Don't You Dare MOCK Us!

vike daddy

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i knew what Junior meant. we'd have a pick in Rnd 2 and a pick in Rnd 3.

Be right back, Junior Junior needs a diaper change lol

Total brain fart too. The 3rd round is still day 2🤪

Edited by SteelKing728
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vike daddy said:

hey guys, as Acting GM of the Vikings in our GM Mock Draft forum Last Chance Mock, we could have a pick coming up later today or tonight, if we make a trade.

we have the following picks:

1.8 JJ McCarthy

the other GM's are drafting in the 20's of the 1st round right now, and we don't have a 2nd round pick.

but do we want to trade in to the 2nd round later on? that's where you get to chime in on your views... and that includes @Ozzy.

some possible trade values:
** packaging 3.74 and 3.79 would get us up around 2.50 or so
** packaging 3.79 and 4.109 would get us up around 2.63 or so
** packaging 3.79 and 4.109 and 5.157 would get us up around 2.54 or so

let me know what you think.

Do what you want man, trading up for JJ freaking McCarthy I would never be on board for.  And yes kind of stinks does it not to have so few options now, and that is not even considering 2025.  Or in the fantasy world the Vikings traded what just two 1st rounders to move up, again not sure that would ever be a reality.

Lose out on a lot of value and quality and having to trade back up into the 2nd when you already were in the bottom of the 1st, seems odd especially if a QB would have just fell right to you anyway.  But do what you wish I am against it from the start 😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

But do what you wish I am against it from the start 😁

whatever. i thought maybe you'd like to be involved from this point on as your input would be valued, but... well... whatever.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Do what you want man, trading up for JJ freaking McCarthy I would never be on board for.  And yes kind of stinks does it not to have so few options now, and that is not even considering 2025.  Or in the fantasy world the Vikings traded what just two 1st rounders to move up, again not sure that would ever be a reality.

Lose out on a lot of value and quality and having to trade back up into the 2nd when you already were in the bottom of the 1st, seems odd especially if a QB would have just fell right to you anyway.  But do what you wish I am against it from the start 😁

Imagine getting so bent out of shape over a mock draft. 

• Like 7

Bruce Feldman of The Athletic has the Vikings trading up from #11 to #4 and drafting McCarthy. But he also has the Vikings trading up from #23 to #17 to draft Jared Verse. 

He doesn’t give details for his proposed trades, so I have no idea how he thinks he’d manage that, but I for one would be elated with that outcome. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Bruce Feldman of The Athletic has the Vikings trading up from #11 to #4 and drafting McCarthy. But he also has the Vikings trading up from #23 to #17 to draft Jared Verse. 

He doesn’t give details for his proposed trades, so I have no idea how he thinks he’d manage that, but I for one would be elated with that outcome. 

That would be quite a feat, although I'd have to imagine they'd have to probably give up the 2026 1st as well to accomplish that in one of those trades.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That would be quite a feat, although I'd have to imagine they'd have to probably give up the 2026 1st as well to accomplish that in one of those trades.

From a value standpoint I can piece together a trade that could get the team up from 11 to 4 without giving up 23. But in doing that, I don’t know what you’d have left to swing a deal to go from 23 to 17. 

• Like 1

i've made another trade in the GM Mock Draft forum's Last Chance Mock Draft, with Seattle:

MINN trades:

SEA trades:

i'm pushing our assets forward for potential trading up in to the 2nd and 3rd rounds. in this Mock, the salary cap is not an issue, so the better players you can get, the better.

Vikings now have two 3rd round picks and three high 4th round picks to bargain with....

@swede700

Last-Chance-Mock-MINN-picks-v-3.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I mean, if you believe in verse, why not deal next year's first? Get the guy a year earlier....

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i've made another trade in the GM Mock Draft forum's Last Chance Mock Draft, with Seattle:

MINN trades:

SEA trades:

i'm pushing our assets forward for potential trading up in to the 2nd and 3rd rounds. in this Mock, the salary cap is not an issue, so the better players you can get, the better.

Vikings now have two 3rd round picks and three high 4th round picks to bargain with....

@swede700

Last-Chance-Mock-MINN-picks-v-3.jpg

Since I'm stepping in for VD today...both 3rd rounders could get us to maybe 50 at best, if we do the first 3rd rd pick and the 2nd 4th, we could probably get to the bottom of the 2nd.  What are people's thoughts?

52 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I mean, if you believe in verse, why not deal next year's first? Get the guy a year earlier....

Of course. But there’s no way you’re getting up to #4 without using next year’s 1st if you want to keep #23. And that trade up to 4, if it includes next year’s 1st, is also going to cost you at least your two 4th rounders. So, what is he using to move up from 23 to 17? That’s the part I don’t get. 

9 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Of course. But there’s no way you’re getting up to #4 without using next year’s 1st if you want to keep #23. And that trade up to 4, if it includes next year’s 1st, is also going to cost you at least your two 4th rounders. So, what is he using to move up from 23 to 17? That’s the part I don’t get. 

Kwesi is never going to have a 2nd rd pick again.  😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Since I'm stepping in for VD today...both 3rd rounders could get us to maybe 50 at best, if we do the first 3rd rd pick and the 2nd 4th, we could probably get to the bottom of the 2nd.  What are people's thoughts?

my thought is don't trade both 3rd's because then we won't have a 3rd when we get to that round.

trade one 3rd and two of the 4th's?

that could get us anywhere between #52 and #55 or so

Edited by vike daddy