2024 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

2 different drafts; ProFootball Network (PFN)

32/ Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona

64/  Ja'Lynn Polk, WR, Washington

95/ Maason Smith, DT, LSU

131/ Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee

Or:

32/Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona

64/ Xavier Legette, WR, S. Carolina

95/ Josh Newton, CB, TCU

131/ MarShawn Lloyd, RB, USC

With the big contract going to Chris Jones, I'm almost sure KC feels comfortable dealing L.Sneed. Without knowing what KC gets for him, here's another mock:

32/ Patrick Paul, OT, Houston; KC really needs an OT with our current OT's committing so many errors and subpar play.

64/ Xavier Legette, WR, S.Carolina; complementary WR to Rashee Rice.

95/ Jared Wiley, TE, TCU; fine pass catching TE to learn behind Travis Kelce.

131/ Kyree Jackson, CB, Oregon; replacement for trading L. Sneed

Edited by mayanfootball

38.Adonai Mitchell - WR Texas

72. Caelen Carson - CB Wake Forest

95. McKinnley Jackson - DT Texas A&M

111. Cade Stover - TE Ohio State

132. Brenden Rice - WR USC

• 2025 TEN 2nd
Edited by EMAW_KSU
Cleaned up

9 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Hollywood Brown knocks WR out of our first two rounds. Turk and Nnadi give us depth at DT. We still need to sign Danna and replace Omenihu.

The need lists have not kept up.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your Hollywood assessment.  Does it give us flexibility absolutely.  But he’s on a 1 year deal.  I would say it HOPEFULLY eliminated a trade up for WR, outside of that more BPA.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with your Hollywood assessment.  Does it give us flexibility absolutely.  But he’s on a 1 year deal.  I would say it HOPEFULLY eliminated a trade up for WR, outside of that more BPA.

I never thought a trade-up was a possibility. We might trade up for a pass rusher or OT but even that is problematic with the number of places needing depth. 

Brown meets our needs for the coming season. It gives us time to assess Moore and Ross without relying on either. A developmental WR or even two is definitely in the cards. What we don't need is one who is ready to play in September.

34 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I never thought a trade-up was a possibility. We might trade up for a pass rusher or OT but even that is problematic with the number of places needing depth. 

Brown meets our needs for the coming season. It gives us time to assess Moore and Ross without relying on either. A developmental WR or even two is definitely in the cards. What we don't need is one who is ready to play in September.

I disagree here.

There is no more important need than OT at this point.

Also there is always injuries to consider. Ross could get injured or even Brown. What if Kelce gets hurt? I also don't trust Skyy Moore more than another drafted WR to develop.

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

I disagree here.

There is no more important need than OT at this point.

Also there is always injuries to consider. Ross could get injured or even Brown. What if Kelce gets hurt? I also don't trust Skyy Moore more than another drafted WR to develop.

I will not argue against a RT though DE is up there. Omenihu may not make it back during the regular season if he is even on the roster. Still, a startable RT is possible where a startable WR is not.

20 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

I will not argue against a RT though DE is up there. Omenihu may not make it back during the regular season if he is even on the roster. Still, a startable RT is possible where a startable WR is not.

Are you thinking Juwaan is moving to LT? If not he's definitely going to be our RT.

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Are you thinking Juwaan is moving to LT? If not he's definitely going to be our RT.

I think that Wanya Morris showed enough that he will be as good as Donovan Smith. It's a fairly low bar. 

I hope that Taylor is better at RT but I would not be against replacing him.

20 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I think that Wanya Morris showed enough that he will be as good as Donovan Smith. It's a fairly low bar. 

I hope that Taylor is better at RT but I would not be against replacing him.

Taylor, minus the ridiculously targeted penalties was better at RT than Wanya  was at LT.

Edited by EMAW_KSU
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

It gives us time to assess Moore and Ross without relying on either.

Assessment time has passed. Either they have it, or we’re looking for people that do. Plain and simple, the idea that Ross= a 1st round pick is over.  Guy can’t get on the field, if he had ANYTHING, he’d have gotten chances last year.

6 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Assessment time has passed. Either they have it, or we’re looking for people that do. Plain and simple, the idea that Ross= a 1st round pick is over.  Guy can’t get on the field, if he had ANYTHING, he’d have gotten chances last year.

It's simply not that plain, particularly with Ross. 

That said, you're right about him not being a 1st-round talent. At best, I might have gone top 50-ish. 

Face the facts:

• Ross is a non-factor for any WR considerations moving forward.
  • Taylor at OT (left or right) set.
  • The other OT is a question mark. Wanya or more? No FA coming in taking over.
  • Omenihu - a question mark, yes. But there is FAU (boom or bust season?), Karlaftis, Herring ... and may be a draft pick? Panic?
  • WR: Rice, Brown, Watson, Moore ... how many more do you want to see on the field? Oh, Toney  ... speed all over the place. If only they catch the ball. A physical guy may be missing  ..

For me: Biggest need now is long term OT ... and 2nd: IOL (looking beyond next year). Then - may be DE and WR.

Edited by KC_Guy

23 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Face the facts:

• Ross is a non-factor for any WR considerations moving forward.
  • Taylor at OT (left or right) set.
  • The other OT is a question mark. Wanya or more? No FA coming in taking over.
  • Omenihu - a question mark, yes. But there is FAU (boom or bust season?), Karlaftis, Herring ... and may be a draft pick? Panic?
  • WR: Rice, Brown, Watson, Moore ... how many more do you want to see on the field? Oh, Toney  ... speed all over the place. If only they catch the ball. A physical guy may be missing  ..

For me: Biggest need now is long term OT ... and 2nd: IOL (looking beyond next year). Then - may be DE and WR.

• Ross may be a nonfactor but that has not been shown. The Chiefs pride themselves on player development
  • Taylor may be set because we cannot eat his contract but that is the only reason. We still need a high-level pick at OT and this is a good year for it.
  • Wanya until further notice. This we at least have information about.
  • Omenihu is known to be out until November at the earliest. We need another DE. Are you saying it should be FAU?
  • Rice, Brown, Watson is all we need at this juncture. Toney's issues have little to do with his ability. What do you mean a physical guy is missing? That's why Watson plays so much. 

Long term the biggest need is TE. There is never enough DL or OL. They will be on the board every year.