Moretti's 2024 Mock #1 11/14/2023

moretti19

58 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I do like the idea of Barton at guard. It could actually be possible to get Alt, Barton and center Van Pran with the first three picks, but maybe that is just too many high picks spent on only one position group.

In alot of the mocks that I have been doing, I've been able to grab Van Pran with one of our third round picks.

Usually at pick 71.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tperk said:

In alot of the mocks that I have been doing, I've been able to grab Van Pran with one of our third round picks.

Usually at pick 71.

In the PFN mocks I do he usually goes in the pick 39 to 46 range, but if he is gone, Oregon's Jackson Powers-Johnson is a good alternative in the third.

14 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I do like the idea of Barton at guard. It could actually be possible to get Alt, Barton and center Van Pran with the first three picks, but maybe that is just too many high picks spent on only one position group.

Only if it doesn't work.  :D  Remember in the aftermath of Randy Moss, Wolf took Edwards, Vinson, McKenzie with consecutive picks.  Kind of desperate, and only one of them was worth anything, but we also got Ahman Green out of that.  

On 11/15/2023 at 4:52 PM, Tperk said:

What are your thoughts on the RT for Notre Dame, Blake Fisher? Worth maybe a late 4th or a 5th round pick?

I'm far from an oline expert but he has been very good. Tons of experience which is a bonus. But from what I have seen he can get beat by speed. He is a RT only I believe. I don't think he has the feet to flip to the other side. But someone with more knowledge could maybe weigh in on that. I would have zero issue in the 4th. If he tests well I could see the 3rd. 

On 11/18/2023 at 8:51 AM, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I'm far from an oline expert but he has been very good. Tons of experience which is a bonus. But from what I have seen he can get beat by speed. He is a RT only I believe. I don't think he has the feet to flip to the other side. But someone with more knowledge could maybe weigh in on that. I would have zero issue in the 4th. If he tests well I could see the 3rd. 

He might slide inside in the NFL. I don't see him being able to hold up at tackle against NFL talent. 

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

This was worth bumping a 4 month old irrelevant mock for???

Didn't notice the date until it was too late. 

Reacher says details matter.

• Like 3