Week 12: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

5 QB hits for Bosa in this one. Think he's going to lead the league again

Pretty sure he has four .5 sacks the last three games so he could have had like 10 sacks by now if a few of those go to him solo. Next year he will have a shot at 20 but he just started too slow this year in terms of sacks.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Mitchell looking like he got his burst back 

I know the rest of our weapons are more important but Mitchell being back healthy gives this offense a major boost. CMC gets less touches(5-8 less is great lol) and we can run more with a lead. Mitchell if healthy could be the 2nd half season x factor.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sherm said:

I know the rest of our weapons are more important but Mitchell being back healthy gives this offense a major boost. CMC gets less touches(5-8 less is great lol) and we can run more with a lead. Mitchell if healthy could be the 2nd half season x factor.

I like that they have been letting him get plays in bunches rather than spot duty.  It seems like he can find his stride a little better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Forge said:

5 QB hits for Bosa in this one. Think he's going to lead the league again

Just watched the game back and I thought it was super impressive how not only Bosa, but basically the entire DL appeared in Geno's face throughout the game almost at the same time. A couple of sacks it felt like Geno got sacked by everyone. Don't think it's just the influence of Young, it worked just as well with Gregory, but they certainly changed something in the bye week that obviously works.

And my goodness, what a game from Ward!

It does concern me however how the offense always has at least one quarter, mostly in the second half, where they completely forget how to football. That can't happen in the POs. Also what was going on with Brendel's snaps? Purdy had to almost pick them up from the ground lol.

• Like 3

Man, I know this is a pretty popular topic, but I just wanted to talk about Mooney Ward and the DB's for a minute. 

DK said he hadn't heard of the 9ers DB's before the game, and Geno did not like the trash talk.  Ward backed it up like he always does.  His ability to play the ball while it is in the air, and to be sticky in man and zone is huge.  The way he identifies when the ball is the air, waits for the perfect time, the uses a perfect baseball turn to swat the pass is really sweet.  It's as good as anyone in the league on the outside. 

Ambry has played well since his return and DeMo hasn't been targeted very much.  Overall the switch at DB made a big difference. Having 0 back is cool as well.  He is the best punt gunner in the league and sticky in coverage on the outside.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Oh I find this interesting. Looks like Mooney Ward wasn't suppose to be lining up against DK Metcalf but Kyle overode Wilks last minute. 

Kyle is definitely more involved in the defensive gameplan and even called for the corners to play more press coverage. I bet he's the one who called for Ambry to replace Oliver. 

Wilks was very good with his blitzes and calls last night. He deserves his credit but next week will be the big test. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Man, I know this is a pretty popular topic, but I just wanted to talk about Mooney Ward and the DB's for a minute. 

DK said he hadn't heard of the 9ers DB's before the game, and Geno did not like the trash talk.  Ward backed it up like he always does.  His ability to play the ball while it is in the air, and to be sticky in man and zone is huge.  The way he identifies when the ball is the air, waits for the perfect time, the uses a perfect baseball turn to swat the pass is really sweet.  It's as good as anyone in the league on the outside. 

Ambry has played well since his return and DeMo hasn't been targeted very much.  Overall the switch at DB made a big difference. Having 0 back is cool as well.  He is the best punt gunner in the league and sticky in coverage on the outside.

That DK qoute was fake, he never said that…. And the Geno quote wasn't real either I believe lol. 

Your points on the DBs are accurate though!