UPDATED: 2024 Off-season Thread. Front Office/Coaching News, Free agents etc.

Trentwannabe

Needed the salary and roster reset but man this is where having a couple "fine" drafts kills you, because we don't really have any internal replacements to cycle these guys out. Next year might be a little rough, but the team needed the reset. Morse is the only one that's a bit of a surprise, but it's just time. Reset, draft better, make better FA moves.

57 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Needed the salary and roster reset but man this is where having a couple "fine" drafts kills you, because we don't really have any internal replacements to cycle these guys out. Next year might be a little rough, but the team needed the reset. Morse is the only one that's a bit of a surprise, but it's just time. Reset, draft better, make better FA moves.

Be nice to get a Day 1 FS to start with Rapp.. And a WR2 to compliment Diggs and Shakir. If we can draft us two day 1 starters this draft we'd be in good shape

I still think we'll address Edge in FA and resigning DaQuan Jones at DT would make sense

Youd have to believe guys like Jordan Phillips might Chase titles as well being cheap depth.

14 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Do we have a resident captologist in the house ?

After the slew of moves, where we at?

I'm hopeful we extend Rasul Douglas multiyear lowering his 2024 hit by a few million 

Spotrac has it at -7 mil after the Trubisky signing. A Josh Allen manoeuvre will free up 22 mil in space 

4 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We're 7 under ? That's crazy 

Started yesterday about 40-41 over. With White being Post June and re-signing some guys it left work to be done.

According to Sal the Allen restructure/base salary is a foregone conclusion. Just not announced yet.

21 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I do not wanna trade any of these picks. We need 11 bites at the apple this year. 

Ehh.. Looking at our top needs as we stand. Pretty clear they be WR, S, Edge rusher.

With the amount of 2nd / 3rd round graded WR and Safeties.. We should be entertaining a potential trade back. If we can move back into early (top 5) of second round while picking up a 3rd round pick. I'd jump on that 

With two 2's and two 3's we could draft WR, S, WR, Edge and get value at WR and Safety spots 

On 3/9/2024 at 6:09 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

Ehh.. Looking at our top needs as we stand. Pretty clear they be WR, S, Edge rusher.

With the amount of 2nd / 3rd round graded WR and Safeties.. We should be entertaining a potential trade back. If we can move back into early (top 5) of second round while picking up a 3rd round pick. I'd jump on that 

With two 2's and two 3's we could draft WR, S, WR, Edge and get value at WR and Safety spots 

Bill Belichick tricked everybody into thinking late first trade backs work. They really don't. 

Wth I thought we were going to be getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Edmunds. Looks like it's going to be a 4th instead. Thats a big jump. Having no 3rd currently really kinda sucks.

• Round 1: No. 28 overall
  • Round 2: No. 60
  • Round 4: Nos. 127, 133
  • Round 5: Nos. 143* (from Bears), 159 (from Packers), 162
  • Round 6: Nos. 188 (from Broncos through Rams), 199 (from Cowboys through Texans), 203
  • Round 7: No. 248
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DER10N92 said:

Wth I thought we were going to be getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for losing Edmunds. Looks like it's going to be a 4th instead. Thats a big jump. Having no 3rd currently really kinda sucks.

49ers and Bills were both expected to get 3rd round compensatory but didn't. No real explanation has been given.