2024 Offseason Thread: Dodgers Betting Big On Ohtani

hrubes20

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Why?

Because we don’t need to be spending what little money we have on pitching. We’re going to have a top 5 pitching staff with or without Blake Snell. (Barring injuries) We need offense. Use the money on that. Unless he’s coming at a major discount because he wants to be here. 

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Because we don’t need to be spending what little money we have on pitching. We’re going to have a top 5 pitching staff with or without Blake Snell. (Barring injuries) We need offense. Use the money on that. Unless he’s coming at a major discount because he wants to be here. 

Hmmmm...okay. Didnt realize you're a SF fan....but thanks for the insights in that I dont keep up with them a whole lot....to the degree that I didnt realize your rotation is pretty much set. Okay....well, maybe it's not a Snell related move.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Hmmmm...okay. Didnt realize you're a SF fan....but thanks for the insights in that I dont keep up with them a whole lot....to the degree that I didnt realize your rotation is pretty much set. Okay....well, maybe it's not a Snell related move.

I’m a Mariners fan. Lol. 

No one is even clearing salary in this trade. The Giants sent over money to make it even on that side. 

Edited by Mesa_Titan

3 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I’m a Mariners fan. Lol. 

No one is even clearing salary in this trade. The Giants sent over money to make it even on that side. 

Ha! Okay....so cancel out that message :)

Well then....you bastards stole the pitcher I wanted: Castillo!

Edited by Leader

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Still a whole lot of we dont know.  But I would wager that he never plays again in the US.  

If either of these (2) seperate cases/allegations turn out to be true, he's never going to set foot in the US again and most likely any country that has organized baseball outside of the DR. He's having his visa revoked permanently on grounds that he's a threat to public safety.

Edited by kgarrett12486

16 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Imanaga to the Cubs. Cant say I like a flyball pitcher going to the cubs 

And it's for relative beans as well.  We don't have all the reports yet, but it's supposedly a base deal of 2/30 to 4/60.  His medicals must be terrible.  

As for the flyball stuff, it will play terrifically in March-early June when the wind howls in.  Wrigley doesn't get the wind blowing out until later on.  His pitch usage in Japan was extremely fastball-heavy and he attacked up in the zone.  Pretty easy to see where the tweaks need to be made.