Sources: Aaron Rodgers likely to be medically cleared next week

DigInBoys

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

People who call people brainwashed are ironically the ones brainwashed. Lay off the Alex Jones bud.

You are an echo chamber unto yourself, my friend.

For giggles, let's deconstruct what you just said:

(1) The way to be sure one isn't brainwashed is to not point out any brainwashing.

(2) If one does point out brainwashing, that means Uno reverse; the person who said it is brainwashed and the initial noticing of the brainwashing is rendered irrelevant.

(3) Anyone who points out brainwashing watches too much Alex Jones.

(4) Watching Alex Jones is directly correlated with being brainwashed; the less one watches Alex Jones the less brainwashed someone is.

(5) Alex Jones is the one brainwashing people. 

You are in an echo chamber unto yourself, my friend.

Back to thread talk, I'm super excited that Aaron Rodgers, through his well researched and incredibly scientific (read: real science is demonstrable) actions, is turning back Father Time and recovering at miracle speed just like T.O. did--yes, different injury but same mindset.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

(1) The way to be sure one isn't brainwashed is to not point out any brainwashing.

(2) If one does point out brainwashing, that means Uno reverse; the person who said it is brainwashed and the initial noticing of the brainwashing is rendered irrelevant.

(4) Watching Alex Jones is directly correlated with being brainwashed; the less one watches Alex Jones the less brainwashed someone is.

Back to thread talk, I'm super excited that Aaron Rodgers, through his well researched and incredibly scientific (read: real science is demonstrable) actions, is turning back Father Time and recovering at miracle speed just like T.O. did--yes, different injury but same mindset.

You were seething today. 

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

dumb-stupid.gif

• Like 1

I want to say how I truly feel but I don't want to get this thread 🔒 but anyway here's 10 paragraphs about how I feel that nobody asked for followed by 1-2 sentences to "stay on topic" so I don't get in trouble for the 50th time the past 3 years. 

Anyway just because videos are fun

https://youtu.be/0SCjhI86grU?si=jYkSb2nNPXjyNNh3

Edited by Adrenaline_Flux
  • Like 1

Whether you feel that this was a publicity stunt or not (I don’t, actually), I find it pretty undebatable that Rodgers loves attention more so than most. 

Ironic that there was so much reported salt between he and Favre, and then he nearly followed the same path. 

• Like 3

On 12/19/2023 at 12:58 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Shocker. This was never happening 

Rodgers is a douchebag, but I don't see how "ha you said it'd take you 4 months to recover from this year long injury and it actually took you 5!" is the gotcha people think it is.

And if him pushing himself helps the general medical community figure out ways for normal people to accelerate the rehab process, that's a good thing for everyone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Rodgers is a douchebag, but I don't see how "ha you said it'd take you 4 months to recover from this year long injury and it actually took you 5!" is the gotcha people think it is.

And if him pushing himself helps the general medical community figure out ways for normal people to accelerate the rehab process, that's a good thing for everyone.

I don't think anyone is having a "gotcha' moment. People are just recognizing that this stunt was twofold:

(1) Because he loves attention

(2) Some attempt to keep his teammates checked into the season

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong or in bad-taste or anything like that with this. But I also don't think there's anything wrong w/ pointing out that it's been a stunt all along, either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:
12 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Also, bonus question: did or did not Aaron Rodgers come back in a near-miracle timeframe in comparison to what was expected when factoring in the injury and his age? 

Did he play? Did I miss that?

this

it's still a stunt. he's not (and never was) gonna play this year

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think anyone is having a "gotcha' moment. People are just recognizing that this stunt was twofold:

(1) Because he loves attention

(2) Some attempt to keep his teammates checked into the season

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong or in bad-taste or anything like that with this. But I also don't think there's anything wrong w/ pointing out that it's been a stunt all along, either.

When you say 'stunt', what do you mean?

A stunt to me is a deceptive attempt to portray sincere effort. So Russell Wilson doing knee highs on a flight after he sucks butt on a MNF because he desperately wants people to know how hard he's training is a stunt, or some Instagram workout hardo posting a scheduled 4:30 AM post with a picture of their 8:00 AM workout the previous day is a stunt.

As far as I can tell, Rodgers legitimately busted his *** to get back. He didn't succeed, but I don't see any criticism of rehab effort from a guy who's cleared to practice football 4 months after an Achilles injury. The results there speak for themselves.

Doesn't mean that he isn't an insecure loser who spends his time worried about what other people think of him, but that's doesn't make everything he does a stunt.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

When you say 'stunt', what do you mean?

A stunt to me is a deceptive attempt to portray sincere effort. So Russell Wilson doing knee highs on a flight after he sucks butt on a MNF because he desperately wants people to know how hard he's training is a stunt, or some Instagram workout hardo posting a scheduled 4:30 AM post with a picture of their 8:00 AM workout the previous day is a stunt.

As far as I can tell, Rodgers legitimately busted his *** to get back. He didn't succeed, but I don't see any criticism of rehab effort from a guy who's cleared to practice football 4 months after an Achilles injury. The results there speak for themselves.

Doesn't mean that he isn't an insecure loser who spends his time worried about what other people think of him, but that's doesn't make everything he does a stunt.

I think absolutely everyone in his situation KNEW knew he was never going to return this season. So any hints and statements about the possibility were ingenuine (beyond being a motivational tactic for his teammates).

he's not a loser, certainly. But he has definitely demonstrated insecure behavior and definitely cares what some people think of him (and decidedly doesn't care what other groups of people think of him - like all of us).

In this way, I think it was a 'stunt'. But it doesn't bother me, and I'm not sure why it would bother anyone. 

• Like 2