Week 10: VIKINGS (5-4) vs. Saints (5-4)

swede700

On 11/11/2023 at 6:50 AM, HEYPAUL! said:

Thank you for at least admitting you made an incorrect assumptions. Noting that Atlanta was top 10 on yards allowed was to show that they weren’t a pushover.

you made some connection about them being a too 10 defense. It’s not my job to help you not make that assumption before you state an argument.

I do not think the Saints have a far superior defense than the falcons. They haven’t played a single good offensive team.

I’ll check back in after the game and we can review this amazing defense that they have. All I have to say is Hock is going to have a stellar game. We will have our best statistical rush game as well.

Just like I thought, one score game, Hock lights it up. Decent rush game. Dobbs throws a clean game against Super Bowl caliber Defense ;)

• Like 1

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

It is unreal to win with your third QB, the best WR in the game and your other starter at the beginning of the year, and your top two RB out..... Not thrilled with the second half, but still, in perspective, it's hard to believe

4th QB!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

It is unreal to win with your third QB, the best WR in the game and your other starter at the beginning of the year, and your top two RB out..... Not thrilled with the second half, but still, in perspective, it's hard to believe

yup. at first you tell yourself, anything we can accomplish the rest of the year is fine.

then you start asking yourself HOW MUCH can we...?

New Orleans Saints quarterback Derek Carr suffered a right shoulder injury and was evaluated for a concussion during Sunday's 27-19 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.

Head coach Dennis Allen clarified following the game that Carr exited due to a concussion, but Allen did not elaborate more. He added that Carr will be the starter for the team going forwarded despite backup Jameis Winston igniting the downtrodden offense in relief.

Carr appeared to be injured in the third quarter after sustaining a hit by Vikings pass rusher Danielle Hunter just before completing a pass to Chris Olave. Carr walked off the field and then went to the locker room on a cart before he was ruled out of the game.

New Orleans was down 27-3 at the time of Carr's exit. He left having completed 13 of 18 passes for 110 yards.

https://www.nfl.com/news/saints-qb-derek-carr-right-shoulder-concussion-ruled-out-vs-vikings

The biggest difference between the first and second half, from what I saw is that they kept Josh Dobbs in the pocket. That makes a lot of sense, because he has only been with the team for a handful of days. At this point, if he has to rely on his arm to win, it could be problematic. But the more comfortable, he gets, the less of an issue that should be.

• Like 5

Hockenson became the first NFL tight end since at least 1970 to record 10 catches, at least 125 receiving yards and a touchdown in a single half of a game. He also joined Dallas Clark, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten and Zach Ertz as the only tight ends with 10 catches in a half since 2000.

Hockenson finished with 11 receptions for 134 yards—the fourth game of his career with at least 100 receiving yards.

https://www.vikings.com/news/dobbs-quick-start-defense-key-5th-straight-win

• Like 2

Ryan Wright had a solid game, averaging 43.0 yards per punt on six kicks. He had a long of 50, placed three inside the 20 and worked with the coverage team to force four fair catches.

Dynamic return threat Rashid Shaheed was limited to 22 yards on two punt returns.

https://www.vikings.com/news/dobbs-quick-start-defense-key-5th-straight-win

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

can this be translated for old men who don't understand you yutes and your ways...?

Creed the band was popular in the early 00s, with Higher being their most famous song. Kirk has been a huge fan - I think he said he wanted to have a private concert in his backyard one offseason. They started playing it in the locker room before games and have been winning since.

while I was in NOLA I was loading up the TouchTunes at the bars with creed songs and had the whole bar singing at the top of their lungs. And the bartenders hating me 😂 we bought tickets to see them in Chicago next summer. 

it’s just a fun silly thing that seems to be a part of the culture building that Risner was talking about.

• Like 2