2024 Offseason Thread

KingTitan

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If we’re counting Edges, then we need 4 starters to account for it vs 2 for CBs. We’re thinner at interior DL.

Edges play on the DL that’s why it’s call a 4 man front. Yes we’re thin in the interior but we’re thin in the secondary we have 2 starting CB’s that’s it. You at least need 3 in base defense. 

Just now, TitanRedd said:

Edges play on the DL that’s why it’s call a 4 man front. Yes we’re thin in the interior but we’re thin in the secondary we have 2 starting CB’s that’s it. You at least need 3 in base defense. 

I was agreeing with you by the way 💪🏾

45 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

We need to sign an OT before the draft. Can not go into the draft with Duncan, Radunz, and NPF as the only OTs on the roster.

Is there a real reason why they can't? 

I mean I truly understand the uncomfortable feeling and if the season was starting. It would be very uncomfortable. 

However, there is a good chance that someone like Leno waits until after the draft to sign. One of those vets will wait. 

NPF isn't a lost cause to me. He had a decent rookie season and never got going in his second year, with injuries and suspension. 

Most of us were very comfortable with him as RT going into the year. Weren't many complaints if I recall. 

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

They’re listed at OLB on the team page. You can’t pretend those are the same any more than you can pretend that safeties and CBs are the same because they’re both DBs or Centers and tackles are the same.

I know you need 3 CBs, but you also need 3 DLs and we have 1. I don’t know how much simpler I have to make the idea of two being a bigger number than one for you to understand.

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

NPF isn't a lost cause to me. He had a decent rookie season and never got going in his second year, with injuries and suspension. 

Did he? I remember him being pretty bad, especially the 2nd half of the season, and people just giving him a pass because he was a rookie.

31 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Did he? I remember him being pretty bad, especially the 2nd half of the season, and people just giving him a pass because he was a rookie.

yeah, he’s literally never been good outside of a few flashes early in his rookie year. at this point there’s no reason to count on him for anything.

38 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah he did. It was grading him as an 3rd round rookie of course. Like many rookies he had his struggles but he showed enough to be penciled in as starter coming into this season. 

I guess it's revisionist history. But he showed enough to be worked with before last year. 

Ah well. 

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yeah, he’s literally never been good outside of a few flashes early in his rookie year. at this point there’s no reason to count on him for anything.

Again I feel this is a very extreme review of his rookie year. 

But it is what it is. 

I'm not of the mind to write him off but I see I'm alone in that 

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Again I feel this is a very extreme review of his rookie year. 

But it is what it is. 

I'm not of the mind to write him off but I see I'm alone in that 

it’s not extreme, it’s literally just true. he graded out very negatively his rookie year and clearly didn’t play well after showing a little potential very early on. that itself is basically fine, lots of rookie OLs play poorly, but he’s been unable to stay on the field since then and in the short time he’s been on the field he’s been awful. i’m not saying it’d be impossible for him to turn it around, but i am saying it’d be silly to go into the season relying on him to play at a starting caliber level.