2024 Bears Strategy

JibjeResearch

57 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

With less resources you need to get talent around Caleb first and foremost then see what you have left for the defence. 

This is the sticking point for me. I'm at the point where I see the merits of both keeping Fields or drafting Williams, but I start to get annoyed when the Williams crowd acts like we wouldn't have significantly greater draft resources from trading down from #1. A trade down from 1 versus trading Fields do not bring the same return **at all**

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

This is the sticking point for me. I'm at the point where I see the merits of both keeping Fields or drafting Williams, but I start to get annoyed when the Williams crowd acts like we wouldn't have significantly greater draft resources from trading down from #1. A trade down from 1 versus trading Fields do not bring the same return **at all**

Yeah for me if we trade Fields and move down from #9 then we can create more picks...but there is no doubt that trading down from #1 would create more valuable picks.

OC Waldron knows what to do, I think it's a good match to unlock the long bombs from JF1.

Now get another WR1, C, and G. 

Hopefully Flus will fix his 2-minutes defense lolz😁

OHHH BTW ...  We are trading the 1stOverall lolz ahahaha🤣

Edited by JibjeResearch

1 hour ago, JibjeResearch said:

OC Waldron knows what to do, I think it's a good match to unlock the long bombs from JF1.

Now get another WR1, C, and G. 

Hopefully Flus will fix his 2-minutes defense lolz😁

OHHH BTW ...  We are trading the 1stOverall lolz ahahaha🤣

what are you going to do when Fields gets traded for a 2nd and a 5th and they draft Caleb?  

7 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Just ctrl+F and Find/Replace all variations of "Justin Fields" for "Caleb Williams" in his code

While you’re at it, also replace all variations of “lulzzzzzz ahahhahahaha” with a simple lol or haha.

• Like 5

I was going to write a similar article here.  

This is question we will face if our new OC does good. Which yes is a good problem relatively speaking. But why invite problems you know will come if circumstances are met? 

Edited by dll2000

‪Great points. But many good OCs fail as HCs. Part of that is it is a 32 team tournament and not everyone can win. Part is they just can’t CEO. It is a different skill set.  Maybe the future answer is they stay OC under a CEO, but are more highly paid and autonomous.  ‬  ‬

12 hours ago, howru8888 said:

Who says no to this 3 way trade:

bears receive: Diggs, bills 4th rd pick, Falcons 2025 2nd Round pick 

bills get: Bears 2024 4th rd pick, Falcons 2024 2nd round pick

Falcons get: Justin Fields

probably the bills. not sure how CHI gets away trading JF and a 4th for Diggs and a 2nd and a 4th. I think it's far more likely JF goes for just the 2/4

25 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

probably the bills. not sure how CHI gets away trading JF and a 4th for Diggs and a 2nd and a 4th. I think it's far more likely JF goes for just the 2/4

Yea I don't see why Bills would want to get rid of Diggs for a 2nd & 4th. Makes no sense for them unless he really demands out of there

• Like 1

13 hours ago, howru8888 said:

Who says no to this 3 way trade:

bears receive: Diggs, bills 4th rd pick, Falcons 2025 2nd Round pick 

bills get: Bears 2024 4th rd pick, Falcons 2024 2nd round pick

Falcons get: Justin Fields

Bills say no is what I'd guess. Diggs is a stud so a 2nd and 4th is light for him IMO. Plus the dead money in trading him would be like $30mil. 

Bears  would be stupid not to jump at it. Giving up Fields for Diggs straight up would be an automatic win for CHI, as would Fields and a 4th for Diggs. To do it and get a future 2nd is a coup. 

ATL gives up a 2nd in 24 and 25 for Fields. I personally don't think Fields is quite worth that but keeping 1.8 is the more important thing. They can either get help for Fields there or recoup picks by moving back. I could see them making the desal if they viewed Fields highly, and I do believe if Fields was their QB they likely win the NFC South.

On 1/22/2024 at 9:46 AM, TankWilliams said:

what are you going to do when Fields gets traded for a 2nd and a 5th and they draft Caleb?  

Nothing, but I don't think the Bears will trade JF1.  Many medias think the Bears will draft a QB in the 1stRound, and I think they don't understand the Bears.  Here's why.

The 1stOverall brings in more picks, more resources to build the Bears stronger.  It's a better futurist decision than trading JF1.

I think Waldron's offense is about 60% to 70% similar to Getsy's.  The difference lies in the play calling and the preference of the plays. 

The Bears lost 3 close games in the 4thQ.  The play calling and personnel match up can win the 1st down (not having to depend on the Defense) and won those games.  This is where Waldron is better than Getsy because of the experience.  This is all the Bears need to fix in addition to adding a WR1, a C, and a G to make the offense better.  This is a simple fix, easier than bringing in the new QB.

I would be surprised if Poles trades JF1 because he believes more picks build the Bears better/faster.