Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Baltimore Ravens

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, that's what it sounds like. 

I mean, his 10 yard split was comparable to Lamar's. I think "move like Lamar Jackson" is a stretch, but I do agree that his 10 yard split is indicative of his ability to escape. 

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I mean, his 10 yard split was comparable to Lamar's. I think "move like Lamar Jackson" is a stretch, but I do agree that his 10 yard split is indicative of his ability to escape. 

Lamar doesn't have an official 10 yard split. 

As far as I know, that info stems from a random reddit post

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It;'s not like Lamar had to run to p]rove he was fast.  I p]ersonally think it is neat Lombardi came up] with a fun new way to draw attention to himself today.  It;'s mostly 9er fans arguing with false information out there, so having this weird *** discussion is p]retty cool.

2P}urdy is underrated athletically, but Lamar is on a different level than the rest of the QB;'s, other than maybe Kyler and Fields.  Even then, Lamar has Change of direction ability those two guys don;'t have.

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

As far as I know, that info stems from a random reddit post

I mean, the guy that Kyle was describing was Steve Young. I think that '94 team is his Platonic ideal of what offense should be. On defense, it's the early 2000s Bucs. Brock ain't Steve as an athlete. I think that we all know the more accurate 49ers comp and that guy is also good.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Marlon Humphrey says he doesn't respect a single person on the Niners team.  Hope Deebo takes that personally.  I love when he plays fired up.  lol

As far as it goes, I feel like it is better when the media and other teams say negative things rather than heap]ing p]raise all over the team.

2Seems like an odd thing to say for their most medium defensive p]layer.  I think we will see a lot of Aiyuk on the outside against their man coverage p]ackages.......If they run man at all.

2The Ravens are very multip]le on defense, so they could attack the 9ers with man, zone, and/or blitz.  I;'m not sure which way they;'ll lean.  The team has an answer for any defense they can scheme up], we just have to time the p]lays up].  The biggest challenge when p]laying Baltimore seems to be reading their man against zone coverages p]re snap].   They like to line up] in man, p]lay gap]s against the run or drop] into zone against the p]***.  Their linebacker level is good at disguising their intentions for the first few step]s of the p]lay, and are strong all around in coverage, run sup]p]ort, and communication.  

I hop]e that Brock;'s ability to read coverages is on full disp]lay here, as it will be key to moving the ball on offense.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

Just now, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

As far as it goes, I feel like it is better when the media and other teams say negative things rather than heap]ing p]raise all over the team.

What's going on with your keyboard (or phone) my dude? lol 

13 minutes ago, GW21 said:

What's going on with your keyboard (or phone) my dude? lol 

My buttons suck.  p] are the same, enter and 2 p]ress at the same time.  The other enter hits the equal sign.  It sucks.  I sup]p]ose I should rep]lace my keyboard soon.  Maybe I will rep]lace it with a cabin in the woods.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ataal said:

Marlon Humphrey says he doesn't respect a single person on the Niners team.  Hope Deebo takes that personally.  I love when he plays fired up.  lol

He was totally kidding and they only played the part before he gave his real opinion of the team....And he spoke glowingly of the defense and all the weapons and Purdy. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He was totally kidding and they only played the part before he gave his real opinion of the team....And he spoke glowingly of the defense and all the weapons and Purdy. 

Gotcha.  They must have chopped up the video that I watched, then.  He seemed serious and the other guy kept telling him to go on, and he followed up with a straight face.  Really good chop job if he was just joking around.  

21 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

My buttons suck.  p] are the same, enter and 2 p]ress at the same time.  The other enter hits the equal sign.  It sucks.  I sup]p]ose I should rep]lace my keyboard soon.  Maybe I will rep]lace it with a cabin in the woods.

As an IT guy, this is so painful for me.  lol

• Like 1