DTR of Flaco  

15 members have voted

1. 1. DTR of Flaco

• DTR
    • Flaco

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lmao RGIII?!?!

Dude hasn’t played since ‘20.

Since 2016 he’s thrown 58 passes, 4 of which were interceptions.

Jesus Christ… lol

or Colt McCoy who has some legs, whoever.  The veteran free agent QB pool who can pick up the offense in 1 weeks prep time is kinda slim, especially with QBs with a mobility skillset to run Stefanski's offense with how its actually intended so your not altering your offense for the other 10+ guys on 4 days of practice in week 13 of the season to make up for the fact your new QB is the crypt keeper

Foles was contemplating retirement before this season, Cam Newton is a podcaster now, Matt Ryan said hell no when asked, Tom Brady is just...no.

The options of veteran QBs who were not in retirement are Joe Flacco, Colt McCoy and Robert Griffin. Those were the 3 options

I will be happy if I'm wrong but Joe Flacco fits what Stefanski likes to do in his offense the absolute least of the available options. Maybe thats a good thing, IDK but Im not expecting much.

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

or Colt McCoy who has some legs, whoever.  The veteran free agent QB pool who can pick up the offense in 1 weeks prep time is kinda slim, especially with QBs with a mobility skillset to run Stefanski's offense with how its actually intended so your not altering your offense for the other 10+ guys on 4 days of practice in week 13 of the season to make up for the fact your new QB is the crypt keeper

Foles was contemplating retirement before this season, Cam Newton is a podcaster now, Matt Ryan said hell no when asked, Tom Brady is just...no.

The options of veteran QBs who were not in retirement are Joe Flacco, Colt McCoy and Robert Griffin. Those were the 3 options

I will be happy if I'm wrong but Joe Flacco fits what Stefanski likes to do in his offense the absolute least of the available options. Maybe thats a good thing, IDK but Im not expecting much.

We’re on QB4 this season, there are no great options.

Flacco is the most proven by a country mile.  Colt McCoy has never been anywhere near what Flacco is and his 37 year old legs aren’t gonna be a determining factor for me.

RGIII is absolutely retired, he may not know it, but not playing for 3 years is exactly what that is.

No good solutions, just the shiniest turd on the pile which is the immobile corpse of Joe Flacco.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NateDawg said:

PJ and DTR are HORRIBLE. I’m not sure we can reach another level with Joe Flacco but I think we have seen the ceiling with the other two guys and it’s not enough.

I would humbly but vehemently dissagree.....anyone with this assesment I would wager didnt #1 watch him in the Preseason, and #2 didnt watch the entire game vs, the Bronco's. Kid actually started to look like a solid Game Manager. NO rookie should be put in position to throw the football 40+ times a game....IF we didnt have one of the WORST drop rates in the league and our coaching staff leaned more on the running game, DTR would look even better....I am invested in this kid....

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I would humbly but vehemently dissagree.....anyone with this assesment I would wager didnt #1 watch him in the Preseason, and #2 didnt watch the entire game vs, the Bronco's. Kid actually started to look like a solid Game Manager. NO rookie should be put in position to throw the football 40+ times a game....IF we didnt have one of the WORST drop rates in the league and our coaching staff leaned more on the running game, DTR would look even better....I am invested in this kid....

I never base much on preseason football.

I have watched him in the regular season this year and he can’t even throw swing pass without putting it on the wrong shoulder and making a guy come back to it. I also watched him in college and didn’t like him as a prospect. I sure hope he proves me wrong but I definitely do not see a starting caliber player out of him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Yeah I didn’t think he’s looked bad at all the last couple weeks.

Definitely no worse than what most teams are trotting out as a backup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think there is something there with DTR. 

He has had some strong drives. Thrown a few good balls. If he can tidy up his bad throws he can get to low end starter territory.

For sure there is something there IMO. I think he lasts a long time in this league. He's got some desirable traits to develop and he seems like a smart dude. There are a ton of straight up terrible QB's in this league. I don't think DTR falls under that category, which is pretty remarkable for a 5th round rookie.

I am firmly on TEAM DTR, should he be healthy. If he's terrible when he returns, sure. Let's see what Flacco has. 

Oh, and Flacco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PJ Walker. Even if Flacco sucks, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

For sure there is something there IMO. I think he lasts a long time in this league. He's got some desirable traits to develop and he seems like a smart dude. There are a ton of straight up terrible QB's in this league. I don't think DTR falls under that category, which is pretty remarkable for a 5th round rookie.

I am firmly on TEAM DTR, should he be healthy. If he's terrible when he returns, sure. Let's see what Flacco has. 

Oh, and Flacco >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PJ Walker. Even if Flacco sucks, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PJ plays loose. 

Loose grip on the ball

Loose reads. 

Only thing is he can throw a pretty ball between fumbles. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Some incredible passes to the opposing defenses for sure.

A tight spiral is a tight spiral  at some point people are just jealous. 

I remember Kizer standing tall in the pocket, classic qb pose fires a pretty ball to the FS. Just an absolute picture 

• Like 5