Pats 2024 Draft.

m haynes

3 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Couldn't be more ecstatic. When it's all said and done, he's gonna be a top 10 guy. I'm pretty confident in that. Trust the process fellas..

I couldn't agree more. Kid's got all the physical skills and upside in the world. Just gotta put something resembling an nfl roster around him..

• Like 1

Pretty stoked the way things have turned out, going into R2.

Posting this before the Niners pick at 31, but looks like there’ll be some of Kingsley, Leggette, McConkey, Mitchell, JPJ, Franklin, and some other guys that fell like DeJean or Newton. 

3 hours ago, Soko said:

Posting this before the Niners pick at 31, but looks like there’ll be some of Kingsley, Leggette, McConkey, Mitchell, JPJ, Franklin, and some other guys that fell like DeJean or Newton. 

I'm about 99% sure BUF takes Mitchell first tomorrow. Definitely think the Bills and Panthers conspired to royally screw NE from trading back into the 1st for Legette/Mitchell there.

If it's gonna be WR, I'm admittedly high on Franklin, and their interactions with him seem to indicate the same. But ending up with two Tyquan Thorntons would be the equivalent of eating camel poop. On the flip side, imagine if they just needed a Drake Maye and different offensive philosophy to unlock them 🤯.

DeJean would absolutely be a guilty pleasure if they decide to go BPA at 34 tomorrow. He'd be the perfect fit in that regard. In Wolf We Trust.

3 hours ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Not sure I love any of the WRs left enough to draft them with the 34th pick. I really hope this Aiyuk trade happens.

Think those chances shot up in a major after they went Pearsall.

27 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

I'm about 99% sure BUF takes Mitchell first tomorrow. Definitely think the Bills and Panthers conspired to royally screw NE from trading back into the 1st for Legette/Mitchell there.

If it's gonna be WR, I'm admittedly high on Franklin, and their interactions with him seem to indicate the same. But ending up with two Tyquan Thorntons would be the equivalent of eating camel poop. On the flip side, imagine if they just needed a Drake Maye and different offensive philosophy to unlock them 🤯.

DeJean would absolutely be a guilty pleasure if they decide to go BPA at 34 tomorrow. He'd be the perfect fit in that regard. In Wolf We Trust.

And now I just realized DeJean to BUF feels like a strong possibility itself

24 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Apparently Carolina’s shown more interest in Leggette than any other WR this offseason, so…if the Bills were willing to trade up with KC to get them Worthy, I doubt that they’re wheeling and dealing with any specific intention, lol. I thought Leggette would be there, though. 

Man, Franklin’s definitely a better version of Thornton, but….it’d be another version of Thornton, lol. I can’t get myself to like that pick, if it came to fruition. It may have been a rumor, but there were rumblings this past week about Mitchell being a difficult guy to coach and supremely moody, with his blood sugar being a big issue. Maybe that’s the reason he’s here on Day 2? Shrug.

Of the WRs, I think stylistically, I’d have to lean either McConkey or Coleman. Both might show glimpses of former Patriots (Edelman and Harry), but I think both are souped up versions of those guys. McConkey’s obviously a superior athlete to Jules, and Coleman isn’t a lumbering presence IMO. He’s not a burner either, that’s to be sure. But he’s an outside presence that you could throw it up to, which I think the team is lacking. He might be the consistent version of DeVante Parker. I’d love Mitchell too, but only if that off the field stuff is bogus.

Non-WRs? Can’t complain with DeJean, Newton, JPJ, Frazier, Kingsley, or even a trade down. DeJean gives the team a slot guy that can get back and play FS, which the secondary kind of lack defensively. Newton doesn’t seem to be the prototypical DL that NE likes to use, but he’s so fun to watch that you just have to make that guy fit your defense. He’s disruptive. JPJ/Frazier could walk in the door and beat out Strange or Sow outright, or at worst fill in for Andrews when he does retire (which he considered this year). Kingsley obviously you hope he comes in and eventually becomes your LT. Trading back? Not my number one option, but this is a sweet spot to do it. After a few of those fallers from R1, the draft does get awfully similar in terms of value from maybe 35-40 through 80ish. If you can grab another one of those picks, sweet.

7 hours ago, Soko said:

Your spot on. 

I look for a trade if I'm the Pats. I would look at Texans they have 2 picks. They are so close SB and there are two (big need) CB's still on the board that had a 1st RD grade.

Kool Aid and Dejean.

Trade for picks

42   Kingsley Suamataia/Mike Sainristil/Braden Fiske/Roger Rosengarten/Keon Coleman/Cooper Beebe/Edgerrin Cooper

59     Javon Baker/ Ja'Lynn Polk/ Malachi Corley/Chris Braswell/Roman Wilson

Some of these players nned time but Pats have plenty of that before they see the results of this draft.

Maye on the bench in 2024. He should be or we end up with another Mac. You know the lamb to the slaughter !!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jofos said:

It was different when I was young and the Patriots weren't good, I still thought one day they will be good. I would read about the draft I couldn't watch it and I had hope. This is probably the most dread I have ever had leading up to the draft. 

I remember that short time with Fairbanks now that was great times. He was the best.