man, lol

16 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I'm starting to firmly believe that Maye is going to be the pick at 3rd overall. 

i think Maye is going 2nd to WASH. i think WASH prefers Daniels, because he can start sooner, but his agent is making some noise that Daniels doesn't want to play in WASH.

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i think Maye is going 2nd to WASH. i think WASH prefers Daniels, because he can start sooner, but his agent is making some noise that Daniels doesn't want to play in WASH.

I don't think Daniels's agent is going to scare Washington away this late in the process. I'm pretty certain of Williams/Daniels at 1/2 at this point.

The draft gets interesting at 3. Pats could easily take Maye, or they could trade the pick to the Vikings or Giants to select Maye (or even JJ). Then at 4, I'd have to imagine that pick is whichever QB is left by whoever bids the highest to the Cardinals.

Gun to my head right now, I think the Pats stay put at 3 and take Maye, Vikings trade up to 4 for JJ, MHJr goes 5th overall either to the Chargers or a team trading up, and my Giants pick their favorite WR not named MHJr at 6. If the Pats want to move out of 3 and Maye is available, I don't see the Giants getting outbid by anyone for Maye.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I don't think Daniels's agent is going to scare Washington away this late in the process. I'm pretty certain of Williams/Daniels at 1/2 at this point.

The draft gets interesting at 3. Pats could easily take Maye, or they could trade the pick to the Vikings or Giants to select Maye (or even JJ). Then at 4, I'd have to imagine that pick is whichever QB is left by whoever bids the highest to the Cardinals.

Gun to my head right now, I think the Pats stay put at 3 and take Maye, Vikings trade up to 4 for JJ, MHJr goes 5th overall either to the Chargers or a team trading up, and my Giants pick their favorite WR not named MHJr at 6. If the Pats want to move out of 3 and Maye is available, I don't see the Giants getting outbid by anyone for Maye.

eh. i'll guess AZ stays put at 4, and the action happens with the Chargers at 5.

who knows though...?

Just now, vike daddy said:

eh. i'll guess AZ stays put at 4, and the action happens with the Chargers at 5.

who knows though...?

Rumors SWIRLING right now that QBs will go 1-4 this year. GMs set their boards this week, and calls started just about yesterday. This is information from GMs in interviews. QBs are going 1-4, that's almost confirmed. So someone is trading to 4 for JJ/Maye, whoever that 4th guy available is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Rumors SWIRLING right now that QBs will go 1-4 this year. 

and that could very well be the outcome, but it also could be misinformation purposely getting out so to make the QB-needy teams at 6, and 11-13 sharpen their knives against each other to trade up. therefor setting the trade price higher.

i'll stand by my previous statement - who knows though...? lol