BDL 2023 Playoffs Week 2 - #4 Camden Hood Rats @ #2 Cancun Kaiju

RedGold

Who wins?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Cancun Kaiju

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2023 at 05:00 AM

30 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This is also smart as Cancun wants to attack this defense deep. Great counter here by Camden

29 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

But then there is this that Cancun wants to do…

Look, all I'm saying is that if Camden is utilizing their psychic powers to identify our receivers' routes, we demand a full league investigation into the matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

This reads as guessing… in an attempt to account for every possible thing. So any feeling that extra pressure is coming inside you either screen/maybe slants or leave the RB in? 

Depends on who's lined up where. Basically if we have Allen lined up over Bozeman and blitz is coming - meaning Allen is in a 1vs1 situation vs Bozeman, then screen/RB pass pro. If Bozeman can pick up Travis Jones or the inside blitzer, based on pre-snap positioning at least, we're ok. This is what I meant.

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Malik Hooker out for Camden by the way

Jackson in for him. Next man up

Going Camden.

Mahomes will make plays on his own, but Cancun is working with a skeleton crew of offensive weapons. The game plan being "chuck it deep" I don't think plays well with that personnel. I actually think this game would end up pretty low scoring and lots of strong defense on both sides. I trust more players on Camden to make a key play when it matters.  

Meh don’t really want to vote on this because I am torn and it’s closer than I think people have commented but I guess I will at some point today… It’s does a great game plan cover some talent deficiency vs talent and a gameplan that has some good pieces but feels like a lot of cover all possibilities and some guessing and not as honed in for me. No disrespect meant to anyone just thinking out loud. 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Meh don’t really want to vote on this because I am torn and it’s closer than I think people have commented but I guess I will at some point today… It’s does a great game plan cover some talent deficiency vs talent and a gameplan that has some good pieces but feels like a lot of cover all possibilities and some guessing and not as honed in for me. No disrespect meant to anyone just thinking out loud. 

Definitely interested in discussing what part of my plan comes across as cover all possibilities and guess as constructive criticism if you are up to it. Now (or in a couple of hours as I'm about to go out) or after the voting process ends, win or lose. 

17 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Definitely interested in discussing what part of my plan comes across as cover all possibilities and guess as constructive criticism if you are up to it. Now (or in a couple of hours as I'm about to go out) or after the voting process ends, win or lose. 

Cover 4 – Middle of the field in the intermediate area will be the first read, mostly by Kupp. Cancun linebackers are solid all-around players, but they get beat quite often in coverage, especially Franklin. A savvy route runner like Kupp will be able to exploit that. Second read will be short outside the numbers to have AJ or Gabe/Shaheed (or Ekeler as safety valve) working on a LB. Davis and Shaheed will rotate fairly equally at WR2 spot.
•    Cover 3 – Overload one side of the field (preferably the right side) on three levels and target who’s open and allow Tua to react to the DBs choices. Another possibility will be a four-go or post routes with the RB staying in pass pro.
•    Cover 2 zone – Be aggressive downfield with multiple go routes
•    Man with Robber– Beat Cancun deep with Brown, Shaheed/Davis, Pitts or our RB (mostly Ekeler) with double moves, post routes or RB Wheels. Steven Nelson and Cam Sutton are good but they can be beaten deep especially with our guys, and we don’t think Cancun can cover Pitts and Ekeler at the same time man-to-man
•    Cover 2 man – Use underneath stuff to Kupp, Brown, our RBs or Everett.

You’re not going to be able to identify all of these coverages even with pre snap motion… so just trying to cover every possible coverage with an ideal plan looks good to some voters possibly but it’s unrealistic imo. And is less focused on specific elements/aspects to attack. I get being “thorough” but being thorough should also include being honed in and this is just unrealistic to me and let’s just throw something out there for every possibility. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I think those are general plans based on what Tua sees from the presnap motion is how I read it.  I think figuring between the cover 2 zone and cover 4 zone can be problematic if the are playing off in both scenarios

Which “We have flexibility to run Cover 4, off man, press man, and Cover 2 with this look.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Which “We have flexibility to run Cover 4, off man, press man, and Cover 2 with this look.”

oh for sure, but I don't think including what he wants to do if he persees a certain look is a cover all, i'd rather see what that plan is than guess myself.  Whether Tua sees it consistently enough is up to voters to decide

• Like 1