DTR vs Joe Flaco

hornbybrown

DTR of Flaco  

15 members have voted

1. 1. DTR of Flaco

• DTR
    • Flaco

• None of this matters if we don't attempt to play to the team's and players strengths vs burned in philosophies.

Analytics aren't even being followed. 32nd ranked defense vs the run and we habitually toss it up

Why did we sign our guards to mega contracts if we don't take advantage of their talent

The players went to the coach after Seattle game expressing their displeasure with the play calling that defintely lost the game. Response - We can do better - Strong desire to win . BS

No adjustments to best overcome the vast amount of injuries we have. A conservative approach to give us our best chance isn't the wrong way to approach this vs triple reverses and 12-20 step drops

We've seen with Jackson (process has to play out), Farmer (The movie continues). 

Preaching next man up and then not adjusting for the talent brought with that is inexcusable. It's called leading/coaching

Denver/Seattle and the first Squealers games (all very winnable) were not QB issues. They were terrible game planning disguised by lack of execution 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m absolutely cool with reinforcing the position but I’m not seeing what you are with his play.  I’ve seen more positives than negatives for a late round rookie. 

I think he could develop into what you would want out of a third quarterback. Personally, I am looking more for somebody that could develop into a good starter here down the road. We are pretty clearly stuck with Watson for at least two more seasons regardless how his play shakes out. I would shoot my shot now for a guy that three years from now could be a good starter here and could be adequate when called upon during the time in-between. I’m not seeing the same as you or others with DTR.

24 minutes ago, Navy said:
  • None of this matters if we don't attempt to play to the team's and players strengths vs burned in philosophies.

Analytics aren't even being followed. 32nd ranked defense vs the run and we habitually toss it up

Why did we sign our guards to mega contracts if we don't take advantage of their talent

The players went to the coach after Seattle game expressing their displeasure with the play calling that defintely lost the game. Response - We can do better - Strong desire to win . BS

No adjustments to best overcome the vast amount of injuries we have. A conservative approach to give us our best chance isn't the wrong way to approach this vs triple reverses and 12-20 step drops

We've seen with Jackson (process has to play out), Farmer (The movie continues). 

Preaching next man up and then not adjusting for the talent brought with that is inexcusable. It's called leading/coaching

Denver/Seattle and the first Squealers games (all very winnable) were not QB issues. They were terrible game planning disguised by lack of execution 

It's what we are as an offense. We had one of the best ground games in the NFL and opted to throw first with an injured QB in 21. Pretty sure we know what we have as an offensive philosophy.

We should either change the philosophy or adjust the offensive roster. Which means no Chubb, no Teller, probably get a TE with more dependable hands. Upgrade tackle. 

20 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think he could develop into what you would want out of a third quarterback. Personally, I am looking more for somebody that could develop into a good starter here down the road. We are pretty clearly stuck with Watson for at least two more seasons regardless how his play shakes out. I would shoot my shot now for a guy that three years from now could be a good starter here and could be adequate when called upon during the time in-between. I’m not seeing the same as you or others with DTR.

This has been his biggest issue imo

I think Njoku alone had 3 on Sunday, but the point remains.

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I thought so too, but not really.

haha Those are pretty big stretches. 

So "balanced" now only includes specific game scenarios.

We were basically 50/50 run/pass when excluding 3rd downs and when we were losing by 4 or more points and in the last 5:30 of each quarter...

Going against the 32nd ranked rush defense with a strong run game and no good QB options there probably shouldn't be a specific game scenario where we are 50/50. 

However, it is who we are and it's been that way forever under the regime, so it seems silly to try to cherry pick scenarios to say maybe we aren't that type of offense just as silly as it is to keep complaining about it because that's our identity and it doesn't make sense to fight it or expect anything different. 

If we are keeping this regime, build to the coaches playcalling. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

haha Those are pretty big stretches. 

So "balanced" now only includes specific game scenarios.

We were basically 50/50 run/pass when excluding 3rd downs and when we were losing by 4 or more points and in the last 5:30 of each quarter...

Going against the 32nd ranked rush defense with a strong run game and no good QB options there probably shouldn't be a specific game scenario where we are 50/50. 

However, it is who we are and it's been that way forever under the regime, so it seems silly to try to cherry pick scenarios to say maybe we aren't that type of offense just as silly as it is to keep complaining about it because that's our identity and it doesn't make sense to fight it or expect anything different. 

If we are keeping this regime, build to the coaches playcalling. 

I don’t think it’s wild to take balance out of the equation when the situation doesn’t allow for balance. 

I mean, should we be running on 3rd and long or in the two minute consistently?

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We are a dropped 2 PT away from it being 14 all going into the 4th before DTR got hurt and the wheels fell off with turnovers and miracle play attempts.

I meant specifically regarding play selection.

Everyone wants a 50/50 split (or better) run/pass, but that’s not always possible.  If you’re behind the sticks a lot and they’re putting 8 in the box consistently you can’t just keep running it like a moron and hope it works.

My gut said we passed too much on Sunday too, but using data that applies context to those numbers paints a different picture.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I meant specifically regarding play selection.

Everyone wants a 50/50 split (or better) run/pass, but that’s not always possible.  If you’re behind the sticks a lot and they’re putting 8 in the box consistently you can’t just keep running it like a moron and hope it works.

My gut said we passed too much on Sunday too, but using data that applies context to those numbers paints a different picture.

I was kind of agreeing. Basically you are in the fourth quarter in a coin flip game on the road and you take that considering how bad the first half went.

• Like 1