Week 15 - Bears @ Browns GDT

HuskieBear

11 hours ago, Epyon said:

Another thought regarding Flus, is that this loss might have cost his job.

The big thing to hang the hat on was the "defense is playing well"...

Joe Flacco left the retirement home to walk in and drop almost 400 yards on our defense in the rain, for a multi score comeback victory.

Much of that is on the offense as well, because they where garbo today.... but the defense isn't blameless here either.

There are a handful of games this year where you could lay the loss at his feet, but I've really come aroudn to the Bears keeping him. Not because I think he's a good coach (where would you rank him in division?) but because he has a great excuse of "I've improved the defense, but it's the QB holding us back" which will probably work on the McCaskeys. 

46 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

There are a handful of games this year where you could lay the loss at his feet, but I've really come aroudn to the Bears keeping him. Not because I think he's a good coach (where would you rank him in division?) but because he has a great excuse of "I've improved the defense, but it's the QB holding us back" which will probably work on the McCaskeys. 

Hopefully it's not those clowns making the decision. Regardless of whether he stays or not it needs to be Warren (and Poles if he stays as I expect) making football decisions.

3 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I mean I hope Warren and Poles are smart enough to not fall for that kind of reasoning

Ya ok the defense has improved but so what?..our offense still stinks for the most part and regularly cannot take advantage of the good play from the defense 

Getsy has been a disaster and that falls squarely on Flus for hiring an inexperienced guy like him to try and 'develop' Fields

You also have the disaster hire of Alan Williams who was later let go for misconduct and another coach on the staff, I forget his name but I believe was the RBs coach was let go too for similar reasoning...

For me that's way too many red flags no matter how solid the defensive turnaround has been since Flus has taken over 

I trust that a new head coach with solid connections would be able to hire a competent DC that wouldn't miss a beat with these same players on D

Flus has just had way too many slip ups plus 4th quarter choke jobs for me to trust him as the head coach moving forward 

Edited by topwop1

57 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I mean I hope Warren and Poles are smart enough to not fall for that kind of reasoning

Ya ok the defense has improved but so what?..our offense still stinks for the most part and regularly cannot take advantage of the good play from the defense 

Getsy has been a disaster and that falls squarely on Flus for hiring an inexperienced guy like him to try and 'develop' Fields

You also have the disaster hire of Alan Williams who was later let go for misconduct and another coach on the staff, I forget his name but I believe was the RBs coach was let go too for similar reasoning...

For me that's way too many red flags no matter how solid the defensive turnaround has been since Flus has taken over 

I trust that a new head coach with solid connections would be able to hire a competent DC that wouldn't miss a beat with these same players on D

Flus has just had way too many slip ups plus 4th quarter choke jobs for me to trust him as the head coach moving forward 

As much as I am on the fence about JF1 I agree with you here. There have just been far too many missteps for him to continue here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I think it is a bit of an overstatement to say the defence has improved but so what...you need defence to win anything and Flus has without doubt done an outstanding job on that side of the ball with both performance and the development of many of these young players...

I do agree the 4th Quarter screw-ups are the most concerning part of him as an HC for me and would be the main reason for me if we did move on from him (as much as I don't think we will at this point to be honest).

What I really don't want is for us to move on from Fields & give Flus a rookie QB...if we are going to move on from Fields then move on from Flus and pair Williams or Maye with an offensive minded HC who will understand their skill sets fully.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it is a bit of an overstatement to say the defence has improved but so what...you need defence to win anything and Flus has without doubt done an outstanding job on that side of the ball with both performance and the development of many of these young players...

I do agree the 4th Quarter screw-ups are the most concerning part of him as an HC for me and would be the main reason for me if we did move on from him (as much as I don't think we will at this point to be honest).

What I really don't want is for us to move on from Fields & give Flus a rookie QB...if we are going to move on from Fields then move on from Flus and pair Williams or Maye with an offensive minded HC who will understand their skill sets fully.

The defensive improvement is impressive for sure, and if Eberflus was the DC I would say great job (and somehow should hire him as a HC, right?)  The bad hires (2 mysteries, 1 very not mysterious Getsy) coupled with the historically unlikely losses are what's got me out on him although I agree the Bears could very well talk their way  into keeping him (At least the losses were close, George!)

I said to my pal after the game, fire Getsy directly into the sun,  fire Flus with extreme prejudice, and gently fire Fields as you walk him to a nice hire car sitting in the Halas parking lot. 

On 12/17/2023 at 12:13 PM, beardown3231 said:

His left foot hit down in bounds and then his right toes hit. Good TD

the nfl actually has a weird rule regarding this. if you toe tap then your foot lands out of bounds it counts as a step in  bounds. but if you step with one part of your foot inbounds then another steps out of bounds (ie toe taps but heel lands out) its considered out of bounds. think of taking two steps towards the sidelines and one lands in normally then the second step is heel but then the toe lands out - that's considered out of bounds

i watched this game at a bar in downtown denver and i hate it. the regulars there are like a facebook group comment section. there was someone wearing a bagent, sanborn, and gill jersey. people were yelling about challenging scoring plays. it was the most obnoxious place. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

i watched this game at a bar in downtown denver and i hate it. the regulars there are like a facebook group comment section. there was someone wearing a bagent, sanborn, and gill jersey. people were yelling about challenging scoring plays. it was the most obnoxious place. 

All on one jersey?  Seems a bit much.

• Like 2