2024 Bears Strategy

JibjeResearch

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not a question of whether we should or shouldn’t here, but IF we’re inclined to trade down from 1 and stick with Fields, what’s your ideal grouping for the draft order?

For me it’s gotta NE at 2 and WSH at 3. Howell is JAG IMO. WSH has new ownership and will have a new coaching staff and will want to make a splash add at QB IMO. NE may also be in the same situation, but I’m inclined to believe the new owner will be more willing to jump to 1 than Bob Kraft. 

While unrealistic I would prefer to trade to 2, then trade to 3-5. NE has had more draft-day trades than anyone since Bill got there and it isn't even close. So I do fully believe Kraft will stay out of it and let the football guys do their jobs - whether its Bill or someone else. Now going from 1 to 2 isn't netting anything like the CAR trade, but a pair of firsts (2024 and 2025 OR 2026) or 1.2 and a 2nd in 2024 I believe would be in the cards. I mean draft chart values aside, getting the top QB is worth it. If Fields or Tru were franchise guys then no one complains about the trades up for them, same as Lance if he plays like Purdy in SF. 

At that point you need to look at whether you value MHJ or Fashanu/Alt as significantly better than anyone else of if they are in the same group of blue chip talents. If you think Nabers is close then you trade down, or if you think Jones needs to kick inside and you want a higher ceiling LT then who fits? Jones will never be Trent Williams but he is the best LT the Bears have had since Tait by a small margin (I do believe he is better overall than Leno or Bushrod). I personally like Nabers, Bowers, Fashanu and Alt all a bit less than MHJ but I think they're all high end talents so I would try to worm down with AZ at 3 (I'm assuming they want MHJ), then look at 4-5 (assuming CHI kicks themselves back with another win)-6. Most likely I try to get a small bidding war between WAS and NYG for QB2, and hope they're overbidding to keep a divisional rival from getting that potential franchise QB. And I would refer to just keep it at picks for them rather than players. McLaurin would be a hell of a duo with Moore and Allen has a ton of talent but Terry is making $24mil and Allen has been a ghost the last few times I saw him. I'm going to assume Dexter Lawrence if off the table because I'm too old for the Make A Wish and Andrew Thomas is off the table because they would want to protect potential franchise QB, so I'd rather just take picks and take the best deal. 

Draft the best of my blue chip group and if I'm lucky I may get 2 with the trade back and my own pick, plus add more picks from 2 trade downs. More likely I think only WAS or NYG make the trade but adds significant capital as they go from 1.3-1.5 to 1.1. 

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Not a question of whether we should or shouldn’t here, but IF we’re inclined to trade down from 1 and stick with Fields, what’s your ideal grouping for the draft order?

For me it’s gotta NE at 2 and WSH at 3. Howell is JAG IMO. WSH has new ownership and will have a new coaching staff and will want to make a splash add at QB IMO. NE may also be in the same situation, but I’m inclined to believe the new owner will be more willing to jump to 1 than Bob Kraft. 

I would go far back as anyone is willing and collect more draft picks.

There are many good 6'3" or 6'4" WRs.  One of those bigWRs would have made 1 or 2 catches that Mooney missed.

Get an OC1 and add depth to the OL... then add depth to the rest.

12 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

i think WSH has an extra 2nd this year they might be willing to trade us

13 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I can’t see New England trading up and I don’t think it’s a given they take a QB in the first round, either. That team is completely devoid of talent. I could see them going the vet route with a mid round rookie to groom. 

For what it’s worth, I saw my first rumor of Belichick to LAC today. That would definitely shake things up a little. 

There has seemingly been rumors of Murray to NE for forever, even before the extension. I don't get why nor do I know where they came from. I think the contract is too much to trade, but if not, maybe Murray goes to NE. Maybe Garoppolo even goes back if Belichick stays when Vegas inevitably cuts his sorry ***

13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Going down 1 or 2 spots is my preference. Washington would probably LOVE to bring Williams home. However I think Washington finishes with 5 wins which will probably be the 5th or 6th pick. They'll likely beat NYJ this weekend

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

lolz ahahahahhah🤣😂  Yep, that was me at the beginning of the season lolz🤣

When I predicted a 10-7, I was assuming the players will be healthy and the Defense will be playing like they are right now.

I also said that a 7-10, 8-9 would be a disappointing season.

What I didn't expect was how bad/inconsistent the coaching is throughout the season.

I'm keeping FJ1, trade the 1stOverall for a boatload of draft picks, and go get Jim Harbaugh.

In his final college season, Player A played 13 games and completed 68 percent of his passes for just under 3800 yards, 30 TDs and 6 INTs, adding 308 rushing yards on 93 attempts and another 5 TDs. 

In his final college season, Player B played 12 games and completed 63 percent of his passes for 3600 yards, 24 TDs and 9 INTs. He added 449 rushing yards on 112 attempts and 9 TDs

Is either player good enough to draft? Which player do you want?

Edited by chisoxguy7

19 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

In his final college season, Player A played 13 games and completed 68 percent of his passes for just under 3800 yards, 30 TDs and 6 INTs, adding 308 rushing yards on 93 attempts and another 5 TDs. 

In his final college season, Player B played 12 games and completed 63 percent of his passes for 3600 yards, 24 TDs and 9 INTs. He added 449 rushing yards on 112 attempts and 9 TDs

I want Caleb Williams if they do take a QB, and neither Player A or B are him, so neither

5 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

(Nothing against you personally, just a rant)

I hate these because numbers can be SO inflated due to system in college and the massove variability in talent (surrounding and competition). I despise Bo Nix as a prospect and have him as a 6th-7th round prospect but if you look at his base stats it doesn't show he just gets quick reads and is one of (if not the top) top in the nation in YAC. He's a taller Colt Brennan with a far more suspect deep ball, or a Dollar General Colt McCoy. But people gave projected him as a 2nd-3rd or even sneaking into the first. I'd rather trade a 5th for Mac ******* Jones to be the back up than spend a 3rd on Nix.   Lol

Just now, Sugashane said:

(Nothing against you personally, just a rant)

I hate these because numbers can be SO inflated due to system in college and the massove variability in talent (surrounding and competition). I despise Bo Nix as a prospect and have him as a 6th-7th round prospect but if you look at his base stats it doesn't show he just gets quick reads and is one of (if not the top) top in the nation in YAC. He's a taller Colt Brennan with a far more suspect deep ball, or a Dollar General Colt McCoy. But people gave projected him as a 2nd-3rd or even sneaking into the first. I'd rather trade a 5th for Mac ******* Jones to be the back up   Lol

If it makes you feel any better, Player A is Mitch and Player B is Drake Maye. Products of a system in a weaker conference

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If it makes you feel any better, Player A is Mitch and Player B is Drake Maye. Products of a system in a weaker conference

One positive for Maye is at least having two years if being the starter, not sitting behind a guy who had no business being in draft talks for years.