Steelers Christmas Classics: Week 15 GDT vs Pats

43M

Just now, 3rivers said:

are there links to these two stumbling? I could use humour for a bit of laughter 

Just go through their twitter.  They both responded one with "well it's the rule" and "got to do more".  Neither can really explain why it isn't a football move or why the play isn't over when he breaks the plane.

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Just go through their twitter.  They both responded one with "well it's the rule" and "got to do more".  Neither can really explain why it isn't a football move or why the play isn't over when he breaks the plane.

why not  make it a catch then fumble then recovery or at least a catch with the ball spotted where it was when the one knee hit  the ground.

There was alot of good to take from this game.

If it werent for the stupid overturn based on a stupid rule, I couldve handled the loss much better (even though it would still hurt bad).

I do think we just watched our best chance of going to the Superbowl slip away, but at least we proved we belonged on the same field....which is more than I can say for other times we have faced them.

9 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

why not  make it a catch then fumble then recovery or at least a catch with the ball spotted where it was when the one knee hit  the ground.

Wouldn’t be a fumble at that point because the play would have been over as soon as the ball crossed the goaline if it was ruled a catch.

10 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

None of that even matters because I still never saw definitive proof that the ball ever touched the ground.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

There was alot of good to take from this game.

If it werent for the stupid overturn based on a stupid rule, I couldve handled the loss much better (even though it would still hurt bad).

I do think we just watched our best chance of going to the Superbowl slip away, but at least we proved we belonged on the same field....which is more than I can say for other times we have faced them.

We will have Joe Haden and (hopefully) AB back for the next game. 

I don''t even know what to say right now.  I feel pretty comfident right now that even with the potential rematch being in foxboro, it will be a better game than we've seen in the past in the playoffs.  Hopefully Haden is able to play like he did before the injury when he gets back because that should allow them to put more of a focus on Gronk.

At the end of the day we know BB is going to come up with some adjustments for the rematch, lets hope we can do the same on our side.

Archived