Canada Fired

warfelg

44 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

not fair to evaluate KP with canada as his OC.  Lets see how he is from here on.

if KP is a fail RD1 pick, it will add to colberts recent fails in RD1.  Khan can't carry that tradition on, seems like he got good players with Jones and JPj  so thats a start

Why not?  So if the poor performance continues will the fire the next OC?

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Why not?  So if the poor performance continues will the fire the next OC?

no.  If the poor performance continues then KP is a main part of the problem, especially if the run game is 200 yards a game AND play actin is actually used. 

my point is, canada was THAT much of an issue IMO .  Or wait and see and not be surprised if the offence is decent in the pass game anyways. 

not  throwing to the middle of the field might be also because cole and the pass pro in the middle might need some work. Passing game needs help no doubt, but at least canada's affect is reduced

the hopes are we get preseason and 4th quarter  and last half of last season KP as opposed to first 3 quarters KP of 23. 

fingers are crossed though

Can any of us deny there has been issues with Pickett this year? No.

Can any of us say without any doubt, Kenny wasn't being held back by Canada? I don't believe we can.

I'm not making excuses for Pickett because I'm not convinced anymore he is the guy, but maybe, just maybe if we approach games differently offensively we will see the QB we thought we had at the end of last season and in Preseason this year.

• Like 3

I'm happy we no longer have to discuss Matt after today. the focus can now be on kenny. The bengals defense has been poor this yr, will the MOF finally be used? would be something if Pat had a 5 catch 70 yard game with 3 of those catches coming from down the stream in the MOF lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

no.  If the poor performance continues then KP is a main part of the problem, especially if the run game is 200 yards a game AND play actin is actually used. 

my point is, canada was THAT much of an issue IMO .  Or wait and see and not be surprised if the offence is decent in the pass game anyways. 

not  throwing to the middle of the field might be also because cole and the pass pro in the middle might need some work. Passing game needs help no doubt, but at least canada's affect is reduced

the hopes are we get preseason and 4th quarter  and last half of last season KP as opposed to first 3 quarters KP of 23. 

fingers are crossed though

The only reason this might be true is that Colbert is gone.  They have invested in the pick so the pick can't be wrong.

We will not see much for the Bengals game but play calling.  We need to see if they can put in a real NFL offense.  Multiple plays run from the same formation and personnel.  When they can do that then we will see.

A couple things reading through the comments and seeing the press conference.

1. This was Mike Tomlin's decision to move on at this point. He took complete responsibility for the decision and did not hint at being forced by Mr. Rooney or anyone else. A bit late in many of or minds but kudos for making the move.

2. During his presser he mentioned "protecting" those under his leadership and "embracing" the role as a leader. He also said that this did not feel like protecting (I think he was referring to Matt Canada). However, this needed to be done. Being a leader is never easy. Hopefully, this jump starts the offense. As stated, "this is a results business." If they don't get better, there will certainly be more changes. Maybe not now, but during the off-season.  "Focus is on winning in Cincinnati."  

3. The Matt Canada excuse is gone. So the offense and players need to execute and perform.

• Like 1