Steelers Christmas Classics: Week 15 GDT vs Pats

43M

3 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I literally just said part of my complaint was that abortion of a play was to Eli Rogers and you criticized me for it,  then you agree that the play was stupid not to be to a better player.

LMAO.

Its part of your complaint, it's my only one with that play because Rogers shouldn't even be on this team.

3 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This is just painful.

to me not as painful as previous mainly due to the new D scheme  after years of insanity and what appears to be improvement and like I said I want to win RD2 if we have one.

The rule should be like I said above, makes more sense, but still doesn't mean we win. In the end, the pass rush wasn't enough and leaving Gronk 1 on 1 in the end zone with Davis isn't good.  This is where a shutdown corner earns his $. If the Chiefs play the pats, I would expect Revis or Peters to cover gronk . Also , you can't defend the perfect pass, so that is where the pass rush helps.  

If we play the pats again do we win? Not sure what to think but more hopeful than in recent years. 

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Its part of your complaint, it's my only one with that play because Rogers shouldn't even be on this team.

well, since I'm an "idiot" and a "chump", and we agree on that part of the play,  following some logic here, you must be an idiot and a chump too, right?   43M and Blaq will call you out for it if they aren't raging hypocrites.

Just now, SlevinKelevra said:

well, since I'm an "idiot" and a "chump", and we agree on that part of the play, you're an idiot and a chump too.   43M and Blaq will call you out for it if they aren't raging hypocrites.

Your baiting has gotten old.

Just now, August4th said:

watching live it looked like james had the ball and made a football move

at worse that's a fumble recovered by james for a TD... do refs just look at slow-mo on these reviews?

Yes.  They consider it all one chain and that he never completed a football move.

look here's the thing

without brown for most of the game

without shazier and haden

coming up against an angry pats team after getting towelled by miami and an especially angry and huge rob gronkowski after missing a week

we lost the game by three huge any given sunday moments - davis missing the int, the rule on the james touchdown, ben's interception. if davis can corral the ball, if james is given the TD, and if the ball bounces anywhere other than "straight in to duron harmon" then we have worst case scenario overtime (ben's int) and then the best case is a win

we did a lot of good things, played aggressive in man, got pressure to brady, unleashed plays on new england's D when we had to, and showed a lot of different looks, one of which led to an interception to williams

the key to me is with haden back if we face them in the playoffs we can show even more looks and shut them down on the outside even better - and yes if they meet it'll be more than likely at foxborough (there are so many reasons i'd kill for a buffalo win against the pats next week but it won't happen), and that is tough, but we got a lot out of this game, and i'm more confident of our chances as a result - because i didn't think that we'd be anywhere near three any given sunday moments from winning.

3 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

well, since I'm an "idiot" and a "chump", and we agree on that part of the play, you're an idiot and a chump too.   43M and Blaq will call you out for it if they aren't raging hypocrites.

I missed the part where all he does is make stupid posts and bash Tomlin like you do.

THAT is why youre an idiot....not just this one thing.   If I thought you were an intelligent poster with logical reasoning, Id DISCUSS it with you....but youve proven time and time again you are, at best, a borderline troll, and thats why youre widely considered a joke on here.

3 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

look here's the thing

without brown for most of the game

without shazier and haden

coming up against an angry pats team after getting towelled by miami and an especially angry and huge rob gronkowski after missing a week

we lost the game by three huge any given sunday moments - davis missing the int, the rule on the james touchdown, ben's interception. if davis can corral the ball, if james is given the TD, and if the ball bounces anywhere other than "straight in to duron harmon" then we have worst case scenario overtime (ben's int) and then the best case is a win

we did a lot of good things, played aggressive in man, got pressure to brady, unleashed plays on new england's D when we had to, and showed a lot of different looks, one of which led to an interception to williams

the key to me is with haden back if we face them in the playoffs we can show even more looks and shut them down on the outside even better - and yes if they meet it'll be more than likely at foxborough (there are so many reasons i'd kill for a buffalo win against the pats next week but it won't happen), and that is tough, but we got a lot out of this game, and i'm more confident of our chances as a result - because i didn't think that we'd be anywhere near three any given sunday moments from winning.

Pats can say the same thing wrt injuries etc, maybe not a severe.

In the end, our pass rush wasn't enough and we can't cover gronk. This is where Revis enters the pic, and lets see if the chiefs play the pats and beat them again as they did before without Revis. If we had a shutdown CB, this game could have been different. Do we put Haden on Gronk if we play them in the playoffs.

Archived