Steelers Christmas Classics: Week 15 GDT vs Pats

43M

20 minutes ago, August4th said:

hoping we see a lot from Bryant in the next two games with brown out...him and juju growth in the next 2 wks will be crucial for the postseason

It seems like Bryant is getting more and more confident. I think he breaks out in the post season, balls out next year, signs a mega deal with someone else after that. Hopefully he wins two super bowls with us. 

2 hours ago, iothar said:

It does if he has never established himself as having possession.

Regardless, Pitt should have won that game. Juju and bell gashed the Patriots minus AB. I almost felt like the Steelers played better without AB because Bell just couldn't be stopped.

It's my opinion that he established possession by intentionally guiding the ball over the goaline. Obviously that's not the rule for possession but that's what we're debating.

45 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

We need to milk the clock to keep their offense off the field altogether, much like we did tonight.

I really hope they activate Brian Allen and maybe give him a chance vs Gronk.   I realize that may be a asking alot of a rookie, but we dont seem to have better options.    Sean Davis is completely awful...and no, its not just based on his vs Gronk.   Dude has terrible instincts and I really hope they look into replacing both starting safeties this offseason, because I cant take another season of these two bums.

The issue that I saw vs Gronk was the man coverage. Gronk will beat almost anyone man to man. The man coverage worked for the most part though, I just think a bracket coverage against Gronk would have done you guys better, have someone at the top of Gronk's route. 

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The issue that I saw vs Gronk was the man coverage. Gronk will beat almost anyone man to man. The man coverage worked for the most part though, I just think a bracket coverage against Gronk would have done you guys better, have someone at the top of Gronk's route. 

Yeah, Gronk needs to be gameplanned against. It did not look like we did that. Either bracket him or use a linebacker to smack him around a little at the LOS to disrupt the timing a little. 

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

Ben admitted that he lost track of downs and thought it was 4th down.

WOW!  That explains a LOT!  Now his desperation makes sense.  He didn't think they had time to get the FG unit out there and thought he had to try for a TD.  The other stupid thing about that play was why NO ONE except Eli went out for a pass.  You think it's hard for 6 guys to cover 1 guy?  You expect an INT there.  Especially when the receiver was interfered with and it should've been PI.  

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, Gronk needs to be gameplanned against. It did not look like we did that. Either bracket him or use a linebacker to smack him around a little at the LOS to disrupt the timing a little. 

if Dupree is as useless as a rusher as everyone claims, why not give this a shot.  Have him absolutely crush Gronk in the ribs at the LoS every snap.

11 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

if Dupree is as useless as a rusher as everyone claims, why not give this a shot.  Have him absolutely crush Gronk in the ribs at the LoS every snap.

The only time Ive really seen a healthy Gronk stifled is when guys are physical with him, even cheating against him with holds, pulls, contact after the first 5 etc. This works because he gets physical back, so if you start playing like that against him, he will follow suit and usually the calls go against him. If you play him like this and he doesn't follow suit, chip him and have a guy at the top of his route. 

16 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

He's also good at shimmying out of contact, as you saw on the 2pt conversion. Everything is easier said than done.

The best I've ever seen him contained was Berry in week 1. 

17 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

He certainly didn't look useless yesterday. I think Dupree still needs to develop. He had about 0 technique coming into the league. I think next year things will start coming together for him. Sometimes it takes guys longer to get it figured out. He's not Jarvis Jones.

18 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

He certainly didn't look useless yesterday. I think Dupree still needs to develop. He had about 0 technique coming into the league. I think next year things will start coming together for him. Sometimes it takes guys longer to get it figured out. He's not Jarvis Jones.

Agreed.  He also missed a huge chunk of last year due to injury

Just now, grubs10 said:

Agreed.  He also missed a huge chunk of last year due to injury

I think another offseason with the pass rush guru dude will really help. He's probably never learned techniques so it is hard for him to incorporate his moves into the game. The more time he has the better he should become. I'm an advocate of picking up his option. Even as half the player he can become, he's still pretty useful. 

19 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think another offseason with the pass rush guru dude will really help. He's probably never learned techniques so it is hard for him to incorporate his moves into the game. The more time he has the better he should become. I'm an advocate of picking up his option. Even as half the player he can become, he's still pretty useful. 

He said as much that he hasn't when he was drafted.

Archived