10 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Jim Mora
    • mike post-loss
    • the drive; the fumble
    • northcutt with the drop
    • not part of the script

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Kind of a “no duh” but the Steelers game dramatically improves our playoff chances.

Really curious to see what type of team Denver is.

They’re better than they looked to start the year.  A lot better.

https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-defense-rankings/#16-denver-broncos

“We said it coming into Week 10, this is a very different Denver Broncos defense than the one at the bottom of most NFL defensive statistics. Entering MNF, Denver had allowed just 218 pass ypg with a 3-5 TD–INT line and an 80.5 QB rating to its last four opponents. On Monday night, Josh Allen finished under 180 passing yards, threw two picks and had a 59.3 QB rating. The Broncos’ pass defense is good again. Now, Denver’s inability to stop the run, that’s definitely still there.”

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gonna need to get back to pounding the ball. I know some folks didn’t like the ratio today, but there was nothing there most of the game tbh.

Gonna need a buck fidy and a couple scores to win it imo.

To do that we need to take the odd deep shot. They stacked the box as much as I have ever seen. We need to push the DB’s back.

I agree with running it lots but just need that threat to pass

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Denver is going to actually be tough next week.

I expect a low scoring 20-17 type of game.

We have some strong match ups 

Marty vs Either of their top recievers is OK. 

Russ takes sacks and we get sacks. 

If we can run the ball a little and add an extra layer to our passing attack we should be ok. There is more to life than curls and slants 

8 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

To do that we need to take the odd deep shot. They stacked the box as much as I have ever seen. We need to push the DB’s back.

I agree with running it lots but just need that threat to pass

I don’t disagree they’ll need to take shots and push the ball, I disagree that they needed to do so yesterday.  

That Steelers offense was gonna struggle to do anything against our defense, the last thing we needed to so was hold the ball while a route develops and let DTR get nuked by Watt or throw a pick that gives them great field position.  Be boring on offense and if it doesn’t work, punt.

Not gonna work every week, but it did yesterday.

I was more irked they seemed to turn him into a pocket passer instead of continuing to use his legs in the second half.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

AFCN

Ravens 9-3

Steelers 7-4

Browns 7-4

Bengals 5-6

Wildcard:

Browns 7-4

Steelers 7-4

Colts 6-5

In the race:

Houston 6-5

Denver 6-5

Buffalo 6-6

Bengals 5-6

Pretty cool that Pittsburgh is ahead of us in the division but we're ahead of them in the WC race.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DawgX said:

Pretty cool that Pittsburgh is ahead of us in the division but we're ahead of them in the WC race.

That’s not true. They are ahead of us because they have 1 loss in the division. How they get so lucky is a real head scratcher. 

Browns needs to win 4 games minimum. Bears, Jets, Bengals should be wins. So they need to be 1-2 at worst vs Texans, Jags, Rams. 

I think they actually beat Denver if DTR isn’t hurt. They got into a rhythm in the second half. Then KS had to start passing the ball with PJ which is a bad situation. 

Between the Rams, Jaguars, and Texans, we need to win one of those games, with the Bears, Jets, and Bengals as “must wins”.

11 wins gives them a puncher’s chance to get a decent playoff draw and you hope Flacco takes over and just can manage games and hit open receivers. He’s a statue but as a whole the OL has held up.

If Myles is hurt long term we are in major trouble.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Between the Rams, Jaguars, and Texans, we need to win one of those games, with the Bears, Jets, and Bengals as “must wins”.

11 wins gives them a puncher’s chance to get a decent playoff draw and you hope Flacco takes over and just can manage games and hit open receivers. He’s a statue but as a whole the OL has held up.

If Myles is hurt long term we are in major trouble.

If Flacco starts multiple games and we get into the playoffs Stefanski is the coach of the year imo.  4 starters and not finishing dead last is impressive, let alone actually competing.  

Especially in the AFCN.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If Flacco starts multiple games and we get into the playoffs Stefanski is the coach of the year imo.  4 starters and not finishing dead last is impressive, let alone actually competing.  

Especially in the AFCN.

I think we finally got to the “wheels fall off” point yesterday and I think it’s too much to overcome. Myles said he felt a pop in his shoulder. I’m betting labrum tear or AC joint.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I think we finally got to the “wheels fall off” point yesterday and I think it’s too much to overcome. Myles said he felt a pop in his shoulder. I’m betting labrum tear or AC joint.

Tough not to believe this team is snakebitten with all the injuries this season. Insane as it is to consider, I think our defense can still compete without Myles. They really looked different without Ward and Walker out there, though: run gaps weren't filled properly and the secondary was off. The biggest blow would be Cooper missing time.

Edited by dawgdish