Playoffs   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs?

• Jim Mora
    • mike post-loss
    • the drive; the fumble
    • northcutt with the drop
    • not part of the script

What do you all think would be the most realistic poetic playoff run when it comes to matchups for us to get to the superbowl?

For me I think after the Texans it'd be 

Baltimore in the divisional round - Joe Flacco vs his old team and the MVP to get to the AFC Championship.  

Kansas City in the AFC championship - Playing the previous MVP and wonderboy Mahomes in his home stadium. 

San Francisco Superbowl - This one is the tough one for me. I'd say most poetic would have be playing Detroit. Two teams to never have been to a Superbowl, but I'm not sure if it's most realistic so I'll go with San Fran. They're the juggernaut, but we also beat them already. Somewhat of a reunion playing against Shannahan and the number 1 defense vs the number 1 offense. 

That'd be a gauntlet. 

Ideally, we beat the Texans and then host the Dolphins who are battered from playing against the Chiefs in a below zero game. The Steelers somehow beat the Bills and Ravens and we face them in the AFCCG. Not wanting it because it would be sweet to beat them to go to the SB, just because it's the easiest path.

We shouldn't be worried about proving anything, it's all about winning. Once we win then we can worry about doing it with some style. We haven't earned that yet.

Then we face the Buccaneers in the SB. Not because of the storyline but because they are the easiest path.

Now all that said, If the Steelers beat the Ravens and Bills they do suddenly get more scary, same with Tampa going through the NFC but at the end of the day they have the most beatable rosters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Then we face the Buccaneers in the SB. Not because of the storyline but because they are the easiest path.

Can't even imagine the Mike cognitive dissonance posts if we beat Baker in the Super Bowl 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pscottdai said:

I just want to face and beat the Ravens then in the super bowl face either the Lions or the Bucs as both are great story lines :)

I just want to beat the Texans and play with yolo house money from there lol I honestly feel the Cavs playoffs last year made me more pessimistic than ever. Just dont lose to the first team please with a rookie QB. Dont go out like that. 

I dont care if we end up losing to BAL/KC but you cant lose to Houston 

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I just want to beat the Texans and play with yolo house money from there lol I honestly feel the Cavs playoffs last year made me more pessimistic than ever lol Just dont lose to the first team please with a rookie QB. Dont go out like that. 

I dont care if we end up losing to BAL/KC but you cant lose to Houston lol

I'm greedy. At minimum I want to beat the Texans, then sally forth and beat either the Ravens or Pittsburgh. Shot across the bow for our division next year and beyond. We did the 'win one playoff game and get bounced' scenario in 2020, and this team is superior, so let's take the next logical step (at least).

• Like 1