2023 GDT week 12 Da Steelers 6-4 Visit Da Bengals 5-5

Steeler Hitman

For a young QB, the running game is a good safety blanket.  The playbook will not have changed that much in one week but perhaps they will have more than 20 plays to call in a game.

KP worries more because his is locking on to his first read for too long.  I am not sure he is salvageable even with a new playbook.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

I think you take me highlighting Warren as me putting down Najee. I acknowledge that Najee is having a good year and when he gets going he’s fun to watch and can punish a defense. I have never said I want to bench Najee for Warren, I think they are both good players and actually compliment each other well.

Warren is just better, it’s that simple. He’s having a special season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I think you take me highlighting Warren as me putting down Najee. I acknowledge that Najee is having a good year and when he gets going he’s fun to watch and can punish a defense. I have never said I want to bench Najee for Warren, I think they are both good players and actually compliment each other well.

najee has more rushes over 15+ yards yet his ypc isn't where you would expect. The result of lots of rushes of r a loss or below 3 yards.  Hit or miss too often.  Lets see if the new OC can get both RB's to reach a new level. 

41 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Sorry if you were taking it that way but I certainly didn’t mean it this way. 

• Like 1

we have some pieces of a team that can win it all. Good run game with warren/Najee, elite pass rush, offense that does not turn it over and a defense that forces turnovers. if we can just put out a functioning passing game...ugh. I think we're close to being a real contender with the right moves this offseason. They really need to get this OC hire right.

30 minutes ago, August4th said:

we have some pieces of a team that can win it all. Good run game with warren/Najee, elite pass rush, offense that does not turn it over and a defense that forces turnovers. if we can just put out a functioning passing game...ugh. I think we're close to being a real contender with the right moves this offseason. They really need to get this OC hire right.

I think we see a much better offence.  The defence won't change other than perhaps having leads instead of the usual close games. 

If Sullivan does get the offence going, I can't see them making a change unless they remove tomlin and his staff of course.

I am actually looking forward to the game for a change because of the expected improvement on offence

My current mock:
Round 1: Keon Coleman Florida State WR
Round 2: Kris Jenkins Michigan DE
Round 3: Christian Mahogany Boston College Guard
Rund 4a: Calen Bullock USC Safety
Round 4b: Deontae Lawson Alabama ILB
Round 6: Jack Nelson Wisconsin OT
Round 7: Brady Cook Missouri QB

30 minutes ago, August4th said:

the play designs and success I'm seeing in this GB/Det game, man. I think we have the players to pull this stuff off....plz get a good OC

we have the talent, just not hte OC (yet) and QB isn't top tier in arm strength. Good OC will work together with the talent to get the most.  What I woud expect:

GP getting more targets and some more deep passes

dionte getting open as usual underneath and getting   his share and sometimes more if he is tearing apart the defence as he did last year vs carolina

running game to continue on but more with the hot hand

Hoping DW blocking with Muth in the slot a bit. 

if we are feeling really hopeful, we get preseason and 4th quarter KP but that seems like a reach after the browns game. OTOH, maybe the browns game saved the season since it caused changes to finally be made

40 minutes ago, August4th said:

although the lions offense looking like trash today lol but I see the vision!

perhaps only the Eagles play good all the time. Other teams, for various reasons, have these off weeks and is an example of approaching mediocrity that brady , sharpe and other mentioned.  There was a time the top teams always won by margin vs lesser teams, not so much anymore in the recent goodell era new flag league

7 hours ago, DR43 said:

My current mock:
Round 1: Keon Coleman Florida State WR
Round 2: Kris Jenkins Michigan DE
Round 3: Christian Mahogany Boston College Guard
Rund 4a: Calen Bullock USC Safety
Round 4b: Deontae Lawson Alabama ILB
Round 6: Jack Nelson Wisconsin OT
Round 7: Brady Cook Missouri QB

Do not get me started on Keon Coleman. Freak.