Pats 2024 Draft.

m haynes

On 4/19/2024 at 2:53 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Link? Quote?

this disappoints me

The theory was that Jayden Daniels' agent wasn't happy that the Commanders brought in all the QBs together instead of 1-on-1 like is typical.  Sounds like a lot of hogwash if you ask me.

On 4/20/2024 at 9:08 AM, mission27 said:

I do like McCarthy

I do too however not at three.  I just don't believe the draft Bucky's BS that he's a top of the draft pick.

On 4/20/2024 at 9:08 AM, mission27 said:

it feels like the league/media/fans are trying to find the next fill in the blank player and so ignoring a lot of obvious flaws that would have been picked apart 5-10 years ago

Yes, this drives me crazy. Year in and year out they force feed the next great QB's. I don't see it especially Maye. His bad tape is a huge red flag.  They say they can fix his foot work. I say what the heck have you been doing over the last several years!!!! We are talking 101 QB mechanics.

Pats are desperate for a QB hopefully there not foolish enough to pick one just because they have to or what the media are saying they should do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 5:41 PM, PatriotsWin! said:

All of a sudden Commies, Patriots, and Vikings are 'in love' with Maye. Smh.

My dislike for Jayden has only grown in the past couple weeks. If Maye is gone, I almost rather have McCarthy tbh.

If they want to reach, I would like them to take Rattler with the 68th pick. I could care less about his (EGO) past.

Example 

Make a trade with Vikings. Hope to get  Olu Fashanu at 11 (they say he's falling, idiots), than at 23 Amarius Mims.

Than WR (Xavier Worthy,Troy Franklin) at 34 and than picks 68 Rattler.

O Line ----    LT Fashanu,   OG Sow  C Andrews   OG Owenu    RT Mims 

RB Stevenson

QB  Brisket with Rattler taking over.

Now that's a draft.

Build the OL. Let the QB sit back and watch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

With the draft around the bend, Minnesota’s appetite for Drake Maye seems to be sharpening, at least according to the Boston Globe. “I believe that the Vikings want Maye more than the Patriots do. If the Patriots were truly sold on Maye, they wouldn’t consider trading their No. 3 pick,” Boston Globe’s Ben Volin wrote this weekend.

Volin concluded about the Vikings’ and Patriots’ trade state of play: “If the Patriots want Maye at No. 3, there’s nothing the Vikings can do about it, and they’ll likely settle for McCarthy. But if the Patriots pass on Maye, the Vikings should be able to find a willing trade partner in the Chargers, who look like they would love to trade down from No. 5. The Vikings’ No. 11 and 23 picks might be enough to get it done.”

https://vikingsterritory.com/2024/news/opinion/latest-draft-hint-will-excite-vikings-fans?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

On 4/20/2024 at 12:17 PM, m haynes said:

I agree with "lets call it" your theory however there are bad  (problems) offenses, just not Patriots bad.  IMO the Pats offense right now is pathetic and the changes if you want to call them that, did little to change that. There always be holes in every offense but Douglas is your best WR who is 5ft 150 and is a injury waiting to happen.   A good draft is three players... well i see the Pats need at least, 2 OT, LOG, 3 RBs (Steve's last year), TE, 2/3 WRs and a QB.

I see Wenu as a OG that can play OT. I have watch/ heard many that make him out to be better than he is at OT position, especially the stat guys. The same stat guys that try to convince whoever that Cole Strange is a starting NFL guard. Pathetic.

And with all this we have a meddling owner and son, a so call interim (media) boy genius at GM and a completely new untested staff run by a rookie loud mouth  HC that hasn't done a thing to warrant the position. 

There's not anyone that can convince me that Vrabel wasn't the much better choice for the HQ position. What I have see so far reminds me of the Sullivan,Victor years.  The idiot owner thought is was a good thing to put out a hit job on BB at this time??? 

What a fool FREDO Kraft turn out to be. He has put my 50+ years of loyalty on the line. I'm at the point to where this continues,  I will walk away just like I did 4 years ago with the Red Sox. I'm to old for this crap.

Also any team that has stat boy Groh any where near the draft is a fool. This guys stat makes Strange look like John Hannah !!!!!  Also, when Thornton ran the 4.2 I thought, watch the idiot Raiders draft this stiff !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought is was the right time to let BB go, but not like this.

I'm looking forward to see the fans boo Fredo Kraft out of the stadium. 

BB played by Pacino

https://tenor.com/view/kiss-of-death-god-father-gif-11237441

What's this BS about Bill being untrustworthy?

He seemed to trust him fine when he was making his franchise relevant 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What's this BS about Bill being untrustworthy?

He seemed to trust him fine when he was making his franchise relevant 

Ya and making bank.

The owner has little to do with a winning football teams.

MOF they basically screw it up when they get involved. Great examples. Patriots Chuck Fairbanks, Parcells and Jerry Jones.

Just writing Fairbanks name makes my blood boil. It amazes me the players he drafted and how the Sullivan's ran him out of town.   Here's one draft that pops in my head that relates to this year and a possible trade down.

1977 draft

Ray Clayborn  16th pick

Stanley Morgan 25th pick  

He was a part time WR in college, played RB. He saw the talent. Greatest WR in Pats history.

Receptions:557

Receiving yards:10,716

Yards per reception:19.2

Touchdowns:72

Insane numbers

Here's two more Jags he drafted,  John Hannah and Mike Haynes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADDED  Now how many SB has Jones won after letting Jimmy Johnson go.

Edited by m haynes

OK it getting down to the nitty.

Here is what they are going to do, not what we want or think they should (offense) draft.

I call it,  what are they thinking !!!  Good players but what about offensive needs? They drafted a QB and still no OT /WR?

Ten minutes later we all justify the picks, LOL.

Here what they will do
3.  Drake Maye QB
34. Chris Braswell Edge
68 Cole Bishop S

3.NFL-team-logo
Jayden DanielsQB LSU
34.NFL-team-logo
Ladd McConkeyWR Georgia
68.NFL-team-logo
Christian MahoganyOG Boston College
84.NFL-team-logo
Kiran AmegadjieOT Yale
trade-icon
180.NFL-team-logo
Erick AllTE Iowa
193.NFL-team-logo
Zion Tupuola-FetuiEDGE Washington

Traded 103, 137 and 231 to Pittsburgh for 84

6.NFL-team-logo
J.J. McCarthyQB Michigan
trade-icon
34.NFL-team-logo
Cooper DeJeanS Iowa
47.NFL-team-logo
Ja'Lynn PolkWR Washington
trade-icon
68.NFL-team-logo
Kris JenkinsDT Michigan
103.NFL-team-logo
Blake FisherOT Notre Dame
125.NFL-team-logo
Cade StoverTE Ohio State
trade-icon
193.NFL-team-logo
Tarheeb StillCB Maryland
231.NFL-team-logo
Jay StanleyS Southern Miss

Traded 3 to NYG for 6 and 47, Traded 137 and 180 to TB for 125
Edited by Hunter2_1

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:
3.NFL-team-logo
Jayden DanielsQB LSU
34.NFL-team-logo
Ladd McConkeyWR Georgia
68.NFL-team-logo
Christian MahoganyOG Boston College
84.NFL-team-logo
Kiran AmegadjieOT Yale
trade-icon
180.NFL-team-logo
Erick AllTE Iowa
193.NFL-team-logo
Zion Tupuola-FetuiEDGE Washington

Traded 103, 137 and 231 to Pittsburgh for 84

That's what you want or what they (think) will do. Mine was what I guess might happen. It sure as heck don't want what might happen in my example. 

I not there yet, to put out my final, " What I would do." draft. 

Leaving the 3rd pick out, I like the draft.

Not sure what to do at 3, leaning, trade the pick.

I watched tape on Daniels what bother me is he's late with his throws. Medium routes, he doesn't lead the WR. The WR gave him huge space so I wonder what will happen at the next level.  It's weird he lead the WR great on long balls but in routes, I question.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

That's what you want or what they (think) will do. Mine was what I guess might happen. It sure as heck don't want what might happen in my example. 

I not there yet, to put out my final, " What I would do." draft. 

Leaving the 3rd pick out, I like the draft.

Not sure what to do at 3, leaning, trade the pick.

I watched tape on Daniels what bother me is he's late with his throws. Medium routes, he doesn't lead the WR. The WR gave him huge space so I wonder what will happen at the next level.  It's weird he lead the WR great on long balls but in routes, I question.

Neither atm, just playing around with some mock draft simulators. 

they’re kind of pointless because the board never ever falls how the consensus expects.

I mean, did any mock draft sim have Cole Strange being unavailable in the back half of the first round ? 😂

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Neither atm, just playing around with some mock draft simulators. 

they’re kind of pointless because the board never ever falls how the consensus expects.

I mean, did any mock draft sim have Cole Strange being unavailable in the back half of the first round ? 😂

I gave a simulator a shot. Made some trades

7 Joe Alt --- LT

34 Xavier Legette---WR

54 Kamren Kinchens---S

68 Braden Fiske---DT

85 Spencer Rattler---QB

103 Josh Newton ---CB

112 Javon Baker---WR

137 Ray Davis---RB

180 Luke McCaffrey---WR

231 AJ Barner--- TE

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

if the Pats trade down from 3 to 6 with intention to get McCarthy as the QB4 then, i can only hope the Vikings do the deal with the Chargers at 5.

If I was a betting man, I would put money on the Vikings getting McCarthy and within four years you get a super bowl.

• Like 1