Steelers Christmas Classics: Week 15 GDT vs Pats

43M

4 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Wait, what? How could he have lost track of downs? 

His backtracking with comments (especially towards Haley) is shady to me. 

Just tell it like it is. 

I dont whats going on, but I dont know if he backtracked or got confused.

Meaning, maybe initially he thought it was 3rd down and then Haley told him not to spike it and run a play and maybe he then thought it was 4th down and thus, couldnt spike it.

Either way, its a poor excuse.    That might be an acceptable excuse for a rookie, not a guy who has been a franchise QB for 14 years.  

4 hours ago, Neumatic said:

I’m not a huge fan of Pittsburgh Dad but that is by far the most hilarious once iv seen from them ?.

Agreed on everything.

"The TV's broke...or should I say, it didnt survive the ground!"

Freakin classic!   

Can I ask you guys an X/O question?

A large portion of your 3rd down conversions against us was with tight formations, with JJSS running motion from one side to the other (was usually followed by our #3 corner) and then he ran a shallow cross and our CB could not keep up with him. Instant separation from start to finish. It happened so many times, and only once could we stop it from a great play from our FS.

Is this something PIT have been doing all season? Was this specific for us? 

Thanks guys

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

A large portion of your 3rd down conversions against us was with tight formations, with JJSS running motion from one side to the other (was usually followed by our #3 corner) and then he ran a shallow cross and our CB could not keep up with him. Instant separation from start to finish. It happened so many times, and only once could we stop it from a great play from our FS.

Thanks guys

The answer to both is yes.

So typically it's Brown that we move so much to get him some open releases.  With him down that game down to JuJu as our #2 WR to fill that role.  Now the reason I said yes to both is I noticed some different motions that haven't happened before and some releases that went into routes we don't normally see.

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Thanks guys

It is something we do nearly every week. It's a staple for our offense going against Man and we have three guys that have traits to do it very well.

The motion is to give away the defensive set (man/zone) and then the crossing routes are meant to be man beaters underneath to pick up firsts. Drags are tough on man as its nearly impossible to read and keep up racing across the field through traffic. It usually does get directed to AB, specifically on 3rd and long where the goal is to get it in his hands and let him be AB. 

In general, it was nothing new to us for last week specifically against you. But if you line up and play man a bunch, which I think you do/did, you are going to see it a ton. 

17 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

It is something we do nearly every week. It's a staple for our offense going against Man and we have three guys that have traits to do it very well.

The motion is to give away the defensive set (man/zone) and then the crossing routes are meant to be man beaters underneath to pick up firsts. Drags are tough on man as its nearly impossible to read and keep up racing across the field through traffic. It usually does get directed to AB, specifically on 3rd and long where the goal is to get it in his hands and let him be AB. 

In general, it was nothing new to us for last week specifically against you. But if you line up and play man a bunch, which I think you do/did, you are going to see it a ton. 

Well it was definitely effective. Sometimes I wonder how offenses are stopped at all.

On 2017-12-19 at 11:15 PM, 1BackInBlackFan said:

Bryant should have been on the field at the end. No reason why he shouldn't have been.

if we spiked the ball we could have had him out there. I don't think they expected JuJu to run the distance and for that play Bryant wasn't out there. I thought the same thing, maybe a TD catch like the one he had in bungle in the jungle game IIRC, that circus catch. See if they call that a TD this time  O.o

We need to let this one go and hop[e for a rematch. If we lose the rematch, then that could be the last for Bell , Ben etc. 

Archived