1. 1. Playoffs?

• Jim Mora
    • mike post-loss
    • the drive; the fumble
    • northcutt with the drop
    • not part of the script

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

And then what?

Compete and build a winning culture. Then try to win it all with Watson next year.

We need a Brad Johnson / Trent Dilfer type of vet if we want to win it all this year. If we don’t sign one, I blame Berry. 

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Compete and build a winning culture. Then try to win it all with Watson next year.

We need a Brad Johnson / Trent Dilfer type of vet if we want to win it all this year. If we don’t sign one, I blame Berry. 

If we were worried about a winning culture then we should have fired Joe Woods 5 minutes into his reign, then a lot of these problems wouldn't be here.

We aren't winning with a Trent Dilfer, not without Chubb anyway. It would be a longshot anyway. 

I get your point, I just don't see it happening this year but I'm not worried about a winning culture I think we're okay with going into next season hungry. We know why this year got a little derailed (I think we can still make the playoffs, just don't think we can roll through playoff teams). 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think this can be undersold.  Kenny Pickett is terrible, but they keep winning, largely due to culture.

This team seems ready to compete, or has so far.  I really hope they don’t pack it in.

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Not a lot of those dudes out there unfortunately.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

If we were worried about a winning culture then we should have fired Joe Woods 5 minutes into his reign, then a lot of these problems wouldn't be here.

lol 

We aren't winning with a Trent Dilfer, not without Chubb anyway. It would be a longshot anyway. 

idk, ford and co are no Chubb, but Stefanski and Callahan have shown repeatedly they can manufacture a ground game.

I get your point, I just don't see it happening this year but I'm not worried about a winning culture I think we're okay with going into next season hungry. We know why this year got a little derailed (I think we can still make the playoffs, just don't think we can roll through playoff teams). 

Disagree on culture but agree on our ceiling.

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If stefanski gets this team to the playoffs coach of the year. 

Not so sure if houston beats us demeco is the run away head coach.

Also if Tampa goes they were picked to be drafting 1st overall.

According to many people on this board we are a better team then Pittsburgh how come we are looking up to them?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Disagree on culture

We won a playoff game a couple years ago, been competitive with less than stellar QB play since, we aren't a laughing stock. We're a long way from the Hue days. I don't think we need the morale boost we needed when we were winning 0 or 1 games. We know we can compete and expect to win. I'm fine with where we are in that regard. I'd love to win it all, especially with DTR under center, but I think if we are one and done in the playoffs that we're still fine heading into next season. Assuming we retain Schwartz or someone capable.

Edited by Thomas5737
  • Like 1