2024 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

So, not a college football or draft prospect guy, generally, but wasn't Keon Coleman getting a crazy amount of hype during the season? What happened there.

Also, unrelated note, curious if return ability impacts anybody's stock at some of these positions with the kick return changes.

13 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

So, not a college football or draft prospect guy, generally, but wasn't Keon Coleman getting a crazy amount of hype during the season? What happened there.

Also, unrelated note, curious if return ability impacts anybody's stock at some of these positions with the kick return changes.

People are shying away because he ran a 4.62 at the combine.  Ignoring the fact that he was the only WR to break 20mph in the gauntlet where you actually have to catch the ball…and he hit like 21.4 or something.

Bottom line, might not be your typical burner, but the dude has plenty of go, and is a force in the redzone because of body control and hands. Wouldn’t bat an eye if KC took him at 32 if he’s their highest rated player. I don’t think he has that first step jet, but there’s people were can draft for straight line speed if that’s the game. Or re-sign MVS for vet min.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

People are shying away because he ran a 4.62 at the combine.  

Not my case. Dude can't separate and can't grab contested catches. That's a no-no for me. Everytime I watched FSU I thought, in order, Benson, Wilson and Bell were more impactful than him.

At best, he becomes Michael Pittman but even then that's not a good fit for us as I think our offense prefers burners, YAC guys and route runners who can find the soft spots in zones. Coleman is neither of those, imho.

25 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

YAC guys

Yet you don’t like the guy who’s nickname is “YAC GOD?” All good, I love seeing why people do out don’t like certain prospects, cause those of us who are OPEN TO DISCUSSION, to think about different things.

Same list but different needs lists. 

32: OT Troy Fautanu - Washington
64: WR Devontez Walker - UNC
95: LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr. - Clemson
131: WR Jalen McMillian - Washington
159: OT Christian Jones - Texas
173: EDGE Xavier Thomas - Clemson

Fautanu surprised me but Latham and Guyton went ahead of him. Trotter is too good to turn down.

32: DL Byron Murphy - Texas
64: G Cooper Beebe - Kansas State
95: WR Ricky Pearsall - Florida
131:  TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State
159: LB JD Bertrand - Notre Dame
173: RB Kendall Milton - Georgia

11 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

Yet you don’t like the guy who’s nickname is “YAC GOD?” All good, I love seeing why people do out don’t like certain prospects, cause those of us who are OPEN TO DISCUSSION, to think about different things.

I think Corley can have a role in a NFL offense. But I think he's more Ty Montgomery than Deebo honestly. And with Rice who's already in a similar mold, I don't think he's a great fit for us. I do think we need more X and Z guys. 

On 4/18/2024 at 2:47 AM, TedLavie said:

I think Corley can have a role in a NFL offense. But I think he's more Ty Montgomery than Deebo honestly. And with Rice who's already in a similar mold, I don't think he's a great fit for us. I do think we need more X and Z guys. 

I thought Corley was a better version of Rice in terms of quick twitch.  But like you wasn’t sure we needed a second YAC guy, but seeing as though we still know nothing about how long they’re going to fry Rice for…I certainly wouldn’t hate the idea. I don’t think Ty Montgomery could hold his jock for what is worth.

Who would you take on this board?

WR Keon Coleman - FSU
WR Xavier Worthy - Texas
DL Byron Murphy - Texas
WR Ladd McConkey - Georgia
WR Adonai Mitchell - Texas
OT Graham Barton - Duke
OT Jordan Morgan - Arizona

I went with Murphy.

64: WR Ricky Pearsall - Florida
95: S Javon Bullard - Georgia
131: TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State
159: RB Dillon Johnson - Washington
173: OT Brandon Coleman - TCU

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

Who would you take on this board?

WR Keon Coleman - FSU
WR Xavier Worthy - Texas
DL Byron Murphy - Texas
WR Ladd McConkey - Georgia
WR Adonai Mitchell - Texas
OT Graham Barton - Duke
OT Jordan Morgan - Arizona

I went with Murphy.

64: WR Ricky Pearsall - Florida
95: S Javon Bullard - Georgia
131: TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas State
159: RB Dillon Johnson - Washington
173: OT Brandon Coleman - TCU

If we’re still at 32, probably McConkey. 2 weeks ago it would have been Mitchell but currently the talk about his challenges just sounds too much like Toney, and we don’t have the Receiver room to help that.

If I knew Barton or Morgan would succeed at LT, it might change. But to me the drop off to a player like Persall is greater than the drop off to a player like Patrick Paul or Kris Jenkins.

10 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

If we’re still at 32, probably McConkey. 2 weeks ago it would have been Mitchell but currently the talk about his challenges just sounds too much like Toney, and we don’t have the Receiver room to help that.

If I knew Barton or Morgan would succeed at LT, it might change. But to me the drop off to a player like Persall is greater than the drop off to a player like Patrick Paul or Kris Jenkins.

I admit that I do not get McConkey at this level. Maybe 10 picks lower.

I'll still go DL since Murphy is on board.

Trade: NYG gets #32, #131
Chiefs get #47, #70, 2025 4th

47:  OT Kingsley Suamataia - BYU
64: WR Ja'Lynn Polk - Washington
70: EDGE Austin Booker - Kansas
95: TE Ben Sinnott - Kansas St
159: R5 P24 S Malik Mustapha - Wake Forest
173: G Sataoa Laumea - Utah

Edited by onejayhawk

On 4/22/2024 at 10:57 PM, onejayhawk said:

When drafting, you gotta look over all picks (32 or so) coming up quickly. If there's 1 in the group you're targeting, you better grab him while you can. He may not slide.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 10:57 PM, onejayhawk said:

The thing that makes McConkey a good fit for us, is he likely cuts your 1 year waiting period you like to talk about.  Also contrary to multiple other receivers at this point can play inside or outside, has a complete receiving tree. Unlike most receivers we have that specialize in one skillet.  To not quite as big or explosive as the upper 3, I’ve seen McConkey discussed as the 4th best WR, even saw a couple scouts talk about how competitors needed to trade ahead of KC if this looked like it was possible.