Grand Theft Auto 6 (Trailer Confirmed for December)

iknowcool

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The thing to worry about is that it will likely be a PS exclusive for the first year. It didn't come to PC until a year after launch for GTA5. So unless they change their formula, this is actually a 2026 release for most gamers.

Additional thoughts: Why do a trailer 2 years before launch, that's excessive. I'm afraid this game is going to be a let down, not because of the game itself but because of the massive amount of hype it has which is impossible to live up to. GTA6 also better be absolutely flawless at launch with not a single glitch. 12 years to make a single game?? They better bring it and spend all of 2024 play testing this game.

I'm not worried about it being a let down.  Maybe I'm giving Rockstar too much credit, but RDR2 was absolutely incredible and that was 8 years after the original.  And they've just never missed.  Maybe they have had GTAs that weren't as good as the previous ones, but it has never been bad.  I just can't see this game missing the mark.

32 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I'm not worried about it being a let down.  Maybe I'm giving Rockstar too much credit, but RDR2 was absolutely incredible and that was 8 years after the original.  And they've just never missed.  Maybe they have had GTAs that weren't as good as the previous ones, but it has never been bad.  I just can't see this game missing the mark.

As I said before, I dont see it being a letdown from a gameplay perspective, but I could see it being a letdown from a narrative and storytelling perspective.   Hopefully thats not the case, but in the end, if the game is fun, its going to fly off shelves (figuratively speaking).

Edited by 43M

13 hours ago, iknowcool said:

The problem is peoples perception. GTA6 is like LeBron James in highschool. Anything short of it being one of the greatest video games ever made will be considered a let down. Cyperpunk had hype, Elden Ring had hype, but GTA6 is on a different planet than anything I can remember in terms of anticipation for a game.

Like @43M said, whats going to be a letdown if there is one will be the story but GTA is GTA. People can dump a million hours into the game just freelancing around the open world doing whatever they want so the games floor is extremely high.

16 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Took a trip around the web, after your comment, and the back and forth is better than the trailer itself.   The best I've seen since Hogwarts.  

I haven't seen a ton of it yet other than scrolling on Reddit. But yeah. Wow lol. Some crazy *** stuff going both ways. Even Musk was getting in on it lol 

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

The problem is peoples perception. GTA6 is like LeBron James in highschool. Anything short of it being one of the greatest video games ever made will be considered a let down. Cyperpunk had hype, Elden Ring had hype, but GTA6 is on a different planet than anything I can remember in terms of anticipation for a game.

Like @43M said, whats going to be a letdown if there is one will be the story but GTA is GTA. People can dump a million hours into the game just freelancing around the open world doing whatever they want so the games floor is extremely high.

Honestly, I don't think any GTA story has ever blown me away personally. Maybe I'm just weird, but IMO most people don't need a 10/10 single player story, just a good 8/10 one. I think the world being big, open, feeling lively, detailed/beautiful and having things to do is way more important. If those boxes aren't checked, then people will be upset.

I'm also curious how hard micro-transactions will be pushed at release. If the game comes out and there's already tons of content that's made intentionally exceedingly hard without paying money for, people will also be upset as well.

Usually games with any “hype” get destroyed with User Ratings these days. Only RE and Spiderman 2 ended up with great user ratings after a lot of hype. I think this will be a 10/10 game, and possibly game of our generation. Although some will expect a 15/10 game and be disappointed no matter what and score the game 3/10. Don’t be that guy. Get hyped, but not too hyped. Don’t center your life researching GTA stuff. Forget it about it until release. 

22 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I haven’t played a video game in like a year. But I’m gonna play the hell out of this once it comes out. 

Same. I don’t play video games the past 15 years since I was a big gamer in my youth years age 5-19. 34 now. I would have a console just to play Madden because I love football, but I no longer care with how bad Madden is. 

This though? This game everyone will play. Even gamers that have been retired for years. Kids, older folk, woman, non-gamers… everyone will play GTAVI. It’s iconic. And I expect this to receive more hype than GTAV. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Cinematic trailer looks amazing. Can’t wait for gameplay. 

2025 though? Damn. Probably April 2025 is my guess. I was hoping for a October/November 2024 release.

Yeah, TakeTwo (parent company of Rockstar) announced to their shareholders this year that FY2025 (April 2025) they expected massive profits because of a game release.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Additional thoughts: Why do a trailer 2 years before launch, that's excessive. I'm afraid this game is going to be a let down, not because of the game itself but because of the massive amount of hype it has which is impossible to live up to. GTA6 also better be absolutely flawless at launch with not a single glitch. 12 years to make a single game?? They better bring it and spend all of 2024 play testing this game.

I think it'll be amazing and live up to the hype, I'm so glad it will harness the power of next gen console's exclusively. RDR2 was amazing and so was GTAV, two of the greatest games ever made. They've had a decade to work on it with the most powerful console they've ever had access too with a $2 Billion dollar budget.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, August4th said:

imagine what a NFL game from rockstar would be like if they spent 5 years making it. We'd never have to make a wishlist again lol

Imagine if the NFL would actually ALLOW that....

As much as I loathe EA, the NFL is every bit as responsible for where Madden and videogame football in general is.    Their greed and list of demands regarding what can and can't be in the game is a big reason why we are where we are.

I know your comment was mostly a wild hypothetical scenario, but there is a bigger obstacle to overcome than just EA.   The NFL would never ever allow a 5 year gap in development.   The whole reason the exclusive deal is a thing is because the NFL was angry 2KSports sold 2K5 for only $20 and pretty much exposed the exploitative practices of yearly release sports titles.

I still feel like a non NFL football game coukd PUSH Madden IF DONE RIGHT.   Would never outright beat them, but coukd scare them and the NFL to improve.

The better hypothetical is...imagine if Rockstar made a Blitz The League type football game with a great story and in depth franchise mode?    Id pay $100+ for that.