2024 Bears Strategy

JibjeResearch

The Bears have $75 Million Cap space after releasing OC Whitehair. (Update Correction)

1. Sign CB Johnson ($16M)

2. Sign OC ($10M)

3. Sign WR ($15M)

The Bears are left with $34 Million for other players.

The DRAFT

1. Trade the 1st Overall for 3x 1st rounders and 2x 2nd rounders or equivalent.

2. Add best available players.

I really think the Bears should be able to fight for the last playoff spot (with or without a new head coach/staffs).  However, I do want Jim Harbaugh.  The Bears did poorly this season because of injuries and coaching ability.

Edited by JibjeResearch
Correct numbers and strategy

On 12/7/2023 at 9:59 AM, JibjeResearch said:

The Bears have $75 Million Cap space after releasing OC Whitehair. (Update Correction)

1. Sign CB Johnson ($16M)

2. Sign OC ($10M)

3. Sign WR ($15M)

The Bears are left with $34 Million for other players.

The DRAFT

1. Trade the 1st Overall for 3x 1st rounders and 2x 2nd rounders or equivalent.

2. Add best available players.

I really think the Bears should be able to fight for the last playoff spot (with or without a new head coach/staffs).  However, I do want Jim Harbaugh.  The Bears did poorly this season because of injuries and coaching ability.

More details of the strategy to win next year.

1. Get one of these WRs (Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Mike Evans) for under $18M

2. And one of these OC (Conner Williams, Andre James, Lloyd Cushenberry) for under $10M, the Offense should be good to go.  If JF1 can't win, dump him.  This should leave around $30M for the rest of the team...assuming CB Johnson gets a transition tag or signs for $16M.

Then trade the 1st Overall and draft a WR and DE in the first round and add depth to the team.

The Bears should compete for the Division... or fire JF1 and the coaching staffs and rebuild the team.

39 minutes ago, JibjeResearch said:

More details of the strategy to win next year.

1. Get one of these WRs (Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Mike Evans) for under $18M

2. And one of these OC (Conner Williams, Andre James, Lloyd Cushenberry) for under $10M, the Offense should be good to go.  If JF1 can't win, dump him.  This should leave around $30M for the rest of the team...assuming CB Johnson gets a transition tag or signs for $16M.

Then trade the 1st Overall and draft a WR and DE in the first round and add depth to the team.

The Bears should compete for the Division... or fire JF1 and the coaching staffs and rebuild the team.

I don't think these numbers are realistic. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Can stagger cap hits. Remember they usually get half their guaranteed cash up front so even if their cap hit is low in 2024 they're still getting banked up that year.

But for AAV, definitely not

That's what I was more referring to. Those players are gonna get paid.

I wonder if stadium issues or outlays will make them a little cash poor for a time.  

Value on paper is not same thing as easily accessible liquid assets and cash.   They may have to rely on a lot of credit.  

May keep them from doing the big cash upfront cap friendly deals.  

On the Bears vs the Browns.

JF1 wasn't great, but he made enough plays.  Other players didn't help him!

The Offense lacked concentration on the details.  The Defense failed at the end again.  The Bears found ways to lose.

Folks, this is leadership issues.

Bring in Jim Harbaugh!  The Bears can not win big games with Flus and staffs!

Get JF1 OC1, WR2, WR3, and TE2.

Add depth... 

Jim Harbaugh will provide the right leadership for the Bears!

1 minute ago, JibjeResearch said:

On the Bears vs the Browns.

JF1 wasn't great, but he made enough plays.  Other players didn't help him!

The Offense lacked concentration on the details.  The Defense failed at the end again.  The Bears found ways to lose.

Folks, this is leadership issues.

Bring in Jim Harbaugh!  The Bears can not win big games with Flus and staffs!

Get JF1 OC1, WR2, WR3, and TE2.

Add depth... 

Jim Harbaugh will provide the right leadership for the Bears!

He did? If it wasn't for an INT that got the Bears to the 1, they would've scored 3 points

Pretend Tonyan catches his pass. That's 6 or 10 points offensively

Nobody was good today, not even close. No one was fine or decent either

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He did? If it wasn't for an INT that got the Bears to the 1, they would've scored 3 points

Jim Harbaugh would have won the game!  He will provide the right yelling/bitching/screaming to produce the win!  Great leaders fix stuffs like that and find ways to win!

3 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I missed the entire first half but the offense was atrocious for the second half. Execution was the issue though, not talent. Fields played poorly, they didn't try to get outside near enough (gotta get away from turnstile Patrick) and Getsy was stupid enough to try to be aggressive with 15+ yard routes when the OL couldn't hold the rush back. IDK why this team wants to constantly pass it deep or laterally (usually 5 yards from the LOS to behind it). I mean can they throw one in the ******* middle of the field? Can they involve anyone over the middle? They were like 1/10 on passes over 20 yards today. Why keep trying what isn't working?

I'm getting flashbacks of Nagy saying, "I'm not an idiot."

And Fields was bad from what I saw, only completed 1-2 passes over 10 yards in the whole half. Fields isn't Brady or Brees, he isn't precise and can't read a defense near that fast. Get him moving, simplify the offense, and if it isn't there - run. If there isn't a running lane, throw it TF  away.

These are the games that scare me away from Fields. He can't seem to elevate his team much, and it's yet another sub-21 point game.

Not a question of whether we should or shouldn’t here, but IF we’re inclined to trade down from 1 and stick with Fields, what’s your ideal grouping for the draft order?

For me it’s gotta NE at 2 and WSH at 3. Howell is JAG IMO. WSH has new ownership and will have a new coaching staff and will want to make a splash add at QB IMO. NE may also be in the same situation, but I’m inclined to believe the new owner will be more willing to jump to 1 than Bob Kraft. 

I can’t see New England trading up and I don’t think it’s a given they take a QB in the first round, either. That team is completely devoid of talent. I could see them going the vet route with a mid round rookie to groom. 

For what it’s worth, I saw my first rumor of Belichick to LAC today. That would definitely shake things up a little.