Week 15 GDT: Cowboys @ Bills - Keep The Streak Alive

D82

53 minutes ago, TVScout said:

If Quinn is so smart then how did Parsons get neutralized by the Bills?

How did they beat our entire pass rush, not just Parsons. 

it’s easy, they ran the damn ball down our throats. When you run for nearly 300 yards, you don’t need to throw the ball, thus negating the pass rush.

this is the one glaring weakness to Quinn’s Defense over the last few years, inability to stop the run. 

55 minutes ago, TVScout said:

You’re right, he should probably have 3 sacks every game

For that matter if it weren’t for our idiot coaching staff the Cowboys would probably win 3 Super Bowls every year 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TVScout said:

We got beat badly on Sunday. The Bills are a good team, but no one is exempt from blame. It was bad all around. I’m not here to defend what happened to our defense this week.

But Micah Parsons has been perhaps *the* most impactful defensive player in football since entering the league. To use one game, where the opposing team completely switched their tendencies, as proof that “Quinn doesn’t know how to use Micah”… again, lmfao.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We got beat badly on Sunday. The Bills are a good team, but no one is exempt from blame. It was bad all around. I’m not here to defend what happened to our defense this week.

But Micah Parsons has been perhaps *the* most impactful defensive player in football since entering the league. To use one game, where the opposing team completely switched their tendencies, as proof that “Quinn doesn’t know how to use Micah”… again, lmfao.

I think people forget even HOF players don't light up every single game. 

14 hours ago, TVScout said:

The Bills used the same play all game. Quinn failed to make adjustments at half time. That is bad coaching.

I don’t even know why I am bothering.

If you think Quinn coached a bad game, to that I say again, “no one is exempt from blame. It was bad all around. I’m not here to defend what happened to our defense this week.”

But this was not your original assertion, and this new comment is a bad faith moving of the goal posts. 

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

.... bad faith moving of the goal posts.

No  it is not. Quinn put Micah out at the edge and kept him there even though it wasn't working because the Bills could run the other way. Quinn doesn't seem to realize Parsons is more effective blitzing from inside the box. 

32 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Smarter. He didn't lose the game. The fumble at the goal line lost the game.

I don't mean to single you out.

But fans and people make this type of comment all the time. No if we scored a FG or a TD, that doesn't mean the exact same play call(s) and strategy would have played like it did. So many play calls could have or would have been different. It just can't be assumed the game would have played out in the same manner.

12 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

So many play calls could have or would have been different.

Those differences would have been marginal at most. The true measure of an offense is average yards per play. It  is extremely doubtful Miami would have been more efficient on offense. Virtually every play on every down called by every coach is designed to gain maximum yardage or points. There is no magic wand to make an offense more efficient. The effect on the game clock must be taken into account also.