2023 GDT Week #10 Steelers 5-3 host the 3-5 Packers

Steeler Hitman

steelers-packers-1609789596.jpg?crop=1xw

Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 1:00 pm Acrisure Stadium Pittsburgh, PA

Last meeting won by Green Bay at Lambeau Field 27-17 10/2021

All Time Series Packers lead 20-16 including SB win (Packers are 7-8 in Pittsburgh all time). Packers have scored 27 points or more in the last five meetings!😯😮😲

kenny-pickett-on-george-pickens-hes-a-gu

The Steelers' offense will look to start fast and score early and often.  Getting Pickens involved early and often would help.

jordan-love.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Jordan Love and the Packers will look to put pressure on the Steelers' defense as the Jaguars and Titans did the past two weeks.

1331161815-1.jpeg

Jones and Dillon will try to carve holes in an inconsistent, but improving Steelers run defense.

1451859243.0.jpg

Ogunjobi has been a consistent force on the DL. With Cam Heyward returning and Keenu Benton getting increased reps the DL is improving.

wp10430741.jpg

Najee and Jalen will look to help jumpstart the offense and help Kenny Pickett get into the groove

usatsi_19373888_168388034_lowres.jpg

Steelers offense finds its "groove" and the defense makes enough necessary plays.  Defense has been under some attack the past two weeks with efficient passing and timely running. Winning on third downs on both sides will be a key.

maxresdefault.jpg

Steelers are desperately seeking offense. The offense scored early, but the defense let the Titans control the ball and flow of the game. If they can change that on Sunday, the Steelers can win. 

Prediction 26-17 Steelers over Packers

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Complete Thread

21 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Love looked awful vs the Rams last week.

better look  awfuller this week

rams signed carson wince 

btw, thanks SH for the gameday threads.  Hotties or not  we winning 

Edited by 3rivers

I would encourage Kenny to watch that Houston/ Tampa Bay game and see some of the things CJ is doing and seeing. My comparison for CJ before the draft was actually Kenny Pickett tbh. Realizing that Stroud does have a lot more whip than Kenny but similar body styles, somewhat similar movement ability and both look to pass primarily but have the ability to run and escape if needed. Just for Kenny to get ideas and perspective.

One caveat though, even though Stroud does get the ball out pretty quickly, amazingly he tends to have much cleaner pockets than Kenny ever sees. Somehow their interior play is soooo much better than ours on a consistent basis from everything I get to see. We almost never see that type of clean. 

I would put Guard much higher on your draft boards than you probably have and we all realize center could be improved. Im less concerned about the pressure that comes from the edges as I am from that (almost immediate at times) garbage that comes right up the middle. Hopefully this crew continues to get better but as far as outright talent all 3 interior positions could be improved upon with at least one blue blood type prospect. 

Ive recently seen Washington Huskies  Left Tackle Troy Fautanu suggested as a possible interior candidate at both guard and center. I can very much see it with his hands and reaction/mirror ability, but he hasn't played center. He appears to be very athletic. I'd keep an eye on this idea cause Im not sold on the other Center prospects being any kind of long term desirable solution. I do still see things in Beau Limmer of Arkansas, it is especially encouraging that he is as powerful as he is, but not nearly as free moving as Fautanu.  

Edited by JustPlainNasty

Tbh, I don't even remember seeing Rush play. But that isn't a direct indictment to suggest he played poorly or played well.

As far as this game is concerned, if we can start fast, big if, this could be the first game this season we score over 30. But I do not expect that at all. This could be a game where we make Love look like Joe Montana.

7 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

Tbh, I don't even remember seeing Rush play. But that isn't a direct indictment to suggest he played poorly or played well.

As far as this game is concerned, if we can start fast, big if, this could be the first game this season we score over 30. But I do not expect that at all. This could be a game where we make Love look like Joe Montana.

I expect a win somehow, just not sure how to choose  the how part . GB's run defence is just a bit better than ours FWIW and we should get the run game going as a result.  It's nice though, that tomlin took a stance against a vet  such as chuks and is starting Jones in his place.  I expect the GB front isn't as good as the Titans front so lets see how this goes.

BG pass defence and pass rush is good, so that will be a nice test for the canada led offence o.O

As for Rush, I remember him dropping the INT, but not much else.  See how this game goes for the secondary, I don't see GB as a major threat but we have been known to let lesser teams win in the past