Canada Fired

warfelg

3 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

I still think in part Tomlin has to loosen the reigns to see what Kenny has. That stern conservative message of don't turn the ball over comes from the top. 

It was a guiding light at first, but it seems to have become a heavy lean over the shoulder.  

I do not think they will.  If they just get competent passing routes in and play calling can expand beyond20 plays per game I will call it a bonus.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

the concern with kenny's development has me thinking they'll hire a "name" to be OC. A guys with a legit resume at this level. not take a risk on a guy who never called plays at this level like randy and Matt. they're going after another Haley. People forget, but Haley was considered a big time hire when we picked him up.

• Like 2

Just now, 43M said:

Not sure what was worse....retaining Canada after last season or allowing Colbert to run the offseason last year when he was on his way out.

Colbert. More because I’m not shocked they kept Canada. My issue with Colbert at the time was either you knew you were staying in house, which means you should have announced it ASAP; and you were going to lose out on some of the better outside candidates that wanted to get in and start putting their fingerprints on it. 2022 was a perfect “reset” year overall and he ran it like he was still trying to make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

the concern with kenny's development has me thinking they'll hire a "name" to be OC. A guys with a legit resume at this level. not take a risk on a guy who never called plays at this level like randy and Matt. they're going after another Haley. People forget, but Haley was considered a big time hire when we picked him up.

I hope it’s not about Kenny as to why they do that rather it’s just about developing a QB period. Frees you up more to get a QB if the potential for a name OC is there but they don’t love Kenny. He’s just not that guy you base the decision on. 

• Like 1