Which team has the best young core to build around?

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Green Bay. I love the young talent Arizona and Philly have.

Jacksonville is very young and ascending. 

I hadn't really considered Green Bay...I like some of the defensive pieces, and Love may be a dude. I kind of wish that they had a guy on offense that was more sure of being a star? I wasn't a big Watson fan, but I think Reed looks to have a good, legit future, but it's too early to know if he has that boom potential. Doubs looks like a guy that will be a reasonably solid #2. 

Philadelphia Eagles

Offense: Hurts (25), Swift (24), Gainwell (24), Brown (26), Smith (25), Dickerson (25), Jurgens (24), Mailata (26)

Defense: Sweat (26), Carter (22), Davis (23), Smith (22), Dean (23), Blankenship (24)

Their defense will need to be revamped but they have good to elite core players on both sides of the ball. Their DL could be set for the next 4-5 years with Sweat/Carter/Davis/Smith and Dean/Blankenship both look like starting caliber guys for the foreseeable future. Offensively they have Hurts and three elite weapons plus three OL that are all 26 for the best team in the NFL. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hadn't really considered Green Bay...I like some of the defensive pieces, and Love may be a dude. I kind of wish that they had a guy on offense that was more sure of being a star? I wasn't a big Watson fan, but I think Reed looks to have a good, legit future, but it's too early to know if he has that boom potential. Doubs looks like a guy that will be a reasonably solid #2. 

Hard for me to say the Packers have the best young core in the league when they don't really have a #1 option offensively that you can count on to be elite. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Hard for me to say the Packers have the best young core in the league when they don't really have a #1 option offensively that you can count on to be elite. 

Definitely a good looking future, but without the star on offense and a QB that is clearly getting better but still kind of unsure on, I'm not sure where I'd ultimately have them. Interesting thought though, because as I said, I hadn't even considered them. 

It's hard to see the Lions as a best young core as Goff turns 30 next year and Hendon Hooker is older than Love and FIelds.

Like the thing I would consider most important for "good young core" is "good young quarterback" because those are hard to find and the thing I would consider least important is "good young running back" since there are 4-5 of those per draft.

Edited by PossibleCabbage