Grand Theft Auto 6 (Trailer Confirmed for December)

iknowcool

11 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I don't share the overhype concerns, GTA as an IP is never really going to 'fail'. It's an experience more than a game.

As far as the social or political stances of the game, I don't think it matters. The game has always existed as a parody of American people, cities, trends, culture, etc. It depicts stereotypes or over the top versions of people from all walks of life and highlights the criminal lifestyle in cartoony way. So for all the unnecessary debate over a video game trailer, I don't think it's really possible for a GTA game to be 'WOKE'. Depicting ethnic minorities and the poor as degenerate, criminal, or immoral caricatures is certainly not 'WOKE' and that's at the core of the brand- even the self pro claimed 'WOKE' people who play the game want and expect those elements.  

I don't have concerns either.  The debate is just from the two chronically online extremes.  The game looks like what it has always been, to me.  Some people are complaining it will be too 'WOKE' while the other side is complaining about all the 'isms depicted in the trailer.  It's controversy in the form that Rockstar would want. GTA is like the South Park of videogames.  Everyone gets overdramatized and busted on.  It's a core element of the game.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

The debate is just from the two chronically online extremes.  It looks like what it has always been, to me.  Some people are complaining it will be too 'WOKE' while the other side is complaining about all the 'isms depicted in the trailer.

Bingo. The sad part is by constantly searching for stuff to rail against both groups just make their own world uglier and pollute discourse unnecessarily. 

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

It's controversy in the form that Rockstar would want.

Yea, essentially every GTA title release has been followed by controversy. Rockstar has had special interest groups, activists, religious organizations, etc after them for decades at this point. They don't care and are simply salivating at potentially having the most anticipated release of all time with GTA 6. This thing is going to hit like a nuclear bomb. Beyond normal interest in the game, you have millions of kids who are going to try and make it as a content creator with GTA 6 RP because they watched their favorite streamer do it. 😅

• Like 2