Coach of the year

Steelersfan43

22 hours ago, Soggust said:

lol can't believe I missed this. 

I don't remember who was making the case specifically on here (national media/reddit were), so please don't take this as directed at you WHATSOEVER, but I remember going out on a hot take earlier this year that this dude shouldn't be on the hot seat and I certainly felt like I was in the minority. 

Now, he's a coty mention in the thread. It's just funny how the universe always seems to come around.

Yeah, there were a handful of Bllls fans on this forum who wanted to get rid of McDermott just a month or two ago.

20 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

I didn't know this but apparently the Browns were the 2nd most penalized team in the NFL and committed the most turnovers - that doesn't bode well for Kevin's chances

I doubt that voters look that deep into it.

Everyone knows the QB situation has been a mess. That's one of the reasons he's a candidate. 

What doesn't bode well for stefanski is Ryans

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm genuinely curious what Matt LaFleur needs to do in order to get in the CotY conversation.  Like for a long time it's been relative to expectations, and I get that, but it's not like his team this year wasn't expected to finish in the basement of the division.

Pfft, anyone could get to the playoffs with. Aaron Ro... oh, wait. 

Theres always an element of narrative so I reckon Ryan's gets it (and I would probably give it to him by a shade), but I don't see a solid argument against MLF being outside the top three.

Youngest team to make the playoffs in 50 years, second youngest team in the league in 30 years (youngest was the 0-16 Hue Jackson Browns). Massive amount of cap unavailable from the Rodgers trade. The team was hoping to lean in Aaron Jones but he was out/banged up from about weeks 2-15, while HOF calibre LT Bakhtiari played one single game, star CB Jaire Alexander missed half the year, star EDGE Rashan Gary was on snap count for half the year, and our best DB (Rasul Douglas) over the season got traded mid year, on top of a plethora of shorter term injuries pretty much all over. If I recall they spent stretches playing with about 30% of their cap unavailable from injuries/trades. 

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I'm genuinely curious what Matt LaFleur needs to do in order to get in the CotY conversation.  Like for a long time it's been relative to expectations, and I get that, but it's not like his team this year wasn't expected to finish in the basement of the division.

He can't do anything. I'd be floored if Ryans didn't lock it up with the win against Indy. I think lafleur will get votes and finish top 5 though

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The cool part is that next year he can't win it either because Jordan Love is too good now.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I banged the drum for most of the year that Stefanski was going to possibly win it....then I thought Ryans stole it at the end. 

Turns out, he didn't. 

WOW - that’s pretty crazy. Demeco should have won IMO