Canada Fired

warfelg

7 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

back to hearing the E word when the team loses. 

I think Coach T stepped up and accepted responsibility for his decision and admitted that he tries to "protect" his players/coaches. However, he also said that this is a "results" business. The result is to win. I get sick of some of the Tomlinism's, but I actually liked what he said and how he handled this situation. 

What many people seem to be missing is that he credited the Browns, but yet terminated the person responsible for the offense. He also said, "I am not going to give the media their pound of flesh at Matt's expense."

Like it or not the EXECUTION was not so much an excuse, but a reason why:

Players are getting open.

The rushing attack has put up 160+ the past three weeks.

The receivers and QB have not been on the same page.

The OL is inconsistent.

Can we stop the behind the LOS dump off to Warren and Najee? That is this year's jet sweep.

You have two good RB's. Know when to go to the hot RB.

Can't blame Canada now  so it's time for the players to step up

I was one of the people who said that it wasn't all Matt Canada. I pointed to the OL and the overall execution. This past game there was plenty of blame to go around the offense. Certainly not one of Kenny Pickett's best games.  Dionte Johnson frustrates the heck out of me. The play calling, the routes, the timing, clock management, and so on. We are fans and see this live as the game is being played out.

It is probably time to see some players point the finger at themselves as well.

05-blame.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Who do you think will be the real replacement:
Could they go with Sullivan full time?
Kliff Kingsbury?
Byron Leftwich?
Warfelg?
Josh McDaniels?

if they hire Josh, I won't watch

how about letting Sullivan have a fair shot and see how this goes. Maybe the answer was here the entire season just waiting his turn.

48 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I was one of the people who said that it wasn't all Matt Canada. I pointed to the OL and the overall execution. This past game there was plenty of blame to go around the offense. Certainly not one of Kenny Pickett's best games.  Dionte Johnson frustrates the heck out of me. The play calling, the routes, the timing, clock management, and so on. We are fans and see this live as the game is being played out.

It is probably time to see some players point the finger at themselves as well.

05-blame.jpg

It isn't all on Canada but his offense was high school level.  If they run 2 different plays from the same formation and personnel it will be a first time this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

It isn't all on Canada but his offense was high school level.  If they run 2 different plays from the same formation and personnel it will be a first time this year.

we can only  be better on offence IMO unless the run game falls apart.  

50 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Agreed. Not saying it wasn't needed or warranted, but that there are others who need to be held accountable as well. Something similar to the Ravens with Greg Roman who actually had success developing Lamar. This offense was putrid.

• Like 1