JETS AT DOLPHINS 1.00 pm

doumeyer

19 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Agreed,  though at this point i feel like, even if we are in a spot to take one of them, it would be worth trading down to pick up a second and maybe a future first to grab lineman in the first and second this year (or a lineman and a wr in the first and second)

If we are getting that much ammo for someone to jump up for a QB I’m in because I’m NOT going all in for Rodgers. I’m building for the future. But if the price ain’t right, I want close to a sure thing at LT. Not someone who is likely a RT. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

If we are getting that much ammo for someone to jump up for a QB I’m in because I’m NOT going all in for Rodgers. I’m building for the future. But if the price ain’t right, I want close to a sure thing at LT. Not someone who is likely a RT. 

Not me, I'm not throwing another QB back there with this OL. I am all in on drafting a LT round 1. We need that franchise LT . No one will have success behind this OL. 

Need to fix the OL and somehow if we can get Davante in here with Rodgers ... Id like to keep Saleh ... but honestly hacket can't stay ... we have to be able to scheme some sort of protection ... sure our O line is trash talent wise and injury wise ... but playcalling and play design has to account for that mess ...

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yeah, I wouldn't even be surprised if someone really wants a guy like Jayden Daniels and is willing to give up a bunch to go up and get him. 

Would allow us the chance to still get a round one tackle or even move back up a bit if we have to to get one of the top two while still picking up extra picks.

10 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Not me, I'm not throwing another QB back there with this OL. I am all in on drafting a LT round 1. We need that franchise LT . No one will have success behind this OL. 

Alt has to be the pick. The guy is like 20 years old and is on of the best LT to come into th draft in a few years. This guy can be a a beast. That means the jets are set at G with AVT, C with Tippman and LT with Alt. Now you just need to fill in the last 3 spots with average guy vets. 

The entire Jets season all came down to one unit and one unit only, the O line. The D at times didn't play up to expectations, but that can't fully fall on the shoulders of the defense. Fatigue played a big part in the games they were mediocre.

The O line is just too old in some places (D.Brown) too overhyped (Tomlinson)and in some cases or one in particular (Becton) is unable to play the position he was drafted at because he has never overcome the knee issue. Tippman is a rookie, and the back ups are just out and out terrible. Mitchell is a open door to the backfield, and the same can hold true for the back ups in general.

The O line is just out and out terrible. AR is a testament to the embarrassment that it is. The O line in years past was considered on the Jets to be one of its strengths, heck with Mark Sanchez as QB we were a threat every game with the O line we had, we were able to open up holes for our RB's.

Today, it's just a memory, now to be fair JD made every effort to solidify the OL beginning with the Draft in round one with Becton and AVT, both of whom battle injuries the past 2-3 years. Becton in particular cannot play the position at a competitive level, defensive linemen are just running around him and in some cases through him.

Maybe Becton if he wants to continue his career should consider guard or perhaps the Jets should consider him at guard, his days are over at T.

JD has had some hits and misses when it comes to FA, Tomlinson is one, but he was a top FA at the time coming off a career year. So I can't fault him on that, but if you put all the pieces together its clear he has no control over injury.

Now AR has shown us, it doesn't matter who is over center if your O line is 31st in the league. The Jets lost and struggled because the O line is terrible. 

Now one may say, well the Jets need many things and the Jets don't have the draft capitol, and that may be true, but they do have some tradable assets which could garner them a high draft pick or 2, but that's for a later date.

Let's be clear, the Jets could wind up with the 5th or 4th pick in the draft, if they do JD would be foolish not to draft down, and for that matter make a draft day trade.

Okay, so let me say what everyone is thinking, we need a T, but we also need a G, and perhaps a C too. Tippman has shown enough that he could be moved to G and back to C in a pinch. AVT they could move over to T, and the Jets pick up both a T and C if they move down.

So if the Jets move down pick up a T, in round 2 a G/T and in round 3 a C or vice versa , they potentially could fix their issues in year one, so hypothetically it would look like this LT=AVT LG =Tomlinson C= Van Pran RG=Tippman RT= Latham  this is just a hypothetical.

But it would be lightyears better than what we are currently fielding. 

But the reality of our future team rests upon the fact that for the past 5 seasons our OL has caused us to trade or potentially cut 2 first round QB's say what you want about their ability. But the O lines have S-U-C-K-E-D!!!!! Period.

To drive the case home Joe Flacco sitting on his couch is coaxed into coming out of retirement and has the Brown's looking like world beaters, he couldn't do that on the Jets. The protection just isn't there for Jets QB's.

I'm sick of Saleh's excuses, I like him, but he's too green as a HC, the team is undisciplined, and that falls on the H.C.. Johnson should move on from him, JD is on the hot seat and has to hit it out of the park this year with FA and the Draft.

We have a win now D, we have some nice pieces on O, but as good as the D is and can win games, we can't field a decent O until the O line is addressed.

This isn't meant to be snarky, please don't take it that way. but just wanted to say tough season and good luck next year.

I know y'all had high hopes and like you, I was excited to watch Rodgers in NY.

Will be looking forward to see how you guys recalibrate and attack next season. Cheers.  

6 hours ago, Big T said:

The entire Jets season all came down to one unit and one unit only, the O line. The D at times didn't play up to expectations, but that can't fully fall on the shoulders of the defense. Fatigue played a big part in the games they were mediocre.

The O line is just too old in some places (D.Brown) too overhyped (Tomlinson)and in some cases or one in particular (Becton) is unable to play the position he was drafted at because he has never overcome the knee issue. Tippman is a rookie, and the back ups are just out and out terrible. Mitchell is a open door to the backfield, and the same can hold true for the back ups in general.

The O line is just out and out terrible. AR is a testament to the embarrassment that it is. The O line in years past was considered on the Jets to be one of its strengths, heck with Mark Sanchez as QB we were a threat every game with the O line we had, we were able to open up holes for our RB's.

Today, it's just a memory, now to be fair JD made every effort to solidify the OL beginning with the Draft in round one with Becton and AVT, both of whom battle injuries the past 2-3 years. Becton in particular cannot play the position at a competitive level, defensive linemen are just running around him and in some cases through him.

Maybe Becton if he wants to continue his career should consider guard or perhaps the Jets should consider him at guard, his days are over at T.

JD has had some hits and misses when it comes to FA, Tomlinson is one, but he was a top FA at the time coming off a career year. So I can't fault him on that, but if you put all the pieces together its clear he has no control over injury.

Now AR has shown us, it doesn't matter who is over center if your O line is 31st in the league. The Jets lost and struggled because the O line is terrible. 

Now one may say, well the Jets need many things and the Jets don't have the draft capitol, and that may be true, but they do have some tradable assets which could garner them a high draft pick or 2, but that's for a later date.

Let's be clear, the Jets could wind up with the 5th or 4th pick in the draft, if they do JD would be foolish not to draft down, and for that matter make a draft day trade.

Okay, so let me say what everyone is thinking, we need a T, but we also need a G, and perhaps a C too. Tippman has shown enough that he could be moved to G and back to C in a pinch. AVT they could move over to T, and the Jets pick up both a T and C if they move down.

So if the Jets move down pick up a T, in round 2 a G/T and in round 3 a C or vice versa , they potentially could fix their issues in year one, so hypothetically it would look like this LT=AVT LG =Tomlinson C= Van Pran RG=Tippman RT= Latham  this is just a hypothetical.

But it would be lightyears better than what we are currently fielding. 

But the reality of our future team rests upon the fact that for the past 5 seasons our OL has caused us to trade or potentially cut 2 first round QB's say what you want about their ability. But the O lines have S-U-C-K-E-D!!!!! Period.

To drive the case home Joe Flacco sitting on his couch is coaxed into coming out of retirement and has the Brown's looking like world beaters, he couldn't do that on the Jets. The protection just isn't there for Jets QB's.

I'm sick of Saleh's excuses, I like him, but he's too green as a HC, the team is undisciplined, and that falls on the H.C.. Johnson should move on from him, JD is on the hot seat and has to hit it out of the park this year with FA and the Draft.

We have a win now D, we have some nice pieces on O, but as good as the D is and can win games, we can't field a decent O until the O line is addressed.

A fan of the trade back to get that 2nd rounder and maybe more depending on offers available. 

I do think we need to sign a high end veteran to play on the line. Tippman and AVT do give us a little flexibility in where that high end vet plays, which is good. As much as it sounds nice to grab lineman with 1st, 2nd and third rounders it's important to remember that we would have a very young inexperienced line at that point and it's a bit rare to see 2nd day picks start right away. The veteran will be key to making like calls and adjustments while also helping mentor the younger guys.

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

A fan of the trade back to get that 2nd rounder and maybe more depending on offers available. 

I do think we need to sign a high end veteran to play on the line. Tippman and AVT do give us a little flexibility in where that high end vet plays, which is good. As much as it sounds nice to grab lineman with 1st, 2nd and third rounders it's important to remember that we would have a very young inexperienced line at that point and it's a bit rare to see 2nd day picks start right away. The veteran will be key to making like calls and adjustments while also helping mentor the younger guys.

All the more reason JD needs to finally nail a good OG in FA to start.  A rookie LT, vet OG, Tip, AVT, Warren(?) does not sound so bad.