Playoffs   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Jim Mora
    • mike post-loss
    • the drive; the fumble
    • northcutt with the drop
    • not part of the script

Typically a thread like this would be totally unnecessary in a Browns forum. As it stands though, the Browns would be in the playoffs if the season ended today. They are very much in the race to win the division as well. 

AFCN:

Ravens 7-3

Steelers 6-3

Browns 6-3

Bengals 5-4

Within the division, the Browns are currently 2-2 and have the Bengals and Steelers once more each on the docket. At least getting the split with a Pittsburgh next week would be huge. The Ravens play ‘nati on Thursday night. Would love to see the Ravens go down and us at the top of the division by 430 on Sunday. If the Ravens win, I will bask in Cincinnati being considerably behind the race however. 

Wildcard:

With the four division leaders currently occupying spots 1-4 in the playoff picture, the Browns would be spot #6 today behind Pittsburgh and ahead of Houston. 

In the race:

Pittsburgh 6-3

Browns 6-3

Texans 5-4

Cinci 5-4

Bills 5-4

Raiders 5-5

Colts 5-5

Chargers 4-5

Jets 4-5

Remaining Schedule:

Steelers

@ Denver 

@ Rams

Jaguars

Bears

@ Texans

Jets

@ Bengals 

Include overly positive or negative thoughts concerning our quest for the playoffs in this thread.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

For the record, I don’t really think those four teams at the bottom really stay in the race. I have watched the Jets, Raiders, Colts, and Chargers play. Definitely at least don’t see the Jets and Raiders making a run.

The Jets defense is legit, I’ll give them that.  It’ll keep them in a lot of games.  Raiders feel like a team riding some emotions but will falter down the stretch.

At Denver 

At Rams

These are “layup games” you have to win even on the road.

Home vs JAX

This is a game against a good but overrated opponent that really has little pass rush

Home vs Chicago

Absolute layup

Realistically after this 4 game stretch they have zero excuses to not win 3 of them. All 4 would be great.

At the Texans and Home vs the Jets. Stroud is absolutely legit and the Jets are elite on defense. We need to confuse the rookie quarterback and just not turn it over to beat the J E T S. Need to win at least 1 of these.

AT CINCI

Potentially massive implications here, we have their number but if they “need it more than us” I don’t know. Coin flip game probably.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The Jets defense is legit, I’ll give them that.  It’ll keep them in a lot of games.  Raiders feel like a team riding some emotions but will falter down the stretch.

If this team loses out on a playoff spot to Aidan O’Connell and Zach Wilson, LOL. Same goes for Kenny Pickett, he can’t continue this magic beans run. Law of averages and whatnot.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, they have a great defense. If ARod was healthy they’d be right there in the division with Miami. I have a hard time seeing Zach Wilson and O’Connell getting it done. If they can beat the bills next week though on the road, who knows, they can make a move I guess. They get the Dolphins the week after. I see them losing both of those. The Raiders next three games are the Dolphins, Chiefs, Vikings. I think Joe Burrow in the Bengals, Josh Allen and the bills, and the Texans are the wildcard contenders here. Will be fun to see it all play out as long as we are on the positive side of things.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At Denver 

At Rams

These are “layup games” you have to win even on the road.

Home vs JAX

This is a game against a good but overrated opponent that really has little pass rush

Home vs Chicago

Absolute layup

Realistically after this 4 game stretch they have zero excuses to not win 3 of them. All 4 would be great.

At the Texans and Home vs the Jets. Stroud is absolutely legit and the Jets are elite on defense. We need to confuse the rookie quarterback and just not turn it over to beat the J E T S. Need to win at least 1 of these.

AT CINCI

Potentially massive implications here, we have their number but if they “need it more than us” I don’t know. Coin flip game probably.

5-3 would be fine, 6-2 would be nice.

They need to win on Sunday. Losing to Pittsburgh again goofs up a lot for us.

• Like 2

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

5-3 would be fine, 6-2 would be nice.

They need to win on Sunday. Losing to Pittsburgh again goofs up a lot for us.

Pittsburgh reminds me of “Sexy Cleveland 2014”. Zero reason to be in the thick of it right now outside of their awesome pass rush. They can’t throw the ball or run the ball and their secondary sucks.

If they could run the ball I’d give them some benefit of the doubt down the stretch (it’s why the Jets shouldn’t be slept on) but I cannot see them getting W’s down the stretch when they have 2 games vs the Bengals, a game vs the Browns on the road, a game vs the Ravens on the road, and game vs Seattle on the road

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Pittsburgh reminds me of “Sexy Cleveland 2014”. Zero reason to be in the thick of it right now outside of their awesome pass rush. They can’t throw the ball or run the ball and their secondary sucks.

If they could run the ball I’d give them some benefit of the doubt down the stretch (it’s why the Jets shouldn’t be slept on) but I cannot see them getting W’s down the stretch when they have 2 games vs the Bengals, a game vs the Browns on the road, a game vs the Ravens on the road, and game vs Seattle on the road

I agree, reality has to catch up to them eventually, right?  Right??