Week 10 Thread: (4-5) Commanders at (5-3) Seachickens, 4:30 ET on FOX / GIF THEME: Kardashians (let's suffer together)

MikeT14

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Josh Harris didn’t spend $6B to continue employing mediocrity. He doesn’t accept it with his other franchises and he won’t accept it here. Rivera’s days were numbered the moment he bought the team. Had he purchased this team in November of last year we’d have a new staff already. It was just too far into the off-season for him to do anything about Rivera. 

Then fire him now and see what you have in EB. Because he should have seen enough from Ron by now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, as much as I want Ron gone, I can understand Harris not wanting to look like Snyder and fire a coach midseason.

I agree also but I would want us to have first shot at a GM and then hiring that coach. Like the draft you want 1st pick.

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, as much as I want Ron gone, I can understand Harris not wanting to look like Snyder and fire a coach midseason.

But the reasoning to move on from Rivera is 2 fold:

1. To evaluate Bieniemy for the job

2. To get a new GM in house who can start working on scouting for next season and build up his team for all of those jobs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

2. To get a new GM in house who can start working on scouting for next season and build up his team for all of those jobs.

#2 doesn't mean he has to fire Rivera. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I have been on team #FireRonRivera for quite a while now. I do want EB to get a shot being the guy, but that is not even a consideration for why Ron has to go. 

I also think part 2 is probably why Ron won't be fired until seasons end, the best candidates are already employed and unlikely to bail in Week 11 of the regular season with 7 weeks left. 

• Like 1