Grand Theft Auto 6 (Trailer Confirmed for December)

iknowcool

Googled this twice a year the past ten years. There was a huge leak a couple years ago. They have been working on this game since 2013….. nuts. Absolutely will shatter any video game record including GTA5. I’m not a video game person since I was a teenager (34 now) except for Madden every 3-4 years and GTA every ten years. Day One Purchase. 

• Like 2

And here... we...go

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/4kok877a13aa32/a-message-from-rockstar-games

Next month marks the 25th anniversary of Rockstar Games.

Thanks to the incredible support of our players worldwide, we have had the opportunity to create games we are truly passionate about — without you, none of this would be possible, and we are so grateful to all of you for sharing this journey with us.

In 1998, Rockstar Games was founded on the idea that video games could come to be as essential to culture as any other form of entertainment, and we hope that we have created games you love in our efforts to be part of that evolution.

We are very excited to let you know that in early December, we will release the first trailer for the next Grand Theft Auto.

We look forward to many more years of sharing these experiences with all of you.

Thank you,

Sam Houser

Fall 2024 or Spring 2025 release seem likely.  Let's just hope that with all the time they have had, we won't get hit with last-minute delays.  RDR 2 and GTA V both got delayed multiple times, but those games came 8 years and 5 years after their predecessor.  

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Not gonna lie....Im worried about this.   Just dont have faith in top studios anymore, and certain leaks have me concerned.

Guess we'll see.

Just better hope they get the single player gameplay right on release because you know damn well all post release support and added content will focus exclusively on multiplayer to milk all the money they can out of it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, August4th said:

I'm hyped. wish they were doing a different city tho

Same. Miami is kind of boring. I'd prefer the entire Bay Area, or possibly Chicago. But the fun part of Miami is we'll get some boat action. Vegas would be fun as a secondary city in a game as well. 

23 hours ago, 43M said:

Not gonna lie....Im worried about this.   Just dont have faith in top studios anymore, and certain leaks have me concerned.

Guess we'll see.

Anything in particular you are worried about?

Maybe I have too much faith in Rockstar but I just can't see this being a bust.  Maybe if the story leans even more into trying to be funny like GTA V was.  I'd like a more grounded story that just so happens to be funny at times ala everything before V.  But even then... I feel like if there is any studio and game where I know I'll get my moneys worth, it is Rockstar and GTA. 

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Maybe I have too much faith in Rockstar but I just can't see this being a bust.  Maybe if the story leans even more into trying to be funny like GTA V was.  I'd like a more grounded story that just so happens to be funny at times ala everything before V.  But even then... I feel like if there is any studio and game where I know I'll get my moneys worth, it is Rockstar and GTA. 

I think everything involving the gameplay will be on point, but they said some stuff about toning down certain vulgar stuff from previous games, and that really concerns me.    Not saying I need a game, even GTA, to be overly vulgar, but being unapologetically offensive is a big part of what makes GTA....GTA.    As long as they arent sacrificing good storytelling, I dont care...but I worry the storytelling and dialogue could go in the direction of the Saints Row reboot.   Maybe not to that extent, but even halfway there would be very bad.

Beyond that, just the direction we've seen major studios go with massive letdowns, including Rockstar...lets not forget the halfassed GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition and them shamelessly milking GTA 5 online whilst ignoring the single player offline stories.

I trust Rockstar to at least be good....but I think they've shown worrisome tendencies.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I had faith in Watchdogs Legion and Saints Row...

Both disasters. Saints Row to the point of extinction.

After RDR2, I have more faith in Rockstar to pull off something good in comparison. But Im not expecting rich tales the likes of Niko, Luis or Author out of Rockstar anymore.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 10:03 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Going to be my first GTA game I've played since 2. Looking forward to it!

Where have you been? The PS2 collection are all GOAT's. I'd personally rank them:

5) GTA II

4) GTA 5

3) GTA III

2) GTA Vice City

1) GTA San Andreas

Hoping GTA 6 can be #1.

• Like 1