Pats 2024 Draft.

m haynes

Honestly wasn't thrilled by the fact we traded back when we did. Lost out on WR McConkey, settled for Polk. Lost out on LT Suamataia, settled for Wallace... Wish we'd be more aggressive. Or, maybe they didn't like those prospects and Polk and Wallace were their targets the whole time... I'm going to choose to believe that 😕. I'll keep watching videos of these guys and reading all their positives...I'll eventually come around. Like I always do lol. 

6 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Honestly wasn't thrilled by the fact we traded back when we did. Lost out on WR McConkey, settled for Polk. Lost out on LT Suamataia, settled for Wallace... Wish we'd be more aggressive. Or, maybe they didn't like those prospects and Polk and Wallace were their targets the whole time... I'm going to choose to believe that 😕. I'll keep watching videos of these guys and reading all their positives...I'll eventually come around. Like I always do lol. 

Here’s some copium for you: 

Highly, highly doubtful that NE was really all that high in McConkey (who most thought would squeeze into the bottom of the first) if they were willing to trade with a team in desperate need of WR help right there. I like Ladd a lot, but it seems unlikely the team really loved him and then traded back.

Similar (but opposite) with Polk. There were other WRs that plenty of people had higher on their boards available, but most of them were in different molds. Franklin might be too much Thornton for the team. Corley is a YAC monster but not a guy you’re lining up at X all night. Roman Wilson isn’t your true X. Mitchell, I have to assume, scared people off with rumors of his characters, that’s the only explanation I can come up with for his fall. And then you’re looking at Burton, Walker, Rice, Baker - guys kind of in a similar mood to Polk, but more similarly ranked. So yeah, Polk went higher than a lot of people thought, but it’s clear he fit the profile of what the team was looking for. Not a HWS guy, but an absolute natural at catching the football.

Missing out on Kingsley was disappointing from my perspective too, but my guess is the team went with experience vs upside. Wallace has started a lot of football games in college. There are other developmental tackles (still available) that some had probably higher, but I think they had a plan there.

Some decent developmental guys at both WR (Franklin, Rice, Walker, Baker) and T (Foster, Jones, Rouse) still sitting there. It’ll be interesting if they double dip or start looking at other needs (Sanders/Bell at TE, Tampa/Hart at CB).

9 hours ago, m haynes said:

Pats got another player OT Caedan Wallace.  Here's what we are getting.

Look at that big butt !!!! Watch how he slides and moves shift his feet. Balance as well.

This is a real good second day.

I'm a happy camper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l849unl3ezk

This is a reach

the run on tackles killed us, and we’ve reached for need. 

He’s probably a guard in the NFL. Very little experience at LT. We already have Onwenu for RT. I don’t understand this pick

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This is a reach

He’s probably a guard in the NFL. Very little experience at LT. We already have Onwenu for RT. I don’t understand this pick

He’s got very little experience at guard too, lol. He’s more than big enough to make the move, but we’ll see where he fits. If he can supplant Strange or Sow that’s still a W, IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This is a reach

I don't look at it that way. Why is he a reach? The guys picked at the end of the 2nd were reaches as well. They all have their warts.  As I said in the past I could care less were some draft Bucky ranks a player. I like this kids make up. He has the tools to develop, that's all I care about. Call it the eye test.

I was all in on Kingsley Suamataia for most of this draft season. Lets say I bought in on the constant he's the man that can play all position the sky's is the limit. Guess what I was wrong.  When you really look,  he is so overrated.

He will never start at OT he'll will be OG. He might be forced to play outside because  the team has no other choice. Also he raw as hell. He remind me of a typical OL that BB bring in to fill a hole. I see little upside at OT.

Now I look at Wallace. Size, base and footwork. IMO those are the tools that they can work with.

Paul -------  I wouldn't draft him at all, I laugh when the Fins took him. Timber !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger Rosengarten ----- Another stiff , funny because that's his problem. NFL players will abuse him or anyone that can't bend their knees and no this can't be coached it his body make up.

Blake Fisher ----  Never was a fan. It his body type. He small in the legs ans stiff in the knees

Also this is not my opinion on these players after the draft.  I didn't like any OT picks in the end of the 2nd from the jump.

My laugh of the night Danial " have no clue "  Jeremiah, said when MarShawn Lloyd was picked by GB. They got the best

RB in the draft.  He blew a hole in his shorts.

My beer and pizza came flying out my nose. WTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I don't look at it that way. Why is he a reach? The guys picked at the end of the 2nd were reaches as well. They all have their warts.  As I said in the past I could care less were some draft Bucky ranks a player. I like this kids make up. He has the tools to develop, that's all I care about. Call it the eye test.

I was all in on Kingsley Suamataia for most of this draft season. Lets say I bought in on the constant he's the man that can play all position the sky's is the limit. Guess what I was wrong.  When you really look,  he is so overrated.

He will never start at OT he'll will be OG. He might be forced to play outside because  the team has no other choice. Also he raw as hell. He remind me of a typical OL that BB bring in to fill a hole. I see little upside at OT.

Now I look at Wallace. Size, base and footwork. IMO those are the tools that they can work with.

Paul -------  I wouldn't draft him at all, I laugh when the Fins took him. Timber !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger Rosengarten ----- Another stiff , funny because that's his problem. NFL players will abuse him or anyone that can't bend their knees and no this can't be coached it his body make up.

Blake Fisher ----  Never was a fan. It his body type. He small in the legs ans stiff in the knees

Also this is not my opinion on these players after the draft.  I didn't like any OT picks in the end of the 2nd from the jump.

My laugh of the night Danial " have no clue "  Jeremiah, said when MarShawn Lloyd was picked by GB. They got the best

RB in the draft.  He blew a hole in his shorts.

My beer and pizza came flying out my nose. WTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are you a fan of that’s still left?

Overall, not just tackle.

With “steady” projections taken at WR/OT, I want to see some bigger swings. Jaheim Bell, Isaac Guerendo, Cam Hart.

Edited by Soko

2 hours ago, Soko said:

NE was really all that high in McConkey (who most thought would squeeze into the bottom of the first) if they were willing to trade with a team in desperate need of WR

I had both WR on my radar at 34 with McConkey my 1st choice however I also wanted them to trade down from 34, they needed (more) quality players. I would be extremely happy with both. The picks with the trade, was perfect IMO.

2 hours ago, Soko said:

There were other WRs that plenty of people had higher on their boards available, but most of them were in different molds.

Exactly however I was not one of them. I like most of the WR picked and the ones you listed however not over Ja'Lynn Polk.

2 hours ago, Soko said:

Franklin  Corley. Roman Wilson Mitchell, Burton, Walker, Rice, Baker

My pick was ( fell to 52 !!!!!!!) Mitchell, til I paid attention to the talk behind the scenes. I hate bad character players they are not worth it. You have to hit on high draft choices, it like taking a major injury prone play in the 1st RD , No way.

My next was Conkey right behind him,  Polk.  Let say LC was a 10 and Polk was a 9.5.

Some players I really liked however the fit was a problem, when looking at the roster. Didn't see Pats caring about the slot (  Corley, Wilson) with the 34th pick.

I liked Burton until the character issue came out. Big pass again.

Walker, Rice no frigging way. They do little in the NFL skills lacking. The SR bowl were brutal for these guys. They had to stop (blow the whistle)  one on one drill because both could not get off the LOS !!!! Total embarrassment.

Now if the Pats get Baker I will say they hit a grand slam in the draft at the WR position. What a heck of a future with Polk and Baker. they compliment each other so well.

My favorites final list for draft pick 34.

Xavier Legette

Conky

Polk

Trade down late in the 2nd Wilson

3 hours ago, Soko said:

Missing out on Kingsley was disappointing from my perspective too, but my guess is the team went with experience vs upside

Big change for me at the end. I don't see OT in the future. I think I liked him because he could play all positions but at the end he was to raw and without OT skills...  I was out.

3 hours ago, Soko said:

Foster, Baker

These are my targets. I have liked Foster since the SR bowl. Very impressive 3rd day guy.

3 hours ago, Soko said:

start looking at other needs (Sanders/Bell at TE, Tampa/Hart at CB).

Other picks for me would be

Kris Abrams-Draine CB

Caelen Carson  CB

Josh Newton  CB

Malik Washington WR

Jacob Cowing WR

Jha'Quan Jackson WR

Cedric Gray LB

Tommy Eichenberg LB

Spencer Rattler QB          Yup that's right. I don't care. For one Zippy gone. Two, value and competition. See Cousins and RG 3.  Bad locker room, Than you get rid of the losers which they currently are on this team.  Bobby Grier era of kissing butt. 

Ray Davis RB

Will Shipley RB

Dylan Laube RB

Rasheen Ali RB

Emani Bailey RB

Blake Watson RB

Cade Stover TE

Theo Johnson TE

Erick All TE

AJ Barner TE

And Last but not least the steals of the draft, superstar down the RD.  Shocks you in a year or two. He will turn out like Puka Nacua !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mark my words !!!!!

Dallin Holker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Who are you a fan of that’s still left?

Overall, not just tackle.

With “steady” projections taken at WR/OT, I want to see some bigger swings. Jaheim Bell, Isaac Guerendo, Cam Hart.

@Soko  Check the recent post.  You will like the Rattler comments !!!!😁 

RB is a big issue in this draft. We need at least two. Im not signing Stevenson ,he's gone IMO or should be. I like Harris but can he play. BB never really used him and he had flashes. Also the OL was no help.

• Like 1

Wouldn't say Polk at 37 was a reach by any means. NFL site had him as a Round 2 guy. Mina Kimes and Field Yates have gone up to bat for him, saying he won't get out of Round 2. I think Mina even said he's going somewhere between 34-40. She nailed it.

For Patriots fans, picking him just feels indifferent because he's just the same mold being recycled again. It's all too redundant at this point. For anyone else, he's probably a revelation. I imagine the current regime is betting on him turning into a Keenan Allen/Puca Nukua type who gets open at will and catches 100 a year. Worst case scenario is he's Jakobi Meyers. The floor is extremely high on this one. 

• Like 1

Definitely not gonna sit here and try to justify what the hell they were doing with the Wallace. They certainly are pulling a Belichick there and trying to be the smartest in the room with that one. Not a fan of the logistics behind this.

And here they go picking another Guard as I type this...

4 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

he's just the same mold being recycled again.

They should understand he can play.  Knows how to play and he can work the field. Pats WR to date/past, 50/50 red zone blockers !!!!!! Than right to the injurry list.

Than Groh with the WR stat boy. I heard he has little say but provides the stats. I hope so !!!!

6 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Definitely not gonna sit here and try to justify what the hell they were doing with the Wallace. They certainly are pulling a Belichick there and trying to be the smartest in the room with that one. Not a fan of the logistics behind this.

And here they go picking another Guard as I type this...

I have no idea about the guard except for the stuff they just said at ESPN, three year starter, dominate one game eh the next.

I also look at this team post BB. I could care less who is on the offensive side. Far as I'm concern they all can be replaced.

The last couple of drafts the OL have shown me crap. That includes Strange and Sow as well.

I have to trust they are doing the work and Wolf is listing to his scouts!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, m haynes said:

They should understand he can play.  Knows how to play and he can work the field. Pats WR to date/past, 50/50 red zone blockers !!!!!! Than right to the injurry list.

Than Groh with the WR stat boy. I heard he has little say but provides the stats. I hope so !!!!

I'm with you. If he can get open and catch, that's all that matters. I could care less about the style he does it in.