Week 14: VIKINGS (6-6) at Raiders (5-7)

swede700

9 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

What's frustrating about the offense and the QBs is that, I'm not sure Dobbs or Mullens (who didn't look that much more impressive) are quite this bad.

Hard to gauge how effective he might’ve been with the walking wounded out there on offense, but I agree. The skill position group has been mostly bad for weeks.

44 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

What's frustrating about the offense and the QBs is that, I'm not sure Dobbs or Mullens (who didn't look that much more impressive) are quite this bad.

99 yards passing and 3 points is obviously terrible, but I'm not convinced either are that bad. So I'm not sure what the disconnect is or where it's happening. Dobbs in particular was certainly not helped by his skill players. They won't be counted as drops I don't think, but there were 6 catchable passes "dropped."

Some of them would have been difficult catches, sure, but this team needs it's playmakers to step up and no one, effect JJ of course, seems willing to do that.

It so difficult to have any faith in this offense going forward, but maybe they figure things out.

Ps- I think they just need to move on from Dobbs. The hospital balls are just too much of a problem

I'll agree Dobbs and Mullens are serviceable QBs, but Dobbs' accuracy was a HUGE problem today.    Sure JJ made a play on one of those bad throws and it knocked if out of the game.   The only two I'd consider drops were KJ's.  

The biggest problem for Dobbs was his timing.  Second, I think he let's mistakes rattle him; it's like after that first near-pick on the out to JJ caused him to overthink his throws.  He saw or felt things that weren't there.   Mullens at least turned it loose on time.  

Shout out to the defense . . . That was a rookie QB forced to look like a rookie.   They couldn't run it; they didn't convert 3rd downs, especially on the second half.   And, the D got take-aways.  Say, what ya want, but if Flores keeps these guys playing at this level, and ascending, the Vikes will go a long way in the playoffs!  💯 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

Shout out to the defense . . . That was a rookie QB forced to look like a rookie.   They couldn't run it; they didn't convert 3rd downs, especially on the second half.   And, the D got take-aways.  Say, what ya want, but if Flores keeps these guys playing at this level, and ascending, the Vikes will go a long way in the playoffs!  💯 

Too bad we didn't keep Browning, eh?  He'd have given us a chance to make The Playoffs, and maybe win the first game.

1 minute ago, Robb_K said:

Too bad we didn't keep Browning, eh?  He'd have given us a chance to make The Playoffs, and maybe win the first game.

That’s the most Viking thing ever. Been literally looking for a franchise quarterback since Fran and Browning wasn’t good enough to even be a backup with us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joeybrowner47 said:

That’s the most Viking thing ever. Been literally looking for a franchise quarterback since Fran and Browning wasn’t good enough to even be a backup with us. 

We need a QB coach as good as McCardell is with the WRs.  We all thought KOC, The QB Guru, would be able to "coach UP our QB prospects.  But, apparently, an NFL Head Coach has too many different obligations to be able to spend much time with ANY of the QBs, including the #1, to improve their development tracks.